CO Mountain Lion Ballot Initiative: Continuous Updates

To get everyone up to speed, the Colorado Secretary of State has certified that there are enough signature to move I-91 to the ballot this fall.

That means that the popular vote will decide if mountain lion and bobcat hunting will continue in Colorado. Just a couple of years ago a similar ballot initiative to require Colorado Parks and Wildlife to import and manage wolves passed by the narrow margin of 33,000 votes of 2 million.

Every vote will be needed.

What you can do right now:

DONATE to Coloradans for Responsible Wildlife Management. Simply put, this will not be won without the financial support of sportsmen.

WATCH Charles, President of HOWL for Wildlife, give an update.

SUBSCRIBE to this thread. We will be posting updates, actions, and anything else YOU need to help defeat I-91 in this thread.

SHARE this post, CRWM and HOWL links, and good information with anyone whose ear you can bend. Much has been said that is simply and factually incorrect (CPW doesn't have a position on this, populations are declining, etc.)

JOIN the pack. Colorado isn't the only state experiencing these types of attacks. It is an ongoing battle everywhere to protect hunting's heritage, access, and opportunities.

This is the rally cry for all sportsmen, regardless of where you live or if you hunt mountain lions or bobcats, to stop this anti-hunting effort.

Residents of CO are going to need to rally with $$, boots on the ground comms in their non-hunting friends 7 family, and huge voter turnout w/in the hunting and outdoor heritage community.

Non-residents... well the 1M or so people who have hunted CO in the last 10 years, or want to hunt CO in the next 10 years ALL need to send $100 to SAVETHEHUNTCOLORADO.com so that this war-chest is sufficiently stocked to WIN.

1000009706.jpg
CPW response to why they aren't being vocal on this issue. Can anyone confirm that CPW is in fact restricted from commenting on ballot initiative's? I don't understand why they aren't more vocal on the benefits hunting has on managing mountain lions. It seems like they are just going to sit back and see what happens in November.

View attachment 744660
CPW response to why they aren't being vocal on this issue. Can anyone confirm that CPW is in fact restricted from commenting on ballot initiative's? I don't understand why they aren't more vocal on the benefits hunting has on managing mountain lions. It seems like they are just going to sit back and see what happens in November.
this is true. happens in most states, unfortunately.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes they are gaged. They did issue this FAQ on lions previously to seemingly do what they could, share it far and wide with folks because they are clearly stating hunting lions is a-ok from a conservation standpoint.

Gotcha_

FNG
This is great for awareness. At the general level, What are some bullet point facts we can share to our networks other than emotional ones?

Yea I screen shot it earlier this summer before it got taken down. Or maybe it’s still up? But I couldn’t find it

We need big time education of the people in the cities that don’t know better.
100% yes... the "Colorado Wildlife Deserves Better" campaign committee will be deploying messaging, and advertising in the critical CO counties where non-hunters need to know that this ballot box biology is not good for wildlife, and not even good for mountain lions. SAVETHEHUNTCOLORADO donations go to the CWDB campaign.

COelk89

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder when CPW starts losing wardens. I may be a minority but I turned down a habitat biologist job earlier this year largely due to the huge pay cut I would have to take but also not wanting to try to step into the situation with landowners and wolves. Glad I did not take that job even though when I was in college I would have said it was my dream job.

signing off

Lil-Rokslider
It's unfortunate that biologist trained and working in the state cannot share their research and act as a resource to the people they are hired by. We are their paycheck.
"We have limited ways to manage wild game populations and the most cost effective, and effective period, is voluntary hunting and the fees associated "
SEE...is that too much to ask???

Humanmack

FNG
It's unfortunate that biologist trained and working in the state cannot share their research and act as a resource to the people they are hired by. We are their paycheck.
"We have limited ways to manage wild game populations and the most cost effective, and effective period, is voluntary hunting and the fees associated "
What, use real science. This is such a slippery slope and just the beginning. Well not really, we as hunters just need to be more aware and active. It is not someone else's problem, it is all of our problem.

IRH1997

FNG
There will always be people who when faced with facts still reject them because it doesn’t align with their emotions….