Chaffing help?

If you're going to the yukon, get a pair of saxx merino underwear. super soft and you can wear multiple days if you rock wet wipes and then an anti-friction powder (corn starch or talcum).

A&D ointment. Its for diaper rash, works great. Nystatin works great if its fungal. medicated Gold bond will dry it out but it will burn some.... a good burn tho 🔥 put that on at night before bed and A&D in the AM. You'll be fine

Seriously bag balm is by far the best and so underated. I've tried a lot of the other ones and ways in the military and the only one that would stay on for the long haul and prevent chafing was bag balm. But ymmv

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have really like the exofficio boxer briefs from REI. That and a sent free powder will help. I have used the body glide with triathlons and that works really well for them so I would imagine it would help for hiking as well. I just have not tried that.

I think two toms anti chaffing is better than body glide. It holds up better under long periods of sweating. They sell it in individual wipes or roll on. The wipes are nice for light weight. One a day should work.

Log hog I’m down 30lbs ! My goal is 20 more by August or sooner these mountain tough workouts and eating clean with out alcohol it’s melting off quickly!
Thanks again to everyone for the help

Dogman - that is awesome! You will feel a big difference not just in your crotch but climbing! Keep up the good work.

Loghog

Gold Bond xtra strength body powder is what I use all year....the extra strength foot powder rocks also. I work in the heat and humidity here all summer...keep some in my truck for use as needed, use it after every shower and every morning when it gets hot. Prevention is where it is at, once it starts to bother you......your behind the 8 ball.

Chafed butt from Saxx?
Sounds like you're getting some bad butt saxx.
Might try using some lube next time

JL

When it’s hot out I’m getting chafed when I go 4-6 miles carrying my pack.
I thought I had the best underwear called Saxx but I’m getting the red ass.

Manscape. Moisture management. Desitin if you get chafing.

Find the manscaping thread. Worth it.

I would vote strongly against manscaping. I'm not sure if you have ever been cleanly shaven and then headed out for a 10 day hunt. Well...around day 5 or 6? You will regret your decision...if you think monkey butt is bad...just wait til you start moving around those sweaty parts with 5-6 days of stubble. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
I made that mistake back in my late teens early 20s when I thought manscaping was important.

Wool underwear and gold bond powder work perfectly fine.
Also keep a nice patch of friction reducing hair in the right spots.

Saxx suck...get a few sets of Merino wool from either Sitka or fist lite and a travel size of gold Bond...good to go

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I’ve had this problem all my life. Things I have found that work to prevent it:

-Johnson and Johnson baby powder or gold bond powder. Lightweight and equally effective. For some reason other brands have not worked as well.
-pure corn starch has never been as effective as the 2 above.
-gold bond friction stick or body glide. Don’t worry about the weight it’s worth it. I recommend using it over powders as it’s effectiveness does not go down the sweatier you get.
- if you still get the monkey butt if you put some hydrocortisone cream on at night you will be good to go my morning. It’s some magical s***t when it comes to chaffing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back