CPW Commission is proposing ALL DRAW for elk

cnelk

WKR
During the recent CPW Commission meeting [yesterday] , it was proposed to go ALL DRAW for elk - prior to the next BGSS [by 2024]

Below is the Youtube video of the meeting - to save yourself some time, go to the 2:00:00 time and listen/watch for 30 mins - there are public commenters later in the video if you wish to listen/watch

They also discuss making DAU E16 [Grand Mesa] to go all draw

Enjoy

I say, the Commish better get off their ass and get on it.
Quit piece mealing a few units to draw each year.

Either do it or dont.
So the OTC bottleneck effect will still be in place for for this year's archery season and then will likely carry over to the OTC rifle seasons once people figure out that they missed the draw or don't want to lose their preference points. I agree, this needs to be done all at once for both Archery and Rifle OTC seasons or people will just keep stacking up in whatever over the counter hunts that remain available.

Northpark

WKR
I doubt the CPW will make Rifle Elk All Draw - only archery.

And that makes ZERO sense
I doubt they would do both as well. That would be my preference though. Don’t live there anymore but spent 10 years there up until 2020 and saw the change from when I started elk hunting to what it looked like when I left and think they need to go 100% draw for everything.