Coffee While Hunting

So if I dont drink coffee I will literally die, ok maybe not but Im not going to test it to find out. Anyhow, what does everyone do for coffe both around camp and out hunting during the day or backpacking?
Im trying to weigh my options between percolator or coffee press at camp. Then take a heavy thermos with me during the day or to take a jetboil and instant coffee while out. What works for everybody else?

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

matthewmt

WKR
I want to try the black rifle coffee instant packeta, but Starbucks doesn't do it for me. I usually will try 2-3 servings to get a coffee taste out of the deal but always come up short. Ive had coffee from the jetboil coffee press system and it is substantially better but you also have to take ground coffee with you wether thats an issue or not? If all I had was vias I'd drink it and I have quite a bit of it but find it hard to drink personally. Maybe I should take some mocha or something to add to it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
lyle_destroys
I want to try the black rifle coffee instant packeta, but Starbucks doesn't do it for me. I usually will try 2-3 servings to get a coffee taste out of the deal but always come up short. Ive had coffee from the jetboil coffee press system and it is substantially better but you also have to take ground coffee with you wether thats an issue or not? If all I had was vias I'd drink it and I have quite a bit of it but find it hard to drink personally. Maybe I should take some mocha or something to add to it.

I was looking at the jetboil java deal earlier. Pretty slick setup. I dont have any problem carrying some small bags of ground coffee with me. The starbucks stuff looks like MRE instant coffee to me, and its sucky.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was very unimpressed with instant coffee do I searched for an alternative. That brought me to dark timber coffee and in particular the ascent packets. They are great tasting and I liked the G4 over the Columbia flavor for what is worth but both were substantially better than Starbucks vias. I would try it out if you are seeking a better alternative.

OP
lyle_destroys
I was very unimpressed with instant coffee do I searched for an alternative. That brought me to dark timber coffee and in particular the ascent packets. They are great tasting and I liked the G4 over the Columbia flavor for what is worth but both were substantially better than Starbucks vias. I would try it out if you are seeking a better alternative.
They seem like they have values similar to ours. Thats a point for them in my book. I may give it a try.

Drop Bear

FNG
I do what i call cowboy coffee. Boil water in pot, dump in coffee grounds, turn power off, wait 30 seconds or so for grounds to settle, either add power milk and stir of if you are feeling fancy, slowly pour into cup leaving the grounds settled and add power milk there. Does it for me and is fairly simple and you don't need to lug around any single use gizmos or wrappers.

matthewmt

WKR
I was looking at the jetboil java deal earlier. Pretty slick setup. I dont have any problem carrying some small bags of ground coffee with me. The starbucks stuff looks like MRE instant coffee to me, and its sucky.

It has a weird taste to me for sure, and I have to have coffee in the am especially but I find it hard to sit around and drink coffee in the morning before a hunt and not just eat and go. As of lately I've been more inclined to have a coffee break late morning or early afternoon which sounds crazy I know! Having hot granola with powdered milk for lunch or breakfast I'll make sure to add a little extra water and pour the milk in the vias and that makes it tolerable.

The press is slick. It's weight too if that's an issue. I imagine fresh ground coffee wouldn't be bad to pack in the right bag etc either.
Starbucks is almost always on sale at Costco, 2-13 count boxes for 8$ I believe.

efnm

WKR
Via for me, too. I tried the black rifle coffee and was really unimpressed even though I was hopeful.

rayporter

WKR
I throw a fuel tab under this and make coffee every day when out-steel is 9 oz.
Dc4Ailx.jpg

cnelk

WKR
After drinking coffee for 40+ years, I made the switch to tea.

The health benefits of tea outweigh coffee by a long shot.
Tea is also fantastic at hydrating the body and replenishing your fluid intake.

I do all sorts. First, I'm not a coffee connoisseur.

Sometimes I just pour cold coffee in a water bottle. I also have some cold press pods that mix with water.

But, my coffee is cold in the field either way you slice it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
lyle_destroys
I do all sorts. First, I'm not a coffee connoisseur.

Sometimes I just pour cold coffee in a water bottle. I also have some cold press pods that mix with water.

But, my coffee is cold in the field either way you slice it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Cold coffee is better than no coffee.
I still have a couple cases of MREs. I think I may just use the meal heaters out of them for heating my coffee. Weight almost nothing and use next to no water to heat.

jfone

FNG
Via here as well! For what it's worth, the Stanley Vacuum mug is awesome in the sticks. It shocks me how warm it keeps coffee to freezing temps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk