Best Long Range Fixed Blade Broadhead?

SDHNTR

WKR
Well, with a Shuttle T I can see the sharpening for cost savings point for sure. Those blades are spendy! I too enjoy sharpening. It's gratifying to me, but I choose a head that is designed to be sharpened and resharpenend. To me, that's what's great about a solid one piece head.

Cody,

I shot the one with 1/2" bleeder blades. Trust me, I didn't want to spend 80$ on a pack either, without testing them out. I now know that I can buy them and they will fly great. I would suspect you would have the same results. I am very impressed.

Right on Nick. I will be giving these a try as well, thanks for the input.

Cody,

I shot the one with 1/2" bleeder blades. Trust me, I didn't want to spend 80$ on a pack either, without testing them out. I now know that I can buy them and they will fly great. I would suspect you would have the same results. I am very impressed.
Good luck with their bull shit Solid guarentee!! If you break one dont expect it to be replaced.. I was goning to shoot them and think they are a pretty good head.. But after them wanting to charge me 6$ to ship ONE BLADE, AFTER WANTING TO CHARGE ME 18$ OR SO FOR THE BLADE.. Solid guarentee my ass

Good luck with their bull shit Solid guarentee!! If you break one dont expect it to be replaced.. I was goning to shoot them and think they are a pretty good head.. But after them wanting to charge me 6$ to ship ONE BLADE, AFTER WANTING TO CHARGE ME 18$ OR SO FOR THE BLADE.. Solid guarentee my ass

Thats to bad to hear. What did you hit, if you dont mind me asking. Curious how durable they are.

Thats to bad to hear. What did you hit, if you dont mind me asking. Curious how durable they are.

I was shooting a solid and a vpa at the same spot at 40 yards. I hit the back of the vpa. Did zero damage to the vpa and took the entire edge off of one of the main blades of the solid.

I realize it was my fault and if they didn't boast about the "solid guarantee" then I wouldn't think twice about it. But don't brag about your warranty if it only applies to hitting an animal. Bc in all honesty making sure your heads fly good is part of a hunting situation.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Justin
what do you use to sharpen the shuttle "T's"?? I have a Lansky Broadhead Arrow Sharpener w/wrench it works ok but does not seem to reach all the way to the end of the blade at the radius.

The best way I have found to sharpen the Shuttle T blades is with a Dremel tool and felt head with stropping compound. Obviously you need to run it with the blade, and not against it. I'm still using the original Shuttle T's, have extra blades but I'm running out of heads. Never did find my arrow this year that went through that cow, but it was on a pretty steep down slope, so who knows how far it went.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Just a question? Why resharpen replaceable blades? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Probably for the same reason why I have four boxes of unopened Titleist Pro V1 golf balls sitting here, yet I continue to use every old ball that I have in my bag. Just the way I am. That, and I enjoy sharpening stuff. And ya, I have several packs of NEW unopened replaceable blades as well.:)

I was shooting a solid and a vpa at the same spot at 40 yards. I hit the back of the vpa. Did zero damage to the vpa and took the entire edge off of one of the main blades of the solid.

I realize it was my fault and if they didn't boast about the "solid guarantee" then I wouldn't think twice about it. But don't brag about your warranty if it only applies to hitting an animal. Bc in all honesty making sure your heads fly good is part of a hunting situation.

So the company should pony up a new head, for free, all because you ruined it by shooting two broadheads at the same spot? Sounds a bit "out there" if you ask me...

So the company should pony up a new head, for free, all because you ruined it by shooting two broadheads at the same spot? Sounds a bit "out there" if you ask me...

It's a hunting situation. Gotta prepare to hunt. All I'm saying is don't brag about your warranty if it isn't that great.

It's a hunting situation. Gotta prepare to hunt. All I'm saying is don't brag about your warranty if it isn't that great.

Please tell me how in the WIDE WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS is shooting two broadheads at the same spot a "hunting situation"? :)

In not arguing with you. Magnus stingers are no questions asked replacement. That's a good warranty that is ok to brag about. The solid guarantee is bs

Seriously though, I am curious, why should a company replace something that was broken due to the customers inability to think about what would happen if you shoot two broadheads at the same spot?

Should Blazer replace the vanes that you shot off because you shot at the same spot twice with a broadhead? How about the nock? Should that be replaced?

PS.. I am not arguing either, just trying to understand why what you did should be covered under a warranty? You shot it at another broadhead.

Magnus has the warranty they have because their blades usually break when shot at an animal, hit bone or on pass thru's in rocks, etc. I have shot 11 animals with magnus heads and I have yet to be able to re-use any of the blades.

Seriously though, I am curious, why should a company replace something that was broken due to the customers inability to think about what would happen if you shoot two broadheads at the same spot?

Should Blazer replace the vanes that you shot off because you shot at the same spot twice with a broadhead? How about the nock? Should that be replaced?

PS.. I am not arguing either, just trying to understand why what you did should be covered under a warranty? You shot it at another broadhead.

Magnus has the warranty they have because their blades usually break when shot at an animal, hit bone or on pass thru's in rocks, etc. I have shot 11 animals with magnus heads and I have yet to be able to re-use any of the blades.

I am saying don't boast about the warranty if it only covers snapping off in an animal. Just don't even post you have a warranty if that is the case. The way the warranty is worded is stupid. If it fails in a hunting situation. How the hell will that broadhead fail other than shooter/operator error?? It's a two blade coc head??? If it fails it will be bc of the shooter not the animal or the head. So why even post you have a warranty??

But... in this case it WAS because of the "shooter", you shot it at another arrow and it hit the broadhead. Had you broke it in a hunting situation, they would have replaced it per their warranty conditions...

Also, I didn't just buy 3 packs of these because of their warranty. I bought them because they are very good heads and shoot incredibly accurate. This is the first I even read about their warranty. If I am to break one during a hunting situation, I will send it back. Thanks for bringing it up, now I know :)

While on the subject of solid broadheads, can anyone confirm if they are still using S30V for their blades, I emailed them Monday but have not received a response. Thanks

But... in this case it WAS because of the "shooter", you shot it at another arrow and it hit the broadhead. Had you broke it in a hunting situation, they would have replaced it per their warranty conditions...

Also, I didn't just buy 3 packs of these because of their warranty. I bought them because they are very good heads and shoot incredibly accurate. This is the first I even read about their warranty. If I am to break one during a hunting situation, I will send it back. Thanks for bringing it up, now I know :)

What I am saying is per their warranty if you blow through a deer and hit a rock or miss and hit a feeder leg then it is covered. How is hitting the back of a arrow while preparing for a hunting situation any different at all?

What I am saying is per their warranty if you blow through a deer and hit a rock or miss and hit a feeder leg then it is covered. How is hitting the back of a arrow while preparing for a hunting situation any different at all?

I'm not sure how this is the first you heard of their warranty. It says the solid guarantee all over their website.

And if you really read the warranty it says if a broadhead fails in a hunting situation. So that pretty much says if the head breaks in half and doesn't kill the animal they will replace it.

HAHA... Ok man, I give up.

I think I might go buy a new wash machine tonight, haul it up to the roof and toss it off. If it doesn't work after that, I am going to ask for a new one, free of charge.

I think that about sums it up... :)

To be honest the fact that they wanted to charge 6$ to ship a single blade pissed me off more than the warranty deal. It would cost .44$ to mail a single blade.

And sighting your bow in is a hunting situation. Your preparing to hunt. I could have lied and shot a feeder leg and there is zero difference. I still shot something that broke a blade. It also took HALF of the blade off and did zero damage to the VPA. When you pay 90$ for something you expect better. At least I do. I'll stick with my German kinetic silver flames. They are thinker and tougher anyway