Diesel Shortage - Anyone Worried?

The first time I heard his slogan I said "more like Tear Down Faster".

People don't realize how long the negative effects carry on and on and on from bad policies. The effects from just the last 22.5 months is going to be with us for a very long time.
But the effects of good policies disappear the instant someone else is in office?

packer58

WKR
The first time I heard his slogan I said "more like Tear Down Faster".

People don't realize how long the negative effects carry on and on and on from bad policies. The effects from just the last 22.5 months is going to be with us for a very long time.
This is very true, seems like the results of bad policies are felt and take effect almost immediately, on the flip side, policies that positively effect the masses takes a while to be felt by the average citizen....

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
But the effects of good policies disappear the instant someone else is in office?
Good policies aren't a problem. But when someone has a campaign spouting off all the bad and illogical policies they are running on, it's also pretty easy to see the negative effects and long term issues from those long before they even happen. So none of these things going on now should be a surprise to ANYONE that voted.

Last edited:

mmatt3

FNG
I blame people who identify more as a Political Party member than an American citizen. Whiplash policy making (or inability to craft logical policy) is driving many countries into the dirt.

Social media had really fueled this. Brazil, France, UK, etc. Not just the USA.
This is 100% true. The controlling party see-saws and therefore there's no cohesive ability to drive policy towards solutions. Social media plays a massive role. Mainstream media is also moving very quickly to political wings. It's a tough situation to solve.

49ereric

WKR
Who to blame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Covid saw a major decrease in production for various reasons sick people can’t work and less demand so some small refinery's shut down and some being converted to bio diesel so can’t be used to ease the current shortfall.
@40% of diesel refined today gets exported for various reasons.
more to it than that…
seems to be popular to blame Biden and ignore facts.

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
My wife recently was in the market for a hybrid. She saw those high mpg figures and was drawn to them like a moth to the light. So then I had "her" do the research for real world numbers. The real world numbers were quite a bit lower, especially in the cold, the mountains, all highway driving, etc. Then you throw in the cost of replacing the battery, and the equation versus the gas model looks completely different. She bought the gas model.
Some more data to back-up what your wife learned doing her research in the links below. EVs are far, far from practical for anyone outside an urban area. Plus, buying a used EV could net you a nice surprise when the batteries are shot and you go to replace them, aside from all the sourcing/disposal costs you find the cost is more than you paid for the vehicle.

- YouTube documentary Ford F-150 Lighting with truck bed camper going from Cali to Alaska and trying to drive daily and recharge evenings

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com...-f-150-and-four-wheel-camper-make-alaska-run/ - full series link for the above documentary

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...roblem-replacement-battery-costs-more-vehicle

Just saying - these things are not ready for prime-time.

mmatt3

FNG
I live in the NE, and teslas are popping up everywhere, but we are still a long ways away from a major shift to EVs. They're still impractical for many, which is going to be the main driver (see what I did there?) of adoption.

Instantly no, but can in a very short time. It’s not hard to actually see the results of the progressive war against petroleum and natural gas.

Simple stuff unless you just refuse acknowledge the factual policies in place. What happen to US refinery capacity? We are well past Covid in 22 almost 2023

1EBC097B-950E-4698-AB2F-D83C525ACC5F.png

Last edited:

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
Some more data to back-up what your wife learned doing her research in the links below. EVs are far, far from practical for anyone outside an urban area. Plus, buying a used EV could net you a nice surprise when the batteries are shot and you go to replace them, aside from all the sourcing/disposal costs you find the cost is more than you paid for the vehicle.

- YouTube documentary Ford F-150 Lighting with truck bed camper going from Cali to Alaska and trying to drive daily and recharge evenings

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com...-f-150-and-four-wheel-camper-make-alaska-run/ - full series link for the above documentary

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...roblem-replacement-battery-costs-more-vehicle

Just saying - these things are not ready for prime-time.
Add this to it as well - flat-land simple towing:

WKR
Instantly no, but can in a very short time. It’s not hard to actually see the results of the progressive war against petroleum and natural gas.

Simple stuff unless you just refuse acknowledge the factual policies in place. What happen to US refinery capacity? We are well past Covid in 22 almost 2023

View attachment 469316
In looking at the graph, we're still at approximately 2015 levels, correct? Unless demand has increased dramatically, it doesn't seem to explain the difference in fuel pricing from 2015 to now.

I'd be more likely to blame policy if the oil companies themselves weren't showing RECORD levels of profits.

To me, it appears that the industry is leveraging the perception of an unfavorable administration to completely screw the consumer to the tune of record profitability. So Exxon can make more money than they ever have before and people blame Biden... Seems a bit opportunistic.

In looking at the graph, we're still at approximately 2015 levels, correct? Unless demand has increased dramatically, it doesn't seem to explain the difference in fuel pricing from 2015 to now.

I'd be more likely to blame policy if the oil companies themselves weren't showing RECORD levels of profits.

To me, it appears that the industry is leveraging the perception of an unfavorable administration to completely screw the consumer to the tune of record profitability. So Exxon can make more money than they ever have before and people blame Biden... Seems a bit opportunistic.

Every business operates on a percentage mark up. Naturally you revenue goes up when you have price increases. Simple math.

The major concern is what is being shipped(unrefined and refined) and why? It’s it because regulations make domestic profitability minute compared to other markets with out heavy regulations?

US production isnt growing in any relevance, the number of small to mid sized producers with out funding is growing exponentially, why? That is a direct link back to current administrations pressure on banking industry. The current administration adopting and re-instating 20 year old expired regulations is an unneeded burden on producers also. I can keep adding to current administration actions against the petro industry

End of the day US energy policy is shaped by who ever welds the EPA.

Your energy needs don’t decrease when population is continuously expanding. Efficiencies lower the slope but they don’t completely flatten it.