Bowtech/Elite review?

Would you like to see a review on (pick 1-2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't get to shoot them, going back later this week once they're set-up. But I did get my hands on the Era and Omnia when my local bow shop was unboxing them.

The Era is really nice to look at in black! It was a textured black and the bow looked and felt amazing. I typically chase speed, but I will be highly considering this bow if it shoots well for me. I really want to see one in person in the Sienna brown color. Black looked really good.

The Omnia looked great as well. This one was in green. It has the specs I typically look for and I like that it has the lower stabilizer mount.

The shop owner also wants me to shoot the Bowtech Carbon One. He claimed everyone that has come in and shot it placed an order. He said the weight distribution at the limb pockets made the bow hold extremely well for it's ATA. I like the look of the Era better, but I do think Deadlock is superior to SET.

I'll shoot all three later this week and report back. I really wished he had a PSE Mach 34. It's still at the top of my list for 2023.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I didn't get to shoot them, going back later this week once they're set-up. But I did get my hands on the Era and Omnia when my local bow shop was unboxing them.

The Era is really nice to look at in black! It was a textured black and the bow looked and felt amazing. I typically chase speed, but I will be highly considering this bow if it shoots well for me. I really want to see one in person in the Sienna brown color. Black looked really good.

The Omnia looked great as well. This one was in green. It has the specs I typically look for and I like that it has the lower stabilizer mount.

The shop owner also wants me to shoot the Bowtech Carbon One. He claimed everyone that has come in and shot it placed an order. He said the weight distribution at the limb pockets made the bow hold extremely well for it's ATA. I like the look of the Era better, but I do think Deadlock is superior to SET.

I'll shoot all three later this week and report back. I really wished he had a PSE Mach 34. It's still at the top of my list for 2023.
Where is your shop that has an era?

The more I look at that CarbonOne the more attractive it becomes. It would be interesting to see if the 80lb SS34 is a better draw and hold than a 70lb Omnia or other 345-350 bow.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I don’t really understand the carbon one because it weighs as much as their aluminum models. I still would like to shoot one. I’m scared to go shoot the era. I think that one would be coming home with me. It will be interesting if they come out with a competitor to the Mach 34, I bet something between the era and verdict dimensionally, at 4 lbs with the omnia cams would be a sweet bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I don’t really understand the carbon one because it weighs as much as their aluminum models. I still would like to shoot one. I’m scared to go shoot the era. I think that one would be coming home with me. It will be interesting if they come out with a competitor to the Mach 34, I bet something between the era and verdict dimensionally, at 4 lbs with the omnia cams would be a sweet bow.

I think it depends on how stable it holds, how it balances per each person's taste, and how it feels on release and arrow exit.

IF it doesn't need the extra 8-12oz+ of stabilizers that I see some people throwing on their bows, then maybe it is worth it AND the cost difference is made up. It might, it might not.

I think it depends on how stable it holds, how it balances per each person's taste, and how it feels on release and arrow exit.

IF it doesn't need the extra 8-12oz+ of stabilizers that I see some people throwing on their bows, then maybe it is worth it AND the cost difference is made up. It might, it might not.

If you review a carbon bow, compare the riser deflection during the shot cycle to an aluminum counter part.

Put it in a press at brace, then press it to full draw ATA. With a centerline measurement from brace, might be eye opening how much the centershot moves during the draw cycle.

The shop I handled the Elite Era is in Sherman, TX.

The problem these archery companies are going to face with multiple ATA carbon options is tooling costs. The molds, certainly if built-in USA, are very exprensive. They'll need to stretch each carbon riser as far as they can. I imagine it will be a few years before each company has 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, etc.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
If you review a carbon bow, compare the riser deflection during the shot cycle to an aluminum counter part.

Put it in a press at brace, then press it to full draw ATA. With a centerline measurement from brace, might be eye opening how much the centershot moves during the draw cycle.

From a perspective of flexing from right to left at the sight window from the shooter's perspective? Do they flex front to back from a side view perspective?

From a perspective of flexing from right to left at the sight window from the shooter's perspective? Do they flex front to back from a side view perspective?

It's the flexing left to right. In a press the grip and centershot will move because the limbs are static. Shooting the limb tips/cams will move L/R and cause lateral nock travel. There's is usually some movement. In my experience it's way more with carbon risers, and why after a few I likely won't ever own another.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
It's the flexing left to right. In a press the grip and centershot will move because the limbs are static. Shooting the limb tips/cams will move L/R and cause lateral nock travel. There's is usually some movement. In my experience it's way more with carbon risers, and why after a few I likely won't ever own another.
Got it.

Don't forget to vote!

bigbuckdj

WKR

This is really interesting, does it happen on a drawboard too?

I remember the first and only carbon bow I owed was a hoyt carbon defiant 34 80# limbs I shot that bow as well as anything at that time but o my did it blow my mind how much the riser would flex in a press!! No center line needed to see it move. That said if elite built a longer era I'd be all about trying it

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR

I feel like if you search hard enough you'll find tests from half a decade ago where some guy put a laser on bows and drew them back on a draw board and they drew big parabolas. Some more then others.

Yes. Lay a straight edge from limb pocket to limb pocket. As the bow goes thru the draw cycle, the rest will move in relation to the limb pockets.

Might be someone has addressed it now, and I suspect it's why we see short risers in carbon. But every carbon riser I messed with had way more flex than an aluminum. I think the ideal way for a carbon riser to work is a shoot thru.

I washed my hands of them several years ago.

I remember the first and only carbon bow I owed was a hoyt carbon defiant 34 80# limbs I shot that bow as well as anything at that time but o my did it blow my mind how much the riser would flex in a press!! No center line needed to see it move. That said if elite built a longer era I'd be all about trying it

I had a Defiant turbo that I never could get to tune properly. It shot field points fine, broadheads were a different story.

It had horizontal nock travel that I couldn't get cleaned up.

The amount of flex in that riser was insane.

Maybe I was barking up the wrong tree, but working on several different carbon bows for people, I keep coming to the same conclusion.

I had a Defiant turbo that I never could get to tune properly. It shot field points fine, broadheads were a different story.

It had horizontal nock travel that I couldn't get cleaned up.

The amount of flex in that riser was insane.

Maybe I was barking up the wrong tree, but working on several different carbon bows for people, I keep coming to the same conclusion.
I haven't messed with many carbons just the one for myself all the other bows I've done for friends are aluminum. I do have one buddy that has the shorter carbon defiant he loves that thing it shoots his fixed heads pretty decent. Maybe he got a good one, I always chalked mine up to the 80 pound limbs being too much for the riser but now you have me interested