Bowtech/Elite review?

Would you like to see a review on (pick 1-2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sndmn11

WKR
7 day poll.

I shoot a Reckoning and like the tuning convenience. Elite also offers that convenience. Do these new bows have anyone's eye enough that a review would be helpful?

ahlgringo

WKR
Would love to see a review on the new Elite Carbon Era. Too short A to A for my liking, but new cam design supposed to make string angle feel a little longer. Would really like to see it in a 33” ish version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently shoot the Bowtech Revolt X.

For new 2023 releases, I'm most interested in the PSE Mach 34 and the Elite Omnia. Those would be 1 and 2. Elite Era and Bowtech Carbon One would be 3 and 4. Bowtech Gen 2 Reckoning 36 would be 5.

I prefer Bowtech's deadlock to Elite's SET. Both are nice. PSE released a shim system for the Mach 34 that may make them more interesting for garage tuners like me.

S.Clancy

WKR
What do you value in a bow that hasn't been eclipsed?
I'm not saying nothing has been eclipsed. I'm saying the cost for very, very marginal returns in weight or vibration aren't worth the cost.

I'll likely never be able to shoot a bow as well as a hooter shooter, so an increase in accuracy is unlikely.

The weights haven't changed much.

Sound/vibration hasn't changed much.

I could gain some level of efficiency, but my current bow shoots a 530 gr arrow at 275 ish, so any gain on that is unlikely to matter in the field on game.

The primary reason for me to switch bows would be fit or tuning. The Impulse is literally put strings on, set to factory specs and shoot bullet holes.

When I switched from my mid/late 90's Martin Jaguar to a 2008 Bowtech the difference was huge, when I went from the Bowtech to the Impulse the difference was much less. Shooting newer bows now, the difference is not worth the $$$, not yet at least.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I'm not saying nothing has been eclipsed. I'm saying the cost for very, very marginal returns in weight or vibration aren't worth the cost.

I'll likely never be able to shoot a bow as well as a hooter shooter, so an increase in accuracy is unlikely.

I could gain some level of efficiency, but my current bow shoots a 530 gr arrow at 275 ish, so any gain on that is unlikely to matter in the field on game.

The primary reason for me to switch bows would be fit or tuning. The Impulse is literally put strings on, set to factory specs and shoot bullet holes.

When I switched from my mid/late 90's Martin Jaguar to a 2008 Bowtech the difference was huge, when I went from the Bowtech to the Impulse the difference was much less. Shooting newer bows now, the difference is not worth the $$$, not yet at least.
Good feedback, thanks!

Ucsdryder

WKR

I don’t think this post was geared to the guy that upgrades his bow every decade…

OR Archer

WKR
I haven't seen anything to make me relinquish my 2016 Impulse.
My Impulse 34 with the V grip is one old bow I wish I would have kept.

The Omnia and Era are two of the three bows that have peaked my interest along with the newest Hoyt Z1S.

Jbehredt

WKR
Gonna shoot an Omnia in the near future. If I can really got close to 290 fps with my 500 gn arrow I might finally hang up the ‘12 Pulse. Maybe. Probably.

I have shot Kures and Rituals, I'm back to my Synergy. The Omnia may get a look in a couple years when they are old and cheaper.

Baller

FNG
Do you own one or have you just shot it? I have heard the same but I think amazing was all capital letters.

Own one.

Little back story first. I owned 2 Revolt X's (Great bows) before I went to Prime due to their ability to hold on target with next to no pin float. First I had the Nexus 4. Then the Inline 3 came out. Both those 2 bows hold phenomenally well on target. Draw cycle is meh and so is the speed. So, I wasn't too excited to see what came out this year but as a few days went on the SS 34 grew on me. That long ass riser got me thinking. Went down to the bow shop and shot it. Boy did that change my mind..

Bow was set at 29" @ 70# bare bow with whisker biscuit and no sight. First arrow, ok bow felt good. Draw is so smooth to draw. Second arrow touching the first and cut through the fletching. Third arrow robin hooded the 2nd arrow. Granted it is only 10 yards but still, I have never down that well with a test bow before sans sight. So now I was pumped. Decided to come back a different day (After a back and shoulder workout) and see how it held and shot after being tired. Shot as well the second time around this time on Performance.

Some thoughts. The long rise and user friendly brace height make it a real forgiving shooter. Draws way better than my Prime bows while making better speed. But the kicker was the hold. It is as good, if not better, than the Prime. Speed was equivalent on Comfort and better on Performance. Add deadlock to the mix and how cannot it not be a winner..?

Adding my cutter stabs, Epsilon rest, BG Mtn Lite site and tight spot 3 arrow quiver and it is a light, tac driving, western hunting machine..!

For the record my 422 g arrows are 285 fps on Comfort and 294 on Performance out of my Chrono which is plenty fast enough for me given the awesome draw cycle and hold this bow has.

I am fairly particular in how I like my bow to feel, for ME. For example, I hated the Mathews due to it feeling top heavy (Which I absolutely HATE). Great bow, but not for me. I also tend to favor 33-34" axle to axle length bows. Hunt out West so we typically spot and stalk. Might not be a wimmer for a saddle guy or a blind hunter, not sure.

My .02. Your mileage may vary.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Own one.

Little back story first. I owned 2 Revolt X's (Great bows) before I went to Prime due to their ability to hold on target with next to no pin float. First I had the Nexus 4. Then the Inline 3 came out. Both those 2 bows hold phenomenally well on target. Draw cycle is meh and so is the speed. So, I wasn't too excited to see what came out this year but as a few days went on the SS 34 grew on me. That long ass riser got me thinking. Went down to the bow shop and shot it. Boy did that change my mind..

Bow was set at 29" @ 70# bare bow with whisker biscuit and no sight. First arrow, ok bow felt good. Draw is so smooth to draw. Second arrow touching the first and cut through the fletching. Third arrow robin hooded the 2nd arrow. Granted it is only 10 yards but still, I have never down that well with a test bow before sans sight. So now I was pumped. Decided to come back a different day (After a back and shoulder workout) and see how it held and shot after being tired. Shot as well the second time around this time on Performance.

Some thoughts. The long rise and user friendly brace height make it a real forgiving shooter. Draws way better than my Prime bows while making better speed. But the kicker was the hold. It is as good, if not better, than the Prime. Speed was equivalent on Comfort and better on Performance. Add deadlock to the mix and how cannot it not be a winner..?

Adding my cutter stabs, Epsilon rest, BG Mtn Lite site and tight spot 3 arrow quiver and it is a light, tac driving, western hunting machine..!

For the record my 422 g arrows are 285 fps on Comfort and 294 on Performance out of my Chrono which is plenty fast enough for me given the awesome draw cycle and hold this bow has.

I am fairly particular in how I like my bow to feel, for ME. For example, I hated the Mathews due to it feeling top heavy (Which I absolutely HATE). Great bow, but not for me. I also tend to favor 33-34" axle to axle length bows. Hunt out West so we typically spot and stalk. Might not be a wimmer for a saddle guy or a blind hunter, not sure.

Good stuff. Did you need to fiddle with the deadlock when tuning?

Baller

FNG
Good stuff. Did you need to fiddle with the deadlock when tuning?
I preset it when doing initial setup. If you watch mfjj (Podiumarcher) on youtube he does a deadlock setup with lasers similar to what I do. Bullet hole first shot.

Would love to see a review on the new Elite Carbon Era. Too short A to A for my liking, but new cam design supposed to make string angle feel a little longer. Would really like to see it in a 33” ish version.

If the new carbon or the omnia was a longer ata 33 or better yet 35" I think they would take my money. I love the idea of their new cams just wish they were longer for a better string angle

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

bigbuckdj

WKR
Own one.

Did you ever shoot an elite remedy? I had a similar experience with the remedy, I shot everything available at the time and I just felt like it was heat seeking. I didn’t want a bow that long or that slow but here I am still shooting it.