Been trying lower carbs....need input.

Once you go lower carb intake you honestly won’t miss them.

This is true and there's good science to support that. The nice thing is the longer you go the less you miss them. For almost three years I ate only meat and vegetables. My health was fantastic and my weight was completely under control. It took a bit of effort to take in enough calories to keep my weight on. I ride dirt bikes and surf and am pretty active at work, so I need a good bit of calories to maintain weight.

When I did start eating a little more carbs, I very quickly started craving them and having food cravings in between meals that I never had when I was eating just meat and vegetables. Now I just force myself to take only one small scoop of rice or mashed potatoes and fill up on meat and vegetables. Far less hunger between meals.

Last edited:
I did bacon and eggs with black coffee every morning for a few months. Lots of salads with ranch dressing. Dinners were low carb veggies with some kind of venison or chicken or steak. Lost 23 pounds in 2 months. Felt great. May do it again this spring not so much to lose weight but thinking in normal daily life I am consuming too many carbs again. It takes real effort to avoid them.

Yes it does.....it’s a bitch sometimes. You definitely can’t have “bad” Carbs

jfs82

WKR
Easy swaps can also be... Blackberries/raspberries for blueberries (about half the sugar content of blueberries)... I prefer monkfruit sweetener to stevia but that's a taste thing.

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
I think the biggest thing is to drop the honey, and maybe verify your yogurt to see how much added sugar there is. I dont worry about fruit too much. It generally is still low carb but I only have it when I'm tired after a workout. Mostly berries or melon.