Boot spray

Nacho7

FNG
Looking for spray substitute for Zamberlans as their hydro bloc is hard to find. Any have experience with Collonil Carbon Pro? Seems like it checks the same box as Zs brand and open to recommendations. Also know Nikwax will do the job. Seeing if there are other over the counter options. 966 (nubuck and Goretex) is the boot in case it’s needed. Thanks.

Take a look at the Meindl boots website. I have a bottle of their Wet Proof spray and it does a good job for its intended use.

Kennetrek boot dressing seems to penetrate better and is more persistent waterproofing treatment than sprays in my experience. Nikwax is a very good spray however I had to do it more often.

It's not a spray-on product, but Atsko Sno Seal works well and requires less frequent applications.

Thanks guys. Was looking at the Sno Seal last night. Appreciate all your inputs.

It's not a spray-on product, but Atsko Sno Seal works well and requires less frequent applications.
Agree. Ive used Sno Seal for 25 plus years. I use it on all leather goods, including my knife sheaths going to customers. I did try it on my Crispi Summit GTX boots ( suede/cordura ) even though it recommneds not using. I like to coat it on the cordura part of the boot, it hasnt affected the breathability so far either. Either that or bees wax for me. It has worked so far while rucking in wet conditions.

I have read Sno Seal will cause the rand to separate... no? I use it on boots without rands with good results though.

I used Sno Seal for decades on my boots but started using Zs wax recently. I stopped Sno Sealing my boots after sending my Asolo's in for resoling primarily due to rand separation. I was told the leather was too soft to resole them. My thinking is that the silicone in the Sno Seal may be what softened the leather, and is perhaps why the rands separated. I still use it on leather gloves and would not hesitate to use it on boots w/o a rand.

According to the description it states to use the spray on Nubuck (966). I spoke to one of the reps and they stated nikwax will not void the warranty. I didn’t bother to ask about the cream due to the description on their website.

Agree. Ive used Sno Seal for 25 plus years. I use it on all leather goods, including my knife sheaths going to customers. I did try it on my Crispi Summit GTX boots ( suede/cordura ) even though it recommneds not using. I like to coat it on the cordura part of the boot, it hasnt affected the breathability so far either. Either that or bees wax for me. It has worked so far while rucking in wet conditions.
Sno Seal is largely beeswax with other natural additives for longevity. I have a pair of LaCrosse All-Temp boots from the late eighties or early nineties that are still as waterproof today as they were when purchased. I attribute that largely to Sno Seal.

Hasn’t happened to mine. I didn’t cover the rand just the stitching.
Apparently the oil based treatments soak into the leather under the rand and cause the rand glue to let go over time. The reason some treatments void the manufacterer's warranty.

It could also be that the heat I applied via hair dryer to melt the Snoseal into the leather is what caused the rand to loosen.

Back