CO elk draw, what did you put in for?

Stevo

FNG
Applied for an archery elk hunt with 1 point less than needed last year, so not expecting to draw. Deer point, bear point. My dad should draw a muzzy deer and a 1st rifle bull elk tag, so just planning to go along with him.

Preference point, 2nd choice 41/42/421 archery.

Super stoked my home unit is limited now instead of OTC, though I’m guessing there will be 500+ leftover tags.

Last edited:
I applied for points for Pronghorn- they got hammered this year- major winter die-off in Colorado and parts of Wyoming.

I applied for points for Moose- because I have overlapping commitments.

I applied for Elk in XX unit to the north of noname canyon.

I applied for Sheep and Goat with no expectations of drawing given the huge influx of resident and non-resident applicants that are now at 3+1 + given that tag fees were no longer required up front as of a few years ago. Better odds in raffle tickets...

Good luck to all!

First rifle Season GMU 28/37. Just trying to draw a tag with 0 points and hopefully avoid some of the sea of blaze orange by going on a limited entry hunt.

Hnthrdr

WKR
First rifle Season GMU 28/37. Just trying to draw a tag with 0 points and hopefully avoid some of the sea of blaze orange by going on a limited entry hunt.
As someone very familiar with that area… there are elk and will definitely be a sea of orange 🍊 good luck 👍

As someone very familiar with that area… there are elk and will definitely be a sea of orange 🍊 good luck 👍
I spent years near there and there willl be orange almost everywhere. Once you get to a place with no orange, your heading in the right direction...