Don't Burn Your Toilet Paper

Carr5vols

WKR
You all and this generation is so weak...carrying TP in the backcountry you are surrounded by sticks and leaves....i thought this was rokslide and every ounce counted...

AZ8

WKR
In 2022, a homeless guy from Louisiana started a fire here up on the San Francisco Peaks because he thought it was a good idea to burn his TP…..during a Red Flag day with 65mph gusts!

johnw3474

FNG
They could not have been too granola. I spent a summer in college doing back country fisheries work in Yosemite… my partner never carried tp. SHE just used rocks. That is the true granola way!

No, we don’t need further rules and restrictions. This would be a great opportunity to run an ad campaign or social media campaign about how hunters conserve, while in the mean time you have non-hunter hikers starting fires because they can’t wipe their own butts without burning the place down. Would be a hilarious - and pointed - ad campaign.

It was common practice in the 80s-90s among the LNT/equivalent followers.
Seems to have died out as a practice judging by the shit covered toilet paoer you find just sitting around on the ground every half mile on poopular trails.