Binge worthy story telling podcasts?

Cmac

FNG
Not sure if he has a podcast or if you're ok steaming the whole time but Shawn Ryan Show on YouTube has a lot of interviews (but mostly story telling) of special forces type military personnel. Been following him awhile and hear some pretty crazy stories.

rclouse79

WKR
Another vote for Hardcore History. I found myself listening to it more often and longer than I should have.

grfox92

WKR
Not sure if he has a podcast or if you're ok steaming the whole time but Shawn Ryan Show on YouTube has a lot of interviews (but mostly story telling) of special forces type military personnel. Been following him awhile and hear some pretty crazy stories.
DJ Shipley episode is incredible. No one should have been able to do that much combat for that long and still be alive, physically or mentally.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Kilboars

WKR
Another vote for Hardcore History. I found myself listening to it more often and longer than I should have.

When I listen to it I found I had to speed it up a quarter or a half. The guys seem to talk slow and pause a lot. Maybe it would just episode I was listening to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wavygravy

FNG
A really fun one for my last road trip was "Old Gods of Appalachia" which is a somewhat fictional scary tales from old timey Kentucky and Virginia. Very entertaining. Although if you're camping alone might also give you the frights.

Otherwise on my late night listening is:
Ridiculous History
Conspiracy Theories
Supernatural
This American Life
Behind the Bastards
Morbid

Your Own Backyard

I would highly recommend this to just about anyone. Based on your list I think you will enjoy. The most interesting part is that the trial is taking place right now, 26 years after the disappearance. This has all taken place in my home town.

rclouse79

WKR
When I listen to it I found I had to speed it up a quarter or a half. The guys seem to talk slow and pause a lot. Maybe it would just episode I was listening to

It has been a number of years since I listened to it, but the pace never bothered my. I think speeding it up and having it sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks would ruin it for me.

Cmac

FNG
DJ Shipley episode is incredible. No one should have been able to do that much combat for that long and still be alive, physically or mentally.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
That guy is a beast. And if the combat wasn't enough, surviving his electrocution experience was another miraculous thing.

tony

WKR
Cold War conversations is pretty good
counter clock is a really good true crime / cold case podcast. Gal that hosts it has even got some cases to be given a second look and consideration to be reopened.

Art of manliness is decent
I did last podcast on the left, too much stupid banter going on for me. It ruins some seriously interesting cases

Kilboars

WKR
It has been a number of years since I listened to it, but the pace never bothered my. I think speeding it up and having it sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks would ruin it for me.

I just sped it up to 1-1/4 speed. I just found the guy talks real slow and lots of long pauses.

But to each his own.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
Thanks for all the recommendations. I am making a list for this years trip and upcoming trips. Keep em coming.

I commute a total of at least 3 hours every day so I chew through podcasts. Then it comes road trip time and I am all out of the good stuff. It really makes the time fly by driving solo when I get sucked into a story.

Cold War conversations is pretty good
counter clock is a really good true crime / cold case podcast. Gal that hosts it has even got some cases to be given a second look and consideration to be reopened.

Art of manliness is decent
I did last podcast on the left, too much stupid banter going on for me. It ruins some seriously interesting cases
I really liked the counter clock series. Seems to be very good investigative journalism