Bowtech/Elite review?

Would you like to see a review on (pick 1-2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheHammer

WKR
I haven't seen anything to make me relinquish my 2016 Impulse.
I agree with this! I’m still sporting my 2013hunter w/speed mods. I annually shoot all the flagships from elite, prime, pse, Hoyt and Mathews….The bows elite made after 2013, the answer, energy32&35, impulse & synergy (mine just stays in the basement), were all great, I could not justify the money for next to no gains, still currently in that belief, not just with elites but all bows. It’s when elite went to a split limb where I noticed that all their bows shot different and not in a good way. They don’t offer 80lb limbs anymore. I’ve emailed them Annually with no response. Was going to get a pse until seeing all the 80lb limb problems.

You'd have to define "worse" and nobody here can even figure out how to define a sammich.

From his meme ability I sense he has humor.

I can't be around anyone too long who is to serious. He might really suck at killing anything, can't pack anything, can't cook, thinks Leupold or Vortex are great products, but as long as I can make fun of him for those things, it will be fine.

I don't care if you like tacos, or sammiches. I'm a hot dog guy.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
From his meme ability I sense he has humor.

I can't be around anyone too long who is to serious. He might really suck at killing anything, can't pack anything, can't cook, thinks Leupold or Vortex are great products, but as long as I can make fun of him for those things, it will be fine.

I don't care if you like tacos, or sammiches. I'm a hot dog guy.
Are you calling him a hot dog or a taco?

Baller

FNG
Did you ever shoot an elite remedy? I had a similar experience with the remedy, I shot everything available at the time and I just felt like it was heat seeking. I didn’t want a bow that long or that slow but here I am still shooting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thus far I have not shot an Elite that tickled my fancy. The Omnia was ok just a little shorter than I like.

I shot the Elite Era, the Elite Omnia, and the Bowtech Carbon One last night. All at 28" DL. The Elite's at 70#, the Bowtech at 63#. Surprising to me, The Era was my pick of the three.

Somewhat of a speed guy, I was most interested in the Elite Omnia. It comes close to matching the specs of my beloved Bowtech Insanity, albeit in an a more "shootable" package. It certainly fits that bill and is a great choice for a 2023 speed bow. However, my shot experience was superior with the Era and the weight savings is hard to ignore when holding the two bows. The cam on the Era and Omnia, is smooth and linear, but definitely a stiff draw. You feel where the speed is coming from. The longer brace of the Era made the draw seem a bit easier, and on shot it was impressively dead in hand. More so than both heavier bows, the Carbon One and Omnia.

The Era would be a fantastic treestand bow. I may just buy one. As much as I love Bowtech, the Carbon One didn't really do anything for me. It has an easier draw than the Elite's (in comfort), but I think Bowtech missed the mark with no weight savings versus aluminum options. Again, the Elite Omnia is an excelent choice for a 2023 speed bow, but I think if I was going for an aluminum speed bow, I'd save money and find a used or close-out Bowtech Solution. Same ATA, BH, and IBO with deadlock.

Now I've got to track down a PSE Mach 34. On paper, it's longer, lighter, and faster than the Elite Era. I want to shoot it side-by-side.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I shot the Elite Era, the Elite Omnia, and the Bowtech Carbon One last night. All at 28" DL. The Elite's at 70#, the Bowtech at 63#. Surprising to me, The Era was my pick of the three.

Somewhat of a speed guy, I was most interested in the Elite Omnia. It comes close to matching the specs of my beloved Bowtech Insanity, albeit in an a more "shootable" package. It certainly fits that bill and is a great choice for a 2023 speed bow. However, my shot experience was superior with the Era and the weight savings is hard to ignore when holding the two bows. The cam on the Era and Omnia, is smooth and linear, but definitely a stiff draw. You feel where the speed is coming from. The longer brace of the Era made the draw seem a bit easier, and on shot it was impressively dead in hand. More so than both heavier bows, the Carbon One and Omnia.

The Era would be a fantastic treestand bow. I may just buy one. As much as I love Bowtech, the Carbon One didn't really do anything for me. It has an easier draw than the Elite's (in comfort), but I think Bowtech missed the mark with no weight savings versus aluminum options. Again, the Elite Omnia is an excelent choice for a 2023 speed bow, but I think if I was going for an aluminum speed bow, I'd save money and find a used or close-out Bowtech Solution. Same ATA, BH, and IBO with deadlock.

Now I've got to track down a PSE Mach 34. On paper, it's longer, lighter, and faster than the Elite Era. I want to shoot it side-by-side.

I haven't shot any of the bows I put in the poll on purpose.

Did you shoot the Elite bows with their performance or comfort modules (sounds like comfort)?

I believe that this review idea is going to work out. I had a lengthy conversation with the right person at Bowtech yesterday and it was very educational to talk through market perception of their new bows. If you have read my Maven and Seek Outside home page reviews, I try to focus on what the company was intending to create, why, and how they went about trying to accomplish that. Regarding the Carbon One, they didn't intend to create a light bow and they feel they hit their goals with what they were intending.

I do think that all of the bows in the poll are probably outstanding. There is a really good chance that the only way to ferret out the "best" bow of the bunch, is to understand that is wholly individual, and shoot two side by side for a month or two keeping score. From my perspective, 8oz of bare bow weight or 20fps (I'm a 30" draw so I don't chase speed) doesn't mean 1/10th as much as where the arrows go and how easy it was to make them go there.

I haven't shot any of the bows I put in the poll on purpose.

Did you shoot the Elite bows with their performance or comfort modules (sounds like comfort)?

I believe that this review idea is going to work out. I had a lengthy conversation with the right person at Bowtech yesterday and it was very educational to talk through market perception of their new bows. If you have read my Maven and Seek Outside home page reviews, I try to focus on what the company was intending to create, why, and how they went about trying to accomplish that. Regarding the Carbon One, they didn't intend to create a light bow and they feel they hit their goals with what they were intending.

I do think that all of the bows in the poll are probably outstanding. There is a really good chance that the only way to ferret out the "best" bow of the bunch, is to understand that is wholly individual, and shoot two side by side for a month or two keeping score. From my perspective, 8oz of bare bow weight or 20fps (I'm a 30" draw so I don't chase speed) doesn't mean 1/10th as much as where the arrows go and how easy it was to make them go there.
My post wasn't meant to be an in-depth review. I only shot each bow about ten times. My dealer said every Bowtech shooter he has come in to shoot the Carbon One has placed an order. I suppose I'm the first that didn't. But I wasn't looking to order a new bow just yet. I always like to shoot all the new stuff to see if anything gets me excited. He stated that the weight distribution on the Carbon One is what makes it special regarding hold-on-target or stability. My initial reactions are very shallow, but I definitely walked about with admiration for the Elite Era.

I shot each Elite with performance modules at 70# with 28" draw.
I shot the Carbon One in comfort mode at 63# with 28" draw.

My current bow is the Bowtech Revolt X. It is such an excellent bow it makes it difficult to buy a new one. But I like having two bows and I currently only have one.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
My post wasn't meant to be an in-depth review. I only shot each bow about ten times. My dealer said every Bowtech shooter he has come in to shoot the Carbon One has placed an order. I suppose I'm the first that didn't. But I wasn't looking to order a new bow just yet. I always like to shoot all the new stuff to see if anything gets me excited. He stated that the weight distribution on the Carbon One is what makes it special regarding hold-on-target or stability. My initial reactions are very shallow, but I definitely walked about with admiration for the Elite Era.

I shot each Elite with performance modules at 70# with 28" draw.
I shot the Carbon One in comfort mode at 63# with 28" draw.

My current bow is the Bowtech Revolt X. It is such an excellent bow it makes it difficult to buy a new one. But I like having two bows and I currently only have one.
What I wrote wasn't implying or insinuating yours was a review. I realize it was quality feedback of your experiences on that day. Your perceptions also mirror what mine were about the Carbon One initially and what is likely most everyone's view as well.

Since you shoot the RevoltX did you try the SS34?

My only real "complaint" about my Reckoning is that 30" performance module has that back end dip. If I could get rid of that, I don't know that I would change anything else.

I did not shoot the SS34. The shop had two hanging but I didn't trouble them to shoot any others.

I hope the SS34 sells well for Bowtech. I've mostly been a lurker on ArcheryTalk, but I feel like the SS34 is exactly the bow the most vocal on ArcheryTalk have been begging for.

The idea of the Carbon One being constructed to not be light is intriguing to me.

Does that mean it's built around balance? Possibly not needing 1/2# of vibration dampners?

I still don't know that carbon is really ideal for bow risers, however it's possible. I think it just sells well.

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
I can share some insight here. I have shot most of the 2023 hunting bows.

The Elite Carbon Era came out on top of the carbon bow offerings. It weighs near 4 pounds but feels well balanced and just light enough. It is just plain dead at the shot. Very quiet also. It has infinitely adjustable letoff in it's letoff range via a gear driven draw stop. It is available with smooth or fast modules. And, it looks like an Elite bow.

The Bowtech Carbon One is also a nice bow, but it feels and is heavy for a carbon bow and still has noticeable vibration at the shot. The riser has an almost alien made appearance. The weight of the bow feels like it all sits on top of your grip hand.

The PSE Carbon bows have a more aggressive feeling draw cycle unless you get the EC cam. They feel very light, almost too light. They do shoot good but are really pricey.

The Hoyt RX7 is a very nice bow, and I owned one. Shot great, held good, kinda shallow valley and decently quick. I traded it in for the Elite Omnia.

The Elite Omnia has a great feeling grip, and with the smooth modules an extremely nice shooting bow. Has has the SET tuning technology, and the infinitely adjustable draw stop the same as the Carbon Era. I didn't think the Era could beat the shooting experience of the Omnia, but I was wrong. If I hadn't just bought the Omnia I would have ordered the Era on the spot when I test shot it. I may sell one of my other bows and buy an Era.

I also own the Bear Execute 32 in 60 pounds max with mossy oak bottomland camo. The Execute is likely Bear's best compound bow to date. It shoots very well for me. The letoff is adjustable from 75 to 80 to 85 to 90 percent. I prefer the 85% setting. The factory string stop rubber bumper is too hard and causes a slight buzz at the shot. I replaced it with a softer one and it is really quiet now. The draw cycle has a slight hump before hitting the letoff, but it isn't too bad. No noticeable hand shock. The hinge roller cable guard system makes it seem like the bow is less poundage then it is when drawing the bow.

I also own the Bowtech SS34. I got this one for shooting spots and 3D. It has a nice smooth draw cycle with the flip disk on the comfort side. It has just a touch of vibe at the shot but not bad. It holds very well and is easy to shoot. I am liking it for the intended purpose. It isn't what would be called a fast bow. The Omnia and the Execute 32 are easily faster bows that shoot very well.

I hope this helps someone. There are a lot of good shooting bows for 2023

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
The idea of the Carbon One being constructed to not be light is intriguing to me.

Does that mean it's built around balance? Possibly not needing 1/2# of vibration dampners?

I still don't know that carbon is really ideal for bow risers, however it's possible. I think it just sells well.
Hi. I shot the Carbon One for a.good bit. Initially it feels heavy atop your grip hand. After shooting it for a while it feels better. It is a nice bow, but the Eilite Carbon Era still shines in my opinion. There is something to be said for being able to put the weight where you want it.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I made my way over to RMSgear today and was able to shoot:
Omnia
Reckoning 39 (they didn't have 36)
Era
Carbon One
SS34

First off, whisker biscuits are crap.

Secondly, my bow is a gen1 Reckoning I shoot on performance at 30" and 70+ lbs. My only complaint is the dump at the end of the draw but everything else is fine. My arrows are 544gr and this bow on the chrono today was 260fps.

The Carbon One is outstanding on comfort and feels light in the hand. On performance it has cut the end of draw hump in half.

SS34 in performance eliminates the hump at my 30" draw length.

The Era I need to go back and try again, it wasn't impressive. It possible something wasn't aligned because they just got it. It was in comfort but not all that smooth.

The Reckoning is a different animal all together, I liked it a lot. I would love to shoot a 36.

The Omnia in performance was a shock. They had told me that it is very unforgiving on the back end and everyone who had tried it had almost come forward. It was almost as smooth as the comfort Carbon One and it was not jumpy to hold as they had told me. They also couldn't think of anyone who had shot it at 30". The let off was 80%. I couldn't find anything not to like about it. Same arrows same chrono got 280fps.

My hope is that I can lock up a Carbon One and Omnia to review.

Jbehredt

WKR
Shot the Omnia and SR350 there last week. First arrow through the omnia I actually giggled and shortly thereafter pulled out the credit card. 71# 29.5” 502gr arrow 288fps. Performance mods were smooth to me. No interest in comfort. My pulse with the same specs over the same chrono was 257. That bow has a 343 ibo. Some things have clearly improved in 11 years.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Shot the Omnia and SR350 there last week. First arrow through the omnia I actually giggled and shortly thereafter pulled out the credit card. 71# 29.5” 502gr arrow 288fps. Performance mods were smooth to me. No interest in comfort. My pulse with the same specs over the same chrono was 257. That bow has a 343 ibo. Some things have clearly improved in 11 years.
Who helped you? Colton and Danny couldn't remember a 30"ish shooter but Matt was doing computer stuff. Did you chrono the 350?

Jbehredt

WKR
Started with a younger guy who had to leave for a hockey game. Matt took over. Didn’t chrono the SR. Really wanted to like it but the Omnia felt like home.