Fat Guy Weekly Weigh In.

*zap*

WKR
Starting weight 240.6
Today 226.5
This week -3.7

Feeling great both mentally and physically. I’ve ramped up the workouts by increasing the aerobic stuff and adding in some great new(to me) weight work. Zap, you have talked here and on other threads about “posterior chain”. I had to look it up as I’d never heard that phrase. Well I’ve added a few lifts focusing on it and feel really good about it. Thanks for the tip.

(y)

92xj

WKR
2 years ago = 280
August 2018 = 175
January 2019 = 223 (fell off hard during holidays, birth of new son, birthdays)
Today = 194.2
Goal of 170 - 180 for life.
35 years old, 5'10", strong lower body, weak upper, been fat my whole life. Being under 200 puts me back to middle school weight.

2 years ago = 280
August 2018 = 175
January 2019 = 223 (fell off hard during holidays, birth of new son, birthdays)
Today = 194.2
Goal of 170 - 180 for life.
35 years old, 5'10", strong lower body, weak upper, been fat my whole life. Being under 200 puts me back to middle school weight.
Sounds like we’re built about the same, solid base little too light on top.

92xj

WKR
Sounds like we’re built about the same, solid base little too light on top.

I wish I could say a little too light up top, but I can't, that's where all my fat still hangs out and chats with me daily. I never built a strong muscle base up top. Was a soccer player as a kid, and being fat for 20 years, hiking and hunting has built up great leg muscles but nothing up top. My daily cardio and weighed pack weekend hikes will eventually burn it off, I hope, and the daily push ups, sit ups and curls are hopefully building something under the fat.

I wish I could say a little too light up top, but I can't, that's where all my fat still hangs out and chats with me daily. I never built a strong muscle base up top. Was a soccer player as a kid, and being fat for 20 years, hiking and hunting has built up great leg muscles but nothing up top. My daily cardio and weighed pack weekend hikes will eventually burn it off, I hope, and the daily push ups, sit ups and curls are hopefully building something under the fat.

Oh I’m with yah, soccer and swimming for me then shoulder/upper back injuries. About the time I started to fill out I hurt myself and started filling in or rounding out... still packing around some gut but, we’ll get there. I never realized how weak my upper body was until I started trying to strengthen it. I’ve always gotten by at work/in life using my whole body but when your doing an exercise that targets one muscle group that’s lacking it can be comicaly sad 😞

227 today, hanging around 227-228 for the last 6 weeks or so- but that's down from 268 last august. so I'm good. Got a vacation coming up in a couple weeks- so gonna hang on to this and then hit it hard again upon return.
good news is strength is coming along very well- gains in all of the big 3- squat, DL, Bench.
started rucking 2x/week last week- 30lbs to start, 2 miles first day- flat. 4 miles second day- with some hills.
Keep the fire lit!

Seeing all you guys doing so well gives me hope! I am mid 50s and the mountains are much harder now. For most of my working life as an arborist I kept in "sheep shape" just by working. 10 years ago I moved to management and now spend my time behind a desk or steering wheel. I quickly went up from my normal 225lbs. Last year saw me at 270lbs so I tried the keto diet and upped my hiking as well as starting a bit of weight lifting. I lost 25lbs in 3 months but couldn't maintain it and re gained 15 of those pounds. I just started up my program again and will check in here once and awhile for motivation!

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
Seeing all you guys doing so well gives me hope! I am mid 50s and the mountains are much harder now. For most of my working life as an arborist I kept in "sheep shape" just by working. 10 years ago I moved to management and now spend my time behind a desk or steering wheel. I quickly went up from my normal 225lbs. Last year saw me at 270lbs so I tried the keto diet and upped my hiking as well as starting a bit of weight lifting. I lost 25lbs in 3 months but couldn't maintain it and re gained 15 of those pounds. I just started up my program again and will check in here once and awhile for motivation!

I hear you in all of the above! 46 years old and the weight is tough to lose. Management job in front of a computer 12 hours a day right now. Smoked for 10 years - who would ever think I would one day live in Colorado and need my lungs to enjoy it...

You younger guys, bust ass while you can and don’t carry weight as long as I did. Once you get older it gets much more difficult to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strand

Lil-Rokslider
I came on looking for a thread like this after taking a break from Rokslide post-season. I tried the WA 28 day challenge starting March 4th and went from 242 (my heaviest) down to 230 as of yesterday morning. Not starving myself, just eating a lot better. I'm getting in the gym before work 4 days a week, and committing to at least 1 long hike in the hills every other weekend. I haven't consistently weighed under 190 lbs since 7th grade... I was a fat kid. 31 years old, 5' 9", and I get around pretty well when I'm around 195-200 lbs. Shooting for the sub 200 club by the end of August.

Starting weight 3/4 - 242
Yesterday 4/1 - 230

ChrisS

WKR
Missed posting this yesterday:
3/11 - 218.2
3/18 - 215.9
3/25 - 214.7

Today - 215.9

Pretty much the same workout each week for me (depending on the weather if I run outside or inside). Added the first weighted pack hike on Saturday - 3.25 miles on mostly flat trails with one short-ish climb. Thought my sandbag was 40lbs, but after hiking I weighed my whole pack and it was 59.8 lbs.

Two steps forward, one back - the weight loss shuffle.

Last edited:
3/7 - 231
3/11 - 229
3/18 - 231 (sick)
3/25 - 228
4/2 - 226

I didn't hit goal #1, 224.5 lbs. by 4/2. My motivation for goal #1 also fell through. Talking with my uncle last week, he said he didn't want to get a tag this year. He had shoulder surgery in January and is not sure if he will be ready for archery season. He is still going to come out to help keep camp and glass.

I'm a little disappointed in myself for not hitting my first goal. Getting back after it this week.

noexcuses

FNG
checking back in @ #182 this morning. 7 to 12# to go, then into maintain and keep it off while upping weights and getting in training hikes