Best Long Range Fixed Blade Broadhead?

OR Archer

WKR
Muzzy Trocars. They are my go to broadhead and what I recommend to most of my customers. I've tuned a lot of these for customers and never had an instance of them not shooting dead on out of a tuned bow even at distance. Plus they are offered in a Deep Six version which I use.

ChadH

FNG
Muzzy Trocars. They are my go to broadhead and what I recommend to most of my customers. I've tuned a lot of these for customers and never had an instance of them not shooting dead on out of a tuned bow even at distance. Plus they are offered in a Deep Six version which I use.

This will be the first year I hunt with the Trocars or I would have posted earlier. I didn't want to do that without "field" experience. I will say, though, now that I have shot them a bunch at targets, they fly AWESOME at the range... The best Muzzy yet in that department (IMHO). And, Cabelas had them on sale a couple weeks ago for $24.99 a 3 pack (they may still be on sale)... so pretty affordable really.

amp713

WKR
Curious if anyone had good luck shooting the hell razors? Gotta get some fixed blades for some of the states i plan to hunt in and ordered some slick tricks but was thinking about the NAP's also...... Just figured id ask here for current thoughts versus opening a new broadhead thread....

This past weekend I was able to get my hands on a few 100 grain Solid Broadheads. I shot them from 10 yards out to 80 yards.

Wow. Amazing flight and shot side by side with my field tips with no adjustments required.

Additionally, I noticed that after several shots, the head was still very sharp.

I'm very excited to use these this year.

This past weekend I was able to get my hands on a few 100 grain Solid Broadheads. I shot them from 10 yards out to 80 yards.

Wow. Amazing flight and shot side by side with my field tips with no adjustments required.

Additionally, I noticed that after several shots, the head was still very sharp.

I'm very excited to use these this year.

What size bleeder did you go with? Was looking at these but wasnt sure if they are worth the $80 a 3 pack or not.

Question for you Wac'em owners. Are the blades sharpenable after you use them on game or send one in the dirt? It seems I read that they don't last long.

JasonWi

WKR
franklinmanklin:

I've never tried to resharpen the Wac'em blades before. But I've shot 8 animals with them (both 100 and 125 grain) and never had a blade break before...even after passing through and hitting the ground.

When you look at the blades you'd think no way will it take any abuse, but I've been very pleased with durability and the sharpness is very good

What size bleeder did you go with? Was looking at these but wasnt sure if they are worth the $80 a 3 pack or not.

Cody,

I shot the one with 1/2" bleeder blades. Trust me, I didn't want to spend 80$ on a pack either, without testing them out. I now know that I can buy them and they will fly great. I would suspect you would have the same results. I am very impressed.

amp713

WKR
Ended up ordering slick trick and shuttle t's both.... Want to try them side by side....

amp713

WKR
I ordered them yesterday cuz ive been shuffling the idea forever.... My BIGGEST problem: Slicktricks- ive had horrible luck with 4 blades, Shuttle T's- Super hard to resharpen and lots of complaints about how sharp they are anyways (ya i know the black ops is supposed to be way better).

I shot muzzys for a while, switched to Epek's and was liking them on smaller game but cant use expandables in Idaho and im headed up for bear. I also won some ulmer edges but havent even opened them yet....

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Question for you Wac'em owners. Are the blades sharpenable after you use them on game or send one in the dirt? It seems I read that they don't last long.

I re-sharpen mine using my Lansky and they come out great. I even worked on one that I had used as a test head for a couple years. All three blades were badly dinged and completely curled over, couldn't cut me if I tried........and I did try. After working them through the super coarse stone, then down through the smooth stone, then stropping on leather with some stropping compound........they were good as new.

SDHNTR

WKR
Just a question? Why resharpen replaceable blades? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Just a question? Why resharpen replaceable blades? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Cost. It's cheaper to resharpen. I shoot every single broadhead before I hunt with them. If I was to replace it would cost quite a bit. Damaging a blade is a different story

a3dhunter

WKR

I will say I had a hell of a time getting replacement blades in the TT shuttle t's, so much of a problem I took a hammer to one head trying to get the blades in. I found it easier to buy new heads than replace the blades. (trophy taker shuttle t black ops)

Since this has kind of migrated to sharpening, just thought I'd throw it out there that I use the Razor Sharp Edgemaking System for sharpening all my broadhead blades and knives. Every knife I own has a razor sharp edge that will shave. I love it! Takes a little touch but easy to pick up the knack of it. It's quick and efficient. I bought a dedicated grinder to put it on and it only takes a few seconds to touch up a knife.