Diesel Shortage - Anyone Worried?

49ereric

WKR
Instantly no, but can in a very short time. It’s not hard to actually see the results of the progressive war against petroleum and natural gas.

Simple stuff unless you just refuse acknowledge the factual policies in place. What happen to US refinery capacity? We are well past Covid in 22 almost 2023

View attachment 469316
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

H. L. Mencken

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Well, biden did say he would eliminate fossil fuels.....
And he and others in the party actually said their goal was to bankrupt U.S. oil companies. That's not a logical statement in any argument or debate. That's what we're dealing with. I find it funny though that lots of folks have been brainwashed by the media that oil producers set the market pricing for oil and gas. LOL.

Those same people don't seem to care about, or they just ignore all those previous years where oil companies were losing billions of dollars. Now that they're able to make some profit because of this current free market scenario........"they're suddenly EVIL".

I don’t think it’s true, honestly none of the shortages thus far have been. All were created or manufactured or lies. Diesel is the first cut anyway and why is it so expensive…… I work in trucking. Trucks move our economy, all our goods. Everything you eat, wear, the house or your dwelling. Something if not most everything rode in on something powered by diesel. Rail, hwy, or sea. With that being said the price of goods and services increase. They have to or places will go out of business. Nothing well not 100% Putin. Ps they are really pushing EVs……..

I don’t think it’s true, honestly none of the shortages thus far have been. All were created or manufactured or lies. Diesel is the first cut anyway and why is it so expensive…… I work in trucking. Trucks move our economy, all our goods. Everything you eat, wear, the house or your dwelling. Something if not most everything rode in on something powered by diesel. Rail, hwy, or sea. With that being said the price of goods and services increase. They have to or places will go out of business. Nothing well not 100% Putin. Ps they are really pushing EVs……..
You just explained why it's so expensive. Everything uses it.

Trucks, trains, boats... Tanks, generators.

Militaries use massive amounts of diesel.

You just explained why it's so expensive. Everything uses it.

Trucks, trains, boats... Tanks, generators.

Militaries use massive amounts of diesel.
That’s right. I know how much we use at our yard. I can’t imagine what they use in a week.
no, he explained why there can be no diesel shortage. biden cant sit on his yacht and try to use our military to start fights with the world while eating lobster if there's no diesel. I don't actually know if biden has a yacht but most rich people do so. lol the reason everything is so expensive is simply GREED.
right both why it’s so expensive and why there is no shortage. Just creating panic and then you get panic buyers. Not saying we aren’t in bad shape, but I don’t think there is a shortage. But who am I!

49ereric

WKR
Soon as the price of diesel goes up more suddenly refineries will make more.
diesel demand never fell during the covid shut down period but production did fall. Production of fuels is up over last year @1million barrels/day but diesel demand is up as well.

AnnualRye

Lil-Rokslider
Diesel went down by $0.18 today where I live. Am I concerned that we are going to run out? No, and my diesel pick up is my daily driver. I also don't watch pandering, fear-mongering news outlets either, so I'm sure that has something to do with my general lack of worry.

AnnualRye

Lil-Rokslider
^So, not cnn or npr?

No.

Perspective, facts and common sense go a long way when consuming media and considering the source and motivations for what they are telling you. Fox, Newsmax, CNN, MSNBC, etc. Doesn't matter, same rules should apply. And I certainly wouldn't take the opinion piece of a talk show pundit's rantings and ravings on the matter, in their attempt to whip up fervor ahead of midterm elections, as gospel either.

Here's a different perspective on it if you're interested: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-not-going-to-run-out-of-diesel-fuel-fact-check/