CO elk draw, what did you put in for?

UncleBone

WKR
Finally picked up a bow. Was planning on OTC in a unit I've hunted before, but it switched to draw this year. Not ready to burn points in that unit so I put in for second choice with a buddy from out of state. Not expecting to draw, but you never know since it's the first year for draw in that unit. Put in for archery deer for the same unit, and Rifle Pronghorn and sheep apps are in, points for everything else.
See you out there. ;)

I don't think I have seen any specific enough info on this thread that would cause anyone to look twice at a unit. Just because someone put in for a unit doesn't mean anyone is going to go, gee whiz, some guy on the internet posted he applied in unit XX, so I will go there. Newsflash, people apply for every unit. People shoot elk in every unit. People shoot big bulls in every unit. As long as you aren't specific to a part of a unit, I see no harm.
A couple of areas I've had success in are such a PIA to get into and out of that I could probably post up the coordinates without worrying about having too much competition. Not saying that there's not a lot of other serious hunters out there as I've had company in some really out of the way places, just saying that as most here know full well, an easy to draw, easy to hunt and retrieve game, public land unit is exceedingly rare, and I can't say I've come across one yet.