First ROK Stock Poll

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Macintosh

WKR
…at 13” LOP, I’m excited to give one a try.
I blame you and your elevationally-challenged kind for all of the stocks out there that are too-short for correctly-sized humans.

Would it be too much to ask for a butt-profile that matches a ubiquitous gun to provide pre-fit recoil pad options in a variety of thicknesses? I need 14”+. Seems a no-brainer for a “bolt in and go” stock to just make the mold so it’ll take existing pads in a standard size without having to deal with grinding to fit.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I blame you and your elevationally-challenged kind for all of the stocks out there that are too-short for correctly-sized humans.

Would it be too much to ask for a butt-profile that matches a ubiquitous gun to provide pre-fit recoil pad options in a variety of thicknesses? I need 14”+. Seems a no-brainer for a “bolt in and go” stock to just make the mold so it’ll take existing pads in a standard size without having to deal with grinding to fit.

I am 6’5” and my knuckles don’t quite drag the ground. A slip on Sims pad sure helps the feel of most factory stocks for me in the LOP department.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider

6'7" here, glad to hear I'm not alone on this challenge! 100% agree.
I think I remember reading the rear half of the stock was settled on already, I have faith that simple LOP adjustment was considered.
Don't want to change things for the opposite end of the height spectrum, just please allow us tall gangly anomalies the chance to simply 'bolt on' the correct LOP via spacers or thicker pads etc. (if it doesn't blow the weight/$$$ budget, can't imagine it would?).

ElPollo

WKR
Just listened to the podcast on the ROK Stock. Sounds like y’all are still headed in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing the endpoint.

I would echo this. LOP adjustment via different thickness of recoil pads and/or spacers would be awesome

gabenzeke

WKR
After today's podcast, I wish I could get one for my ARC CDG. Had I known what I know now, I probably would have just bought a Tikka.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: NSI

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I'm finding it really hard to get onboard with the arguments against a recessed pic + flush cup.

Particularly in light of how snaggy a non-flush bolt-on pic is to live with.

-J

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpeg
    IMG_1598.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1586.jpeg
    IMG_1586.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1610.jpeg
    IMG_1610.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1616.jpeg
    IMG_1616.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 122

BAKPAKR

WKR
I'm finding it really hard to get onboard with the arguments against a recessed pic + flush cup.

-J

When did they start using inletting the Gen 2 for Tikkas?

BAKPAKR

WKR
It’s a separate builder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed the integral pic rail option. Although I don’t have a stock with an integral pic rail (yet), I really do think that is the way to go.

SloppyJ

WKR
I voted for the rail and I might be considered one of those Eastern white tail guys. If it's flush with the rest of the stock, I only see it as a benefit. I don't run a bipod for whitetails because I don't really need it but in the off-season I do because my gun doubles as a range/practice rifle too.

If left handed rem 700s are going to be available initially, I will be in for a pre-order. I've been actively looking for a stock for the past week and there's nothing out there in-stock. If I'm going to wait anyway, I might as well give this a shot.

Harvey_NW

WKR

-J
Yeah, this changed my vote.

Reactions: NSI