Diesel Shortage - Anyone Worried?

FLATHEAD

WKR
Went grocery shopping with the wife today.
Prices are through the roof on everything.
10$ for 11oz. of Pistacchios!! - Had to pass on them.
Eggs; 6$ for 18 eggs. Need to get back raising chickens.
6$ for a small jar of Smuckers Jelly.
Cant imagine where we're headed.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Went grocery shopping with the wife today.
Prices are through the roof on everything.
My wife and I were just talking about this. We've looked at everything we buy on a regular basis, and the minimum we've seen for inflation on these products year over year was 30%. Most items are 50%+, and some are 100%+ from a year ago. If we're at only 8-9% year over year combined, then there must be a heck of a lot of items included in those calculations on the zero end, that we never use.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You think the urban east coast billionaire Trump is worried about the price of diesel?
You have to understand that Trump was and is not a politician. All he tried to do was what was best for the nation as a whole, and that showed in what he was trying to get done. Ya, the guy is a huge narcissist, and he gloated in any and all positive steps that came to every citizen.......and took credit for those. I'd rather have a narcissist for a President, that actually enjoys doing what's best for the nation.......even if it is for his own ego. He can take all the credit.......just so it's what's best for the nation as a whole.

You have to understand that Trump was and is not a politician. All he tried to do was what was best for the nation as a whole, and that showed in what he was trying to get done. Ya, the guy is a huge narcissist, and he gloated in any and all positive steps that came to every citizen.......and took credit for those. I'd rather have a narcissist for a President, that actually enjoys doing what's best for the nation.......even if it is for his own ego. He can take all the credit.......just so it's what's best for the nation as a whole.
I don't care if you do or don't like him.

But if you think his personal concerns and worries are anything like your's... Or that he's giving up his money for your benefit...

11boo

WKR

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
But if you think his personal concerns and worries are anything like your's...
Actually, that's one of the reasons he even ran for President. He's a businessman......he saw how badly this country was being run and knew that he could do a better job. So his concerns actually are a lot like mine. I care more about the health and condition of our nation, and preserving its foundation.......than my own. Anyone that isn't a politician that actually wants that job.......is a glutton for punishment though.

Mosby

WKR
Traded my diesel truck in on a gas truck last week, so nope......
I might be doing the same thing by next year. I am going to see how this election turns out and get through this winter and next fall and switch back to a gas truck this time next year.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
My friends who have owned or do own diesels brag about them lasting 500,000 miles. I just say that's great but the rest of the truck falls apart around the engine. And from what I hear, repairs and upkeep are expensive, more so than gas engines. Never owned one so, I don't have any first hand experience concerning that.

Super tag

WKR
Diesel fuel isn’t going away, it may be in shorter supply but if it gets real bad and starts affecting everything else, i hate to think about what will happen from there, and if that truly does happen it isn’t going to matter what type of fuel you use, you’ll feel the affects.

I wont be selling my diesel, I’ll gamble and ride it out.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
China gets 70% of its energy from coal and they have zero interest in changing that, they can't. Many of the other countries in the world also use coal as their many source of energy. Our reduction of coal mining and use for energy will amount to very little in reducing world pollution. kind of like pissing in the ocean.

woods89

WKR
I might be doing the same thing by next year. I am going to see how this election turns out and get through this winter and next fall and switch back to a gas truck this time next year.
I traded a 7.3 Powerstroke diesel in on a '22 model 7.3 gas F-250. Same torque, almost double the horsepower. So far mileage is just under 13.5 for local driving.

No regrets so far, but I haven't had it very long, yet.

Shraggs

WKR
I blame people who identify more as a Political Party member than an American citizen. Whiplash policy making (or inability to craft logical policy) is driving many countries into the dirt.

Social media had really fueled this. Brazil, France, UK, etc. Not just the USA.
Yep and there In lyes the truth and what a coordinated stealth worldwide effort is underfoot.

All of this (ie “policies”) is a means to an end. Of freedom.

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
I traded a 7.3 Powerstroke diesel in on a '22 model 7.3 gas F-250. Same torque, almost double the horsepower. So far mileage is just under 13.5 for local driving.

No regrets so far, but I haven't had it very long, yet.
Still driving my 1996 7.3 but it scares me leaving it at trailheads in the winter. If I switch to gas it will be for the more reliable cold weather starting.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04