Diesel Shortage - Anyone Worried?

I’m to the point now bring it. Shut down the entire US. Tell the Rail road unions and their idiotic attendance polices wants to go a hug a rope.

Deisel, f it. Let it run out because EPA won’t permit or makes refinery permitting essentially impossible.

Continue letting the EPA attack Permian basin, slowing and eliminate any growth. Might as well just take the gloves off EPA and let them shut down all oil and gas production, that’s what the progressives want anyways

Let America stand still. We get what we get by allowing the media to persuade idiots to elect current administration and its BS polices that are counter to the security of a free nation.

‘I’m watching a piece of ground I love get bulldozed to nothingness. 6.4k acres. 10 sq miles of habitat turned into an environmentally friendly sea of solar panel with carrying capacity of zero for anything out side a grasshopper, and depending on herbicide usage. Plan is double that also. 20 miles of solar panels…. Sounds environmentally friendly

4rcgoat

WKR
I’m to the point now bring it. Shut down the entire US. Tell the Rail road unions and their idiotic attendance polices wants to go a hug a rope.

Deisel, f it. Let it run out because EPA won’t permit or makes refinery permitting essentially impossible.

Continue letting the EPA attack Permian basin, slowing and eliminate any growth. Might as well just take the gloves off EPA and let them shut down all oil and gas production, that’s what the progressives want anyways

Let America stand still. We get what we get by allowing the media to persuade idiots to elect current administration and its BS polices that are counter to the security of a free nation.

‘I’m watching a piece of ground I love get bulldozed to nothingness. 6.4k acres. 10 sq miles of habitat turned into an environmentally friendly sea of solar panel with carrying capacity of zero for anything out side a grasshopper, and depending on herbicide usage. Plan is double that also. 20 miles of solar panels…. Sounds environmentally friendly
I'm with you on this one

woods89

WKR
It's not your personal vehicle you need to worry about, it's the entirety of the economy that moves on diesel.
Yeah, that is absolutely true. I'm in construction so most of my materials get here with diesel.

Possibly I'm still reveling in paying $1.50 a gallon less at every fill up, lol.

Dalton138

FNG
I'm very excited for EV to become more common. Will they be useful in all situations, of course not. Will they be a much better option for the vast majority of miles driven in the US, I think they absolutely will. This will reduce demand for oil/gas/diesel and the price will drop. This reduces expense for those vehicles that need to remain gas/diesel powered. Win, win, win.

I don't understand the resistance to EV unless you make a living from oil/gas and it's a threat to your income. It seems like cultural/tribal group think fear mongering BS.

The tech is becoming better and better as the market moves towards EV and will continue to improve. There are certainly problems and concerns, just like there are/were with ICE, but I have confidence in our collective ability to engineer a solution.

It's obvious that we are being manipulated by big Oil. They're posting record profits while energy prices are the biggest part of inflation which is affecting us all. I'd like to raise a big middle finger by driving my solar powered EV 90% of the time and buying $2/gallon diesel for my big/long distance vehicle when it's needed.
Until you have to replace the batteries in it, for a price that you could have bought a new gas powered car.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Until you have to replace the batteries in it, for a price that you could have bought a new gas powered car.
My wife recently was in the market for a hybrid. She saw those high mpg figures and was drawn to them like a moth to the light. So then I had "her" do the research for real world numbers. The real world numbers were quite a bit lower, especially in the cold, the mountains, all highway driving, etc. Then you throw in the cost of replacing the battery, and the equation versus the gas model looks completely different. She bought the gas model.

Mosby

WKR
I was in SD hunting recently. Went to fill up my truck in the morning and the station was out of diesel. Went to another station and realized they had increased the price per gallon by $.55 overnight. I expect to see more of that.

hunterjmj

WKR
Don't have a diesel but everything around me runs on it. At this point I'm not real concerned but the push for ev's and shutting down fossil fuels is real and that is concerning.
For the people who drive them, good for you, you get a gold star. For the people who think we all need them, fu. I like my gassers, I like the sound they make and I like that I can drive wherever I want when I want.
I've come to almost despise ev vehicles because it's being pushed so much by the woke. I'll stick with good ol fossil fuels. My next pickup will be a 70's Chevy or Ford 3/4 ton. I enjoy working on them and they are just nicer to look at than what they make today. If you drive ev's because you think you're saving the planet then your head is in the sand.

Yoder

WKR

Sounds like a great place to sight in rifles when they finish.

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
Just in time delivery system and it’s goods are gonna sky rocket in price

I drive a diesel truck for construction work and it’s gonna hurt but the price rises on all goods in the nation is gonna be the thing everyone notices

Spike elk

WKR
Turns out going green is about money and not the environment. The green movement is green on government money. EVs are not yet practical or sustainable for the masses or cold climates. AND they are largely powered by fossil fuels and will be for the foreseeable future. All of this is not sustainable. Just look at CA for example. They had to ration charging EVs in September because there was not enough juice in the grid. (Which is not green) There is also the discussion about the minerals ,metals ,mining, China, child labor,, and all that is involved in just making an EV battery that weighs 1,000 to nearly 3,000 lbs.

11boo

WKR
Just in time delivery system and it’s goods are gonna sky rocket in price

I drive a diesel truck for construction work and it’s gonna hurt but the price rises on all goods in the nation is gonna be the thing everyone notices

This country literally runs on diesel. It is going to hurt everyone, but the poor will get hit the worst.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Turns out going green is about money and not the environment. The green movement is green on government money. EVs are not yet practical or sustainable for the masses or cold climates. AND they are largely powered by fossil fuels and will be for the foreseeable future. All of this is not sustainable. Just look at CA for example. They had to ration charging EVs in September because there was not enough juice in the grid. (Which is not green) There is also the discussion about the minerals ,metals ,mining, China, child labor,, and all that is involved in just making an EV battery that weighs 1,000 to nearly 3,000 lbs.
500,000 lbs of mined raw materials to make a single EV battery. EVs aren't zero emissions, you just shift the emissions somewhere else

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
I live in PA with oil heat as my back up. Primary heat is with a pellet stove. I get one oil delivery a year. Got it last week, 161 gallons at $5.95 a gallon. I am price protected at $5.49.

mmatt3

FNG
500,000 lbs of mined raw materials to make a single EV battery. EVs aren't zero emissions, you just shift the emissions somewhere else
Insane! I haven't seen anyone talking about Teslas mentioning that!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
"Build Back Better" What a crock of sh!t........Nothing can be built without fossil fuels.
The first time I heard his slogan I said "more like Tear Down Faster".

People don't realize how long the negative effects carry on and on and on from bad policies. The effects from just the last 22.5 months is going to be with us for a very long time.