Equipment versus practice posts and Rifle practice/shooting

Haven’t had time to shoot for a couple of weeks. I changed rings and mounts on my Kimber recently. That fixes the ejection issues I was having with the Leupold mounts. Tested a new magazine with no feeding issues.

Shot a round, adjusted and shot 10 more. After zero, I shot 10 seated, over trekking poles.

View attachment 765637

Still trending a little high, although I shot another group prone with the bipod after this and ended up adjusting down .2 mil for zero.

This is my position. Feel free to critique. @mxgsfmdpx @PNWGATOR @Formidilosus

View attachment 765638

I've been doing the same (trend high). Need to shoot more to understand if i'm dropping at the shot or if my trigger press is pulling the POA up. It does feel like my trigger press is a little aggressive once the sites settle - feels a bit like "target panic" with archery stuff.

I've been doing the same (trend high). Need to shoot more to understand if i'm dropping at the shot or if my trigger press is pulling the POA up. It does feel like my trigger press is a little aggressive once the sites settle - feels a bit like "target panic" with archery stuff.
I’m about 99.99% positive mine is related to structure/base, or it’s the alignment of my trigger hand. Trigger press is surprise break every time.

It’s easy to try and time it and do a “drive by” when you’re doing positional shooting.

Mine is the opposite they always end up low during the drill I’m thinking it might be my rear support during recoil since it doesn’t show up on dry fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk