Fat Guy Weekly Weigh In.

Doing good fellas, keep grinding!
Totally depends on each individual, but I fought low back and knee pain for years as a fit person and figured out it was from weak/inactive glutes and legs (as a fit person). Started doing wall sits, and single leg squats with the other leg up on couch or chair and that stuff went away after years of chronic pain. Won’t be the answer for everyone but might help someone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foolar

FNG
I have to agree. Keto was what broke my sugar addiction and that helped a lot.

The edge I learned here was that you have to know how to control your testosterone and growth hormone through your food. Keto in LA basically doesn't happen without that when training a cast in under 3 months.

Hope that helps other people.
Not always simple control of growth hormone and testosterone can help. Here complex therapy with professional doctors is important. I know what I'm talking about.

I started on the 1st of the year at 210 and am 180 today, cutting beer was the worst breakup I have ever had.
Excellent work. I sympathize, beer is a tough quit. Keep at it dude.
Congrats! Wish I hadn't taken such a break, football and beer and hunting season make me forget about the gym and eating healthy haha
It’s so damn easy to jump off the tracks, isn’t it? Good for you, me and everyone else in this thread for finding our way back on.

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
Hectic weekend and start to the week (surgery for the wife Friday, 50k trail race Saturday, post op checkups Mon., etc), so just today got to weigh in.

Monday the 18th - 200.2#
Today - 196.9#

First time in over 6 years that I've been below 200lbs, and it feels awesome! Completed my first ultra over the weekend (50k in 7:39) with 4700 ft of gain on a muddy AF horse trail, which feels even more awesome. My trick is counting every calorie in MyFitnessPal and running daily (32 day streak as of now).

Keep at it guys!

(Also, wife is recovering well from her procedure. Sore, but healing.)

Totally depends on each individual, but I fought low back and knee pain for years as a fit person and figured out it was from weak/inactive glutes and legs (as a fit person). Started doing wall sits, and single leg squats with the other leg up on couch or chair and that stuff went away after years of chronic pain. Won’t be the answer for everyone but might help someone!

This kind of stuff is I think where a lot of people get hung up. I’ve battled shoulder/upper back pain for 10+ years. Done 4-5 rounds of pt with different injuries. Finally went to a personal trainer and found out I’m way over working some muscle groups compensating for/protecting others... and I’m also lacking glute engagement.

But on the weigh in note had my 3rd in body yesterday and I’m down 5# and 2.5% body fat, up around 3# of muscle and more hydrated.

Was this pain at the top of your knee? And more of just a general soreness than actual pain?

I had a similar experience- about three or four years ago my knees started hurting, started with my left, then my right. Went to my doc, prescribed some ibuprofen, didn't help, got worse over time. Referred me an ortho surgeon- took pics- said I had osteo arthritis and scoped left knee as that one was hurting me the most. Worked for a month or so, then back to the same. Ortho then tried to sell me on stem cell injections. I did a bunch of research, figured out there was no data to support the effectiveness. So over the next couple of years I tried to "take it easy" on my knees. became less active, fatter, and knees only got worse. finally said screw it last year, started lifting weights, and took off 40 lbs. Now squatting to full depth, deadlifting etc. Knee pain is gone. I feel better than I've felt in 15 years or so. Just thought it would be good to share this as I was buying in to the bullshit - "you were an athlete, you wore your knees out early, you're gonna need a knee replacement eventually" all that crap- turns out becoming less of a fatty and working out is actually good for you! Who knew?

hutch2882

FNG
Started three weeks ago at 253, down to 248 now. Hope to be near 230. Carb control and running. Plan to strap the pack on and work weight up in about a month. Great thread to help keep me motivated.

I took the afternoon off to watch the Yankees opening day, the only sport left that I like. Just had my dinner, tuna on a low carb wrap with water. In the past it would’ve involved a big sub and a 12 pack for such an occasion. I feel damn good about myself.
The motivation from this group really does help.

*zap*

WKR
I took the afternoon off to watch the Yankees opening day, the only sport left that I like. Just had my dinner, tuna on a low carb wrap with water. In the past it would’ve involved a big sub and a 12 pack for such an occasion. I feel damn good about myself.
The motivation from this group really does help.

(y)