Co Senate Panel Rejects Polis..

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm wanting to see the final vote transcript because I'm unsure of who the excused vote is before I fire at my senator (we was one of 6 originally not there, not sure if he showed later or not). But great idea on showing support to the D's that voted for the people over party.

Did anyone make any sense of that comment after the vote about Skiba, something about layover until May 9? Last I heard he withdrew so was surprised that they even brought his name up.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Did anyone make any sense of that comment after the vote about Skiba, something about layover until May 9? Last I heard he withdrew so was surprised that they even brought his name up.
I presume it was more in reference to the position he'd fill, IE they need to find a new nominee for that position and will then eventually vote on it. There is a chance he un-removes himself too I suppose, we'll have to keep an eye on the matter to make sure they don't sneak him in later.

This wasn't the last chance this week to get your voice heard in CO. There are a lot of big ticket items on the commission meeting Agenda Wed & Thurs. I plan to be called in all day on Thursday and as much as I can on Wed. It was moved to completely virtual due to weather so there is still time (by 4PM MT today) to put a request in to public comment. https://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/CommissionMeeting2024-3-13.aspx
We need hunters to call out the hypocrisy and violation of statute of this appointment during the commission meeting. Beaulieu doesn’t meet the statutory requirements and was dishonest/deceptive during committee testimony.

OP
ColoradoV

ColoradoV

WKR
When I saw what was going to happen yesterday about 10 I went skiing in the backcountry no need to listen as I knew the outcome.

Sibka threw a fit like a child and withdrew but they will figure a way to get him back on as well..

Going to be more L’s than W’s in Colo til there is a new gov…….

Disappointed that my state senator was one of the confirmation votes after a HOWL email, personalized email, and call to her office. She just lost 2 votes in her district from myself and my spouse.

Jethro

WKR
When I saw what was going to happen yesterday about 10 I went skiing in the backcountry no need to listen as I knew the outcome.

Sibka threw a fit like a child and withdrew but they will figure a way to get him back on as well..

Going to be more L’s than W’s in Colo til there is a new gov…….
May go down as a loss for hunters, but you made some waves. That is something positive. Stick with it and get the cat hunt ballot initiative crushed. (y)

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Commission meetings are going on today and tomorrow and can be watched live on youtube.

Disappointed that my state senator was one of the confirmation votes after a HOWL email, personalized email, and call to her office. She just lost 2 votes in her district from myself and my spouse.
Make sure you reach out to her and let her know why. To completely ignore the bipartisan recommendation of the Senate Ag and Natural Resources committee deserves some type of explanation.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Make sure you reach out to her and let her know why. To completely ignore the bipartisan recommendation of the Senate Ag and Natural Resources committee deserves some type of explanation.
Yeah I followed up with mine, so far via email and haven't heard yet but its <24hrs. I will follow up with calls eventually if needed. I feel completely justified in asking for his reasoning for voting against the bipartisan AG recommendation, he is my representation and didn't vote in a manner I agree with nor do I see a rationale behind (aside from being a party lackey).

I think it would be a good idea for all of us to send an email asking for an explanation. Is there a list of the senators that supported this?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think it would be a good idea for all of us to send an email asking for an explanation. Is there a list of the senators that supported this?
Look at my post #71 in this thread. Bear in mind they still haven't released the journal from yesterday yet so there was one excused vote that I can't place for certain yet (I'll update the post when it can be confirmed). During the session they read off who voted against her nomination only.

Email sent. Copied below if anyone wants to tweak it for their senators as well.

Hello Senator Michaelson Jenet,

I hope my message finds you well. I had sent the previous email below and left a voicemail with your office requesting you vote not to confirm Jess Bealieu and Jack Murphy to the CPW commission board.

I saw in the record that you voted to confirm both nominees. I would appreciate an explanation as to why you voted to confirm Ms. Beaulieu against the recommendation of the bipartisan Senate Agriculture committee. Is there any insight to your decision making you can share? My wife and I are both avid sports persons and are disappointed that our elected representative did not share our concerns for these nominees that do not possess the proper qualifications for their appointment.

Regards,

Hnthrdr

WKR
Great call I sent an email to a rep that crossed party lines and I received one back, if nothing else this was a great showing, I think it is a good sign for the future, we are a passionate group and probably not the ones you want to get politically active, now we are forced to. I think they will regret their decision.

I have yet to receive a response from her office to my previous emails or voicemail so I don’t hold high hopes for a response. At least she knows she lost a couple votes in her district and will be in the back of her mind for the next vote.