Binge worthy story telling podcasts?

22lr

WKR
Hard Core History. Multiple hours long each podcast
This! A great story, wonderfully researched and great incorporation of actual eyewitnesses. Easily the golden standard for a history/real life events podcast.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
What platform are yall watching hard-core history on?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Seeknelk

WKR
What platform are yall watching hard-core history on?

I guess I went to his website and just downloaded them. It's kind of a pain but not too bad. Have to pay for lots of them but they are full history books and certainly worth the small fee. Maybe there's a better way tho.

Seeknelk

WKR
I see hardcore history is on Spotify and those are free. Once I was done with those I dug deeper and found tons of the older ones that aren't on Spotify. Wrath of the Khans is incredible.

gabenzeke

WKR
Oh, I forgot. True crime bullsh*t is an awesome podcast. It's about Israel keyes. The more you know about this guy, the scarier he was.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
Bear Grease, part of the meat eater family without Steve's self agrandizing ruining the conversation. Part history, part sitting on the porch visiting
I do enjoy bear grease. And Steve is just Steve. He can annoy me at times and can be whiney on trivia. But last week when they said he wasn't playing that week, I found myself a bit disappointed.

Vaultman

WKR
The Rise & Fall of Mars Hill

Whether you are religious or not, this was about 15 hours of a story that played out over approx 12 years (based on what I could tell).
I just started this because I saw your post. On episode 4. It is pretty amazing. Thanks for the recommendation.

Hardcore History is my #1. I've never been bored listening to it.

Mike Roe does a good podcast "The way I heard it" Each episode is a different story, but they're all interesting and he has a unique way of story-telling.
Mike Rowe is great, I’ll have to give hardcore history a try!

Blowback is amazing.

The content is engaging and meticulously-researched, plus they get some amazing interviews and archival material. Well worth a listen in my opinion if you’re looking for some top-notch storytelling.

Vids

WKR
Thanks for this thread, I'm adding a few more shows to my list as well because of it.

I really enjoy Necronomipod for true crime stories. Ian does a good job researching the cases, and Mike and Dave add some hilarious color commentary. The Casey Anthony and Jeffrey Epstein episodes are highly entertaining. Personally I couldn't get into Last Podcast on the Left, too much of a morning zoo radio vibe.

Kilboars

WKR
I do enjoy bear grease. And Steve is just Steve. He can annoy me at times and can be whiney on trivia. But last week when they said he wasn't playing that week, I found myself a bit disappointed.

I’m a big Steve fan but he sure like to hear himself talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on Blowback. It's very well done.

If you are looking for extremely candid and sincere interviews, Combat Squat is short but excellent.