Coffee While Hunting

tdhanses

WKR
After drinking coffee for 40+ years, I made the switch to tea.

The health benefits of tea outweigh coffee by a long shot.
Tea is also fantastic at hydrating the body and replenishing your fluid intake.

Yeah but coffee tastes so much better.

One other thing I do, but not on the hill. I travel a lot for work. Most hotels have little pouches in the rooms for those little coffee makers. Those pouches come home with me if I don't use them there. Throw them in a pot of hot water and they'll brew right up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gumbo

WKR
I use the starbucks packets because they are quick and easy. I LOVE good coffee but will sacrifice quality for convenience. I'm there to hunt, not be a coffee snob.

Azone

WKR
The Folgers coffee tea bags work pretty good. If you need an extra kick throw two bags in and if your running on little or no sleep do three bags. Using three bags is about like drinking mud and taste awful but it will definitely get you going quick.

I do via because it is the best tasting instant coffee to me. I use my jet boil. I carry a hydro flask to keep it warm and Indio away while I glass. Replenish when empty. I’m not stuck in via, just what I use right now.

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Sea To Summit X Brew. It's a silicone packable pour over cone. Not the lightest thing to add, but good coffee is one of my only comfort items and I enjoy the process of making a pour over.

KayLee

FNG
I used to drink Starbucks instant coffee until I found the Darktimber Coffee ascent packs. I was surprised by how good they tasted for being basically coffee grounds in a tea bag. I've been wanting to try the Black Rifle coffee as well. I use my MSR Pocket Rocket 2 and a cheap Stanley cup.

OP
lyle_destroys

Rokwiia

WKR

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider
Vias and french press for my jet boil. Only downside of the french press is cleanup. But if I have time for the press, I usually have time for cleanup.

robtattoo

WKR
It's a little heavy at 8½oz, but it's a luxury worth carrying, for me. Probably wouldn't backpack it 20 miles into Alaska, but I'm unlikely to do that anyway!

It uses K-cups or the reusable jobs & works kinda like an aeropress.
356e601ad5393a8d633fd13e0e271d06.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I think that coffee has been one of the more seriously discussed threads I've saw on here. This is my system and it is pretty slick...IMO. I can't bring myself to buy the starbucks stuff. To expensive for disposable goods.
5241d5b9fe267f8b365bd3458583dd58.jpg
e299f04467fff639b357fb4a626231d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

MidwestElkHutner

Lil-Rokslider
If I am truck camping, I use my jetboil with the coffee press for a cup at camp (takes literally a few minutes to make) and pack it in for a midday warm cup. I've found it makes a nice cup of coffee quickly and the weight in day pack is worth it for the boost in attitude with a warm cup of coffe midday. If going in for a couple days, will use vias. But, I always have the jetboil and press back at the truck for a real cup of coffee when I get back there.

OP
lyle_destroys
If I am truck camping, I use my jetboil with the coffee press for a cup at camp (takes literally a few minutes to make) and pack it in for a midday warm cup. I've found it makes a nice cup of coffee quickly and the weight in day pack is worth it for the boost in attitude with a warm cup of coffe midday. If going in for a couple days, will use vias. But, I always have the jetboil and press back at the truck for a real cup of coffee when I get back there.
I think most of what Im going to be doing is truck camping. Sure would be nice to have a few more comforts back at tye truck

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk