Conceal carry

11boo

WKR
It's not gambling at all. Extremely low probability you will ever need it.

I rarely carry. I can't take it into work. I don't want to leave a gun in my truck. That leaves few opportunities.
Very low probability.
Like my vehicle insurance. No claims for 23 years, but I keep it up.

Good call though, understanding that guns stolen from vehicles are a major source of shitbirds getting a gun. If I had to leave my handgun in my truck, I wouldn’t take it from the house.

All that said, if one chooses to carry, do yourself a favor and train. You can do the class thing, or you can hopefully have a place where you can practice drawing from concealed and putting a couple shots on target. Repeatedly. Do it again, and again.
Absolutely nothing wrong with practicing with an EMPTY gun in your home. It builds good muscle memory. Your hands will know exactly how to clear a covering garment and pull the pistol and see the front sight. I won’t dwell on the empty part. Plenty of mirrors and televisions have met their demise facing an unloaded gun.

You still need the range time, and more than 50 shots a year.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Always one in the vehicle. Where I live now, I rarely carry one on my belt. When I lived in a shitty city down south I carried any time I wasn't at work. Additionally, I have enough pistols loaded and stashed around my house, I don't bother wearing a gun at home. Back in the city, maybe 15 years ago, there were a lot of home invasions going on as the quality of the people in the neiborhood declined due to the 2008 situation. I was poor then and only had one pistol. I kept it near me most all of the time for a few years and ALWAYS had it on my belt when I got home from work and went into my house.

Looking back, I should have moved sooner but it just didn't seem like an option then.

Sounds like you need a safe in the truck. Then you can throw it on whenever you leave work. The more you carry the more likely you’ll have it when you need it.

IdahoBeav

WKR
Usually, the only time it's not physically on me is at work and at home, but it and other firearms are easily accessible at both of those places. Other than that, the only time it's not on me is if I am going to an event with security pat-down and/or a metal detector.

Always have 1 in the truck normally have it on me in town. I always figure better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it
Same, I can't in our branches either but lock one in a truck safe and carry almost 100% when I'm not at home or work.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

bummer7580

Lil-Rokslider
Was looking at conceal carry . Those of you that carry how often do you actually have a weapon on you ? I look at day to day activities and I'm at work most of the time. Cannot have weapon at work . Curious if many guys can carry at your place of employment ? Otherwise if leaving work to run errands probably wouldnt have it then . The reality is, would mainly carry weekends if out and about or traveling and thats it.
I carry a lot more after my wife and I were held up in Rockford Ill. We were traveling home from Fl. and in a dark restaurant parking lot at 9:00 in the evening when the guy tried to get our money. I about chit tacks and pretended to have a pistol in my jacket pocket causing him to back away. From that time on I do have a pistol on me. Illinois probably doesn't like that I have a pistol on me but tough. When the guy demanded our money my wife jumped in the car and locked the doors locking me out, told me she knew I would want her out of the way. Hmmm

SO4Runner

FNG
I carry a lot more after my wife and I were held up in Rockford Ill. We were traveling home from Fl. and in a dark restaurant parking lot at 9:00 in the evening when the guy tried to get our money. I about chit tacks and pretended to have a pistol in my jacket pocket causing him to back away. From that time on I do have a pistol on me. Illinois probably doesn't like that I have a pistol on me but tough. When the guy demanded our money my wife jumped in the car and locked the doors locking me out, told me she knew I would want her out of the way. Hmmm
Interesting story thanks for sharing

sndmn11

WKR
Everywhere except the gym and while hunting. Trips get the patrol rifle, chest rig, and several spare mags.

I worked LE long enough to know unequivocally that bad things happen in about a dozen seconds. Far shorter time than any on duty LE person present can figure out what is happening and who is a threat needing engaged. Fight to get my family and myself clear, and then be a good reporting witness is the goal.

Always.

A couple of years ago I came upon a older man "allegedly" chasing a young woman in the woods while riding my dirt bike. She was literally terrified and said he was chasing her both on foot off trail and in the car when she was on the road. I held him until the police arrived.

I carry to enforce my constitutional right but also consider it a tool, like my pocket knife. It was a useful tool that day and made for a very easy resolution to what might have been a great deal more involved.

Last edited:

SO4Runner

FNG
Always.

A couple of years ago I came upon a older man chasing a young woman in the woods while riding my dirt bike. She was literally terrified. I held him until the police arrived.

I carry to enforce my constitutional right but also consider it a tool, like my pocket knife. It was a useful tool that day and made for a very easy resolution to what might have been a great deal more involved.
ever wonder what you would have done if you weren’t carrying?

I carried for a long time. Let my CCW expire and have never carried since. Always have one in my vehicle when traveling, camping, or at camp somewhere while hunting.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Used to carry 100% of waking hours during college.

Still carry everywhere--but now with the exception of work or commute. Every workplace is different. I have zero need for a gun at mine; and zero desire to get fired

flathead#2

Lil-Rokslider
Prolly gonna have to go to Cali to work for a few weeks in the next few months.
Cali doesnt recognize my state's CC license.
Putting me in a tight spot.

Something a lot of people dont think about and I see it everyday.
Take your stickers off your trucks.Its cool to promote our toys but that’s the first window a smart theif is nocking out wondering a parking lot.Especially at a ball game parking lot etc.

I basically carry or have it in arms reach 24/7, unless im going somewhere with metal detectors where they are prohibited. Its not an issue with my line of work to carry and i live in a large city, if i was rural id probably just open carry or leave it at home if i felt it was unnecessary

Something a lot of people dont think about and I see it everyday.
Take your stickers off your trucks.Its cool to promote our toys but that’s the first window a smart theif is nocking out wondering a parking lot.Especially at a ball game parking lot etc.
Seriously. Here in oregon this oregunian sticker is popular, i think its silly to announce there may be a gun in the vehicle. I dont want random people to know i carry or have guns