CO elk draw, what did you put in for?

PP for elk. Used 'em last year.

Early above timberline rifle for deer with 9pts. Hope they didn't all die this winter.

As someone very familiar with that area… there are elk and will definitely be a sea of orange 🍊 good luck 👍
Have done a couple of hunts in those units. Yes, there is some game and a lot of hunters. Found a lot of the elk were on private land by ML season. Obviously still some running around on the NF lands throughout all seasons, but, as per usual, gotta be willing to go where others aren't. Or, just get lucky and have some run by - have seen it happen on several occasions. Just be out there someplace all day with your rifle and anything can happen. Overall I'll hunt those units again. Certainly there's better units in CO, but we know our way around a few places there, so we'll be back when points and time off line up.

As far as posting your honey hole . . . I used to take a staunch stance on leaking info, but through the years I've had a couple of people be really free with good info on hunting and fishing, so I've taken a different stance. I've found that what comes around goes around. Sent a few acquaintances to a honey hole a few years ago. Through hunting there, they found a whole new area in the unit that is fantastic, and we took a nice bull there last year; wouldn't have had much luck without that area because our normal areas weren't holding much gane and or were full of hunters. Still not ready to post any of my favs online, just saying that there is some truth to you get what you give.

Had 3 points but the unit I’ve been wanting is starting to creep. Some hunting magazines are blowing it up. Last year took 5 and I bet it takes at least 6-7 this year. Decided to pick a different unit and go hunt this year. 🤞

Hnthrdr

WKR
Had 3 points but the unit I’ve been wanting is starting to creep. Some hunting magazines are blowing it up. Last year took 5 and I bet it takes at least 6-7 this year. Decided to pick a different unit and go hunt this year. 🤞
Don’t you just love that…

Don’t you just love that…
Love it when these App services help me when I’m lost on where to apply. It sucks when I’ve done the leg work to figure out the unit for it to get blown up. 🤷‍♂️ just have to pivot and move on I guess

Hnthrdr

WKR
Love it when these App services help me when I’m lost on where to apply. It sucks when I’ve done the leg work to figure out the unit for it to get blown up. 🤷‍♂️ just have to pivot and move on I guess
Shoot man, I wish we could put the cat back in the bag, paper NF maps and a compass, okay maybe a handheld gps. Lost several spots to On-X and huntin fool, but you are right have to suck it up and move on

lak2004

WKR
This thread and all like it need to be locked and deleted.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think I have seen any specific enough info on this thread that would cause anyone to look twice at a unit. Just because someone put in for a unit doesn't mean anyone is going to go, gee whiz, some guy on the internet posted he applied in unit XX, so I will go there. Newsflash, people apply for every unit. People shoot elk in every unit. People shoot big bulls in every unit. As long as you aren't specific to a part of a unit, I see no harm.

Finally picked up a bow. Was planning on OTC in a unit I've hunted before, but it switched to draw this year. Not ready to burn points in that unit so I put in for second choice with a buddy from out of state. Not expecting to draw, but you never know since it's the first year for draw in that unit. Put in for archery deer for the same unit, and Rifle Pronghorn and sheep apps are in, points for everything else.