Best Long Range Fixed Blade Broadhead?

Archelk

Lil-Rokslider
Let me guess, you shot the 125 vented. They can hiss some due to the unique harmonics created at that blade thickness. Never heard anyone complain about a 100gr vented hissing, and the big 1 1/4" 125 does not hiss, nor do the unvented models. So you have options if you still want to shoot a solid head. Ive killed too many critters to count with the regular vented 125s, and while i can hear some hiss, I can honestly say that I've never had an animal react to it, that i could tell anyway. Including, jumpy whitetails and western shots on critters out to 70 yards. They hear the sound of the bow long before they hear the hiss of the arrow.

Yeah you guessed it. It was the 125 vented. I've got the 125gr unvented VPA's and I am pleased with them but after trying the Helix single bevel I am enjoying that one even more. Thanks for the info on the vented and your field experience because that is all that matters to me.

OP
T

Tilzbow

WKR
I have not. Tell us about them!

I've been shooting the Firenock outserts with Black Eagle Deep Impact shafts for a few months. Durability is good and pulling from targets isn't an issue although I wouldn't say they're easy to pull from any 3D targets other than Rineharts. The downside is getting the inserts matched up and fitted on the shafts so there's zero wobble with broadheads. In order to do that with a dozen arrows you're probably going to need twice that number of outserts. If you're willing to go through this and install them exactly as instructed via the video on the Firenock website I think you'll be happy with them.