The resident short game. Long term consequences?

Hnthrdr

WKR
@LoggerDan

For some reason i wwnt to respond to you.

Im deaf. Started hunting in 1978 - before the assinine kid seasons. Got first doe in 1985, buck in 1990. Not bad for a deaf kid, now old man.

We got parapelgic seasons, vet seasons, and youth seasons for the kids who’s parents are dicks and wont take em during regular seasons.

What else do we need? Keep lining up the special interest folks? Change the rules for each?

God knows we dont want no NR seasons cause they are trouble.

Folks only support what helps them. I’m tired of wasting hunting seasons on folks who dont need it. Cant walk normal? Sure. Anyone else - really? Do they really need it?

Again im deaf and get nothing special from anyone. Would you hunt w double hearing protection? Yeah, ima hardass.
On the bright side man, you don’t need to worry about ear pro with a muzzle brake

Rich M

WKR
On the bright side man, you don’t need to worry about ear pro with a muzzle brake
Life hasn't been bad. Muzzle brakes do hurt - might be the percussion. LoL!

'bout the only thing I can say is that I can truly be in a quiet space, with no outside noise. Lots more peaceful than hearing birds and the house creaking, stuff like that.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Life hasn't been bad. Muzzle brakes do hurt - might be the percussion. LoL!

'bout the only thing I can say is that I can truly be in a quiet space, with no outside noise. Lots more peaceful than hearing birds and the house creaking, stuff like that.
Muzzle brakes are hell on me too which is why I am getting into suppressors, just wish I had them in the service back in the day.

I appreciate how you find the upside in hearing loss I redid my floors and there are a few creaks that drive me nuts!

Rich M

WKR
Muzzle brakes are hell on me too which is why I am getting into suppressors, just wish I had them in the service back in the day.

I appreciate how you find the upside in hearing loss I redid my floors and there are a few creaks that drive me nuts!
I'm starting to look into a supressor as well - met a guy at a private range and his setup was excellent - some kind of semi like a Mini-30 and all you could hear was the slide and the bullet hit steel. That was neat.

Gotta find sunshine in everything. Good luck with that floor!

I think the first point is that it’s shitty to ask non-residents for help on access and other issues on one hand and with the other be writing up ways to cut opportunities for those same non-residents. Unlimited OTC isn’t good for anybody, I understand that.

Agree nothing is owed to us, but I can’t wait for the first state to cut all non-resident tag allotments and watch the residents start a riot when the state game agency doubles or triples (or more) resident tag prices to make up the funding difference. You can’t go from selling 12,000 NR tags at $600-1000 and make up for it by giving those same tags away to residents for $30-$50 each.
There was a while where Kansas didn't allow non resident hunters. The old timers up there refer to that as the best deer hunting. It wasn't long until other states didn't allow Kansas hunters to hunt in their states.

I'm not sure this approach would work with western guys though cause they could probably care less to go hunt back east.