Binge worthy story telling podcasts?

WoodBow

WKR
I need to add stuff to my queue to listen to driving solo to Colorado next month. I did a search to find previously listed podcasts but everything i was finding was the typical conversation/interview style podcasts. I am looking for more recommendations for story telling podcasts, particularly the type that cover a story over an entire season or more. I will list some I have listened to in the past that I would recommend. I do intend to buy the new meateater close calls series. I enjoyed the last one.

S Town
Up and Vanished
Atlanta Monster
Dr. Death season 1 and 3. Not so much season 2.
Dirty John
Radio Rental (a collection of supposedly true stories of creepy experiences people had)
The Man in the Window (golden state killer)
To Live and Die in LA
The Dropout
Gladiator: Aaron Hernandez and football inc.

Man when I list all those out I really start to feel like a basic house wife.

dtrkyman

WKR
No experience with any of those, though I did hear the story at the end of a meateater podcast about the spear fishing incident, incredible!

Loper

WKR
A friend and I listened to the Criminal podcast on a road trip last year. The particular series was called 48 Hours, I think it was an episode in the high 160’s. It was interesting and kept my attention.

gwtravis

Lil-Rokslider
The Band of Brothers podcast is also interesting and will carry you through a long drive. I’ve watched Band of Brothers 10+ times and the podcast fills all facets from who the men of Easy Company were to interesting production stories and the actors (most are Brits) who brought the story to the screen. It’s hard to believe the series is 21 years old.

ethan

WKR
History that doesn’t suck
infamous America
wild west extravaganza

novcie870

WKR
Wesley by Tom Ranaldi. It’s the story of the only MLB player ever murdered in a season. Very well done podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
I need to add stuff to my queue to listen to driving solo to Colorado next month. I did a search to find previously listed podcasts but everything i was finding was the typical conversation/interview style podcasts. I am looking for more recommendations for story telling podcasts, particularly the type that cover a story over an entire season or more. I will list some I have listened to in the past that I would recommend. I do intend to buy the new meateater close calls series. I enjoyed the last one.

S Town
Up and Vanished
Atlanta Monster
Dr. Death season 1 and 3. Not so much season 2.
Dirty John
Radio Rental (a collection of supposedly true stories of creepy experiences people had)
The Man in the Window (golden state killer)
To Live and Die in LA
The Dropout
Gladiator: Aaron Hernandez and football inc.

Man when I list all those out I really start to feel like a basic house wife.
“Legends of the Old West” is excellent.

John

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
The Dallop is a pretty entertaining history podcast. They have a mixture of multiple parts or single episodes for famous people in history. The Colonel Sanders story is pretty crazy and funny to listen too.

grfox92

WKR
If you haven't read Jack Carrs books I would download the audio version of all of them and listen to them in order.

If you like combat stuff, Jocko Podcast 180,181, and 182 with John Stryker Myer talking about SOG in Vietnam is some edge of your seat, action movie, most unbelievable combat that has ever happened. It's about 9 hours of content.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Finch

WKR
I plan on listening to Meateater camp fire stories on my trip last month. I heard a snippet of one and it was very interesting.

The martyr made episodes about the history of Israel is really good, it nothing I ever though I’d be interested in before listening to it. It’s several long episodes so it will get you a lot of miles down the road. I believe it’s called “fear and loathing in the new jurisulum”

gabenzeke

WKR
Astonishing legends. My favorites are the series about KGC Gold, sheriff/outlaw Henry Plummer, the Sallie house series is pretty good as well. Oh and of course the bigfoot series is pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Criminal podcast. They have a lot of great episodes.

If you want something more on tech side of things, Darknet Diaries is really good to. While Darknet Diaries has an interview component, the majority of episodes are focused around a specific event or job.