Co Senate Panel Rejects Polis..

UncleBone

WKR
Wow Gary Skiba is Aldo leupold reincarnate?! I never knew that? Dude is drinking a little too much of his own bath water… we will regret losing such an ally? Oh please Gary… lifelong hunter who couldn’t answer when he last held a hunting license?
He so full of shit it is seeping out of his fingers as he types.

Wow Gary Skiba is Aldo leupold reincarnate?! I never knew that? Dude is drinking a little too much of his own bath water… we will regret losing such an ally? Oh please Gary… lifelong hunter who couldn’t answer when he last held a hunting license?
He is just throwing a tantrum. Plenty of hunting advocates who value all wildlife and understand trends. Patt Dorsey is one, hopefully Gov will actually listen to hunters and appoint her. Total hit job on the hunting and angling community. “Changing views on wildlife” is the rallying cry for every anti-hunting org out there.

I heard back from one. He let me know his district (in the Denver area) overwhelmingly let him know they wanted Bealieu confirmed. I guess it makes sense to vote with your constituents, even if it is against the Ag committee recommendation. Gotta keep the voters happy…

Hnthrdr

WKR
I heard back from one. He let me know his district (in the Denver area) overwhelmingly let him know they wanted Bealieu confirmed. I guess it makes sense to vote with your constituents, even if it is against the Ag committee recommendation. Gotta keep the voters happy…
Should have told him it was fake AI accounts sending him emails ;)

UncleBone

WKR
He is just throwing a tantrum. Plenty of hunting advocates who value all wildlife and understand trends. Patt Dorsey is one, hopefully Gov will actually listen to hunters and appoint her. Total hit job on the hunting and angling community. “Changing views on wildlife” is the rallying cry for every anti-hunting org out there.
Not Pat Dorsey the fly tying king?

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
This article is an attack on the hunting community and is being used as a rally cry to out us as "uneducated hicks". The reality is most of the people against us don't know why they are against us and are told to think that way.

The older I get the more draining it is to realize 95% of the population are braindead and manipulated so easily. Some comments.

"Like most issues today, the contentiousness really boils down to group identity. So much of the opposition to wolves, in their own words, is about "those dumb city folks" or "I'm not like the other city folks." Ruralites, who have had the good press of being "hardy" for a few decades, now pretending to cower in fear of 15 wolves. Give me a break. Hunters, who harvest 50,000 Elk a year, pretending that wolves are gonna wipe them out. I don't think they even believe these justifications themselves. Just post-hoc rationale for trying to position themselves against a group they actively try to dislike"

"Once again, a handful of uninformed hillbillies are ruining things for everyone. I liked the world better when these morons didn't have the Internet or any other easy connections to the world beyond their ranch so the rest of us didn't have to suffer their stupidity as much."

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This article is an attack on the hunting community and is being used as a rally cry to out us as "uneducated hicks". The reality is most of the people against us don't know why they are against us and are told to think that way.

Even if they/we are uneducated hicks, this guy is supposed to be the representative of said group explicitly so like it or not you need to be in alignment with the group you represent which he utterly failed to do hence this is completely on him and his tears and lack of personal responsibility in his own failure is pathetic.

If the Gov nominated him to represent the prairie dog lovers of Boulder group then we wouldn't really have a say as that isn't our group and perhaps his whining would have some merit instead of a deflection.

Email sent. Copied below if anyone wants to tweak it for their senators as well.

Hello Senator Michaelson Jenet,

I hope my message finds you well. I had sent the previous email below and left a voicemail with your office requesting you vote not to confirm Jess Bealieu and Jack Murphy to the CPW commission board.

I saw in the record that you voted to confirm both nominees. I would appreciate an explanation as to why you voted to confirm Ms. Beaulieu against the recommendation of the bipartisan Senate Agriculture committee. Is there any insight to your decision making you can share? My wife and I are both avid sports persons and are disappointed that our elected representative did not share our concerns for these nominees that do not possess the proper qualifications for their appointment.

Regards,
I just received a response from my senator, so I figured I'd share with the group. She didn't answer why she deviated from the recommendation of the senate ag committee other than stating that the commission must consider "the variety of voices in the outdoor recreation community". I guess she can't send an email that blatantly said she needed to toe the party line, but that's my interpretation.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the Senate’s recent confirmation of appointments to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission (CPWC).

The CPWC oversees policy relating to our state parks and wildlife agency and creates regulations to manage wildlife and lands. It is an eleven member commission that includes a diversity of lived experiences and geographic representation. The Commission is required to include three members who represent hunters and anglers and three members representing outdoor recreation and parks. Additionally, a minimum of four commissioners must be from west of the Continental Divide.

Coloradans enjoy our 42 state parks through many different outdoor recreation activities including, hunting, fishing, hiking, and biking. The Commission is tasked with oversight responsibilities that impact each of these uses and it must consider the variety of voices in the outdoor recreation community. The diverse makeup of commissioners reflects this charge and the CPWC is committed to incorporating feedback from Coloradans into their decision-making processes. I am confident that the CPWC will continue to act in the best interests of our state’s parks and wildlife, working hard to preserve these precious resources that make Colorado the best state to live in.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me regarding this. As your State Senator, I am committed to hearing your feedback when we consider appointments to the many boards and commissions that help Colorado run, and though we may disagree, I appreciate hearing your perspective.

Sincerely,

I just received a response from my senator, so I figured I'd share with the group. She didn't answer why she deviated from the recommendation of the senate ag committee other than stating that the commission must consider "the variety of voices in the outdoor recreation community". I guess she can't send an email that blatantly said she needed to toe the party line, but that's my interpretation.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the Senate’s recent confirmation of appointments to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission (CPWC).

The CPWC oversees policy relating to our state parks and wildlife agency and creates regulations to manage wildlife and lands. It is an eleven member commission that includes a diversity of lived experiences and geographic representation. The Commission is required to include three members who represent hunters and anglers and three members representing outdoor recreation and parks. Additionally, a minimum of four commissioners must be from west of the Continental Divide.

Coloradans enjoy our 42 state parks through many different outdoor recreation activities including, hunting, fishing, hiking, and biking. The Commission is tasked with oversight responsibilities that impact each of these uses and it must consider the variety of voices in the outdoor recreation community. The diverse makeup of commissioners reflects this charge and the CPWC is committed to incorporating feedback from Coloradans into their decision-making processes. I am confident that the CPWC will continue to act in the best interests of our state’s parks and wildlife, working hard to preserve these precious resources that make Colorado the best state to live in.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me regarding this. As your State Senator, I am committed to hearing your feedback when we consider appointments to the many boards and commissions that help Colorado run, and though we may disagree, I appreciate hearing your perspective.

Sincerely,
I received the same email. I also asked why she voted against the ag recommendation and agree that she didn’t answer the question.

Pretty good coverage of the CPW Commissioner debacle.