ATLAS Cooler & Tumbler June 2016 Group Buy-- Customer Feedback

crazyhawksfan

Lil-Rokslider
Ok thanks guys.. I plan to cancel tonight. Done with this bs..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sky1926

FNG
Cancelled..would like to get a cooler in another deal but reliable company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Cancelled here as well, got instant confirmation of it. If no refund in a few days I'm sure Discover card will take care of it. This company shouldn't be in business!

jm1607

WKR
THREE MORE WAYS BESIDES THE BBB & FTC TO FILE A COMPLAINT:

#1 State Attorney General:

Consumer Protection - File a Consumer Complaint

#2 Call Walmart (1-800-Walmart). Go to "customer service experience". Tell them that you would like to make a complaint about one of their vendors and tell them all about Atlas and that you want to warn them so they don't get screwed in the future. They will take down your name and number and file an official complaint. Total phone call should only take 5 minutes..

#3 Leave them a 1 Star review and nasty comment on Walmart's website:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ATLAS-Arctic-Series-65Qt-Cooler-White/121716672

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ATLAS-30oz-Tumbler/141790578

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ATLAS-20oz-Tumbler/176037828

Last edited:

bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Also want to reinforce what was said before by me and others but I still see some worrying about it, might be in the other cooler thread.

Bank debit cards have the exact same protection as the visa/mc credit cards! If you don't get a refund just file a dispute with your bank and you'll get the money back in your checking account.

Dan

Stwrt9

WKR
just when you think things couldn't get any stranger... I just got a random email saying I've been refunded for my order for coolers. I didn't cancel my order yet which is the odd part.

jm1607

WKR
just when you think things couldn't get any stranger... I just got a random email saying I've been refunded for my order for coolers. I didn't cancel my order yet which is the odd part.

Lol. I guess now that he used Roksliders money to fund his Walmart sale he's done with us! Loan over!

bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider

Wow, I guess they are trying to stay out in front of all the cancellations. Lol

Stwrt9

WKR
anyone else get an email with a random refund for your order yet? I plan on checking with my cc company tomorrow to confirm if they did in fact refund my card.

xziang

WKR

LOL log into your atlas account and keep us posted to see if your order is showing canceled or what they ended up saying when you replied to them?

I ended up canceling my order today and emailed them and they confirmed it rather quickly via email.

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
Cancelled my order tonight and will do my best to slander the reputation of this shitty company. Totally unacceptable business practices.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Canceling is what they want you to do. Making them send you a cooler at the price you paid would be sticking to them.

So you getting tumblers then?

Yep. I wasn't part of the group buy. We placed 2 orders for plain tumblers in June, they got pushed back and pushed back and then no further communication about the same time everything started coming apart here. So we canceled those. We bought some of the twisted tumblers from them and a few from Walmart.com (since we could get free shipping that way). Our customers loved them so my husband said let's take a chance and order more anyway and if they come, they come.

dotman

WKR
Canceling is what they want you to do. Making them send you a cooler at the price you paid would be sticking to them.

Or they could just keep pushing you back and never ship, eventually canceling your order and refunding your money. They are not being forced to sell you a product cheap.

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider

I'm not so sure that is really the case here. I don't think that there was any attempt here to get Roksliders to fund their order. I think what happened is a classic example of a business growing far faster than what was originally anticipated. It's a simple decision for Atlas to make; Satisfy a large chain that could make them, or satisfy a bunch of dudes that will most likely be, for the most-part single time purchasers. It would be hard not to. I don't believe they really want anybody to cancel orders either. I would also be surprised if Wal Mart is buying them for that much more of a discount than what we are. It's simply just a volume game at that point.

As far as I'm concerned, I do feel a bit burnt by the way this whole endeavour has transpired and my way of 'getting even' is to not give them my money now, or ever again in the future. Sitting by idly waiting for a cooler to arrive someday really doesn't send any message to them. If Wal Mart ever decides to cut ties with these guys they will likely be very sorry and not supporting them now, or ever will pay dividends. My recommendation is to bail right now on this whole fiasco.

They also just pissed on a sizable group of outdoor enthusiasts on an online forum where many other like minded individuals come to for information. I'm sure many of us are also sharing our experience online and on social media outlets and will in the Walmart reviews of their products.

Did they make the right business decision, yes. Did they do the right thing, NO, and there are consequences to that choice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just cancelled. I had to create an account on their website to access the "Cancel Order" option, but I entered my full name and email address exactly like I did when I first placed the order, and their system recognized me and displayed my order history instantly.

I'm not so sure that is really the case here. I don't think that there was any attempt here to get Roksliders to fund their order. I think what happened is a classic example of a business growing far faster than what was originally anticipated. It's a simple decision for Atlas to make; Satisfy a large chain that could make them, or satisfy a bunch of dudes that will most likely be, for the most-part single time purchasers. It would be hard not to. I don't believe they really want anybody to cancel orders either. I would also be surprised if Wal Mart is buying them for that much more of a discount than what we are. It's simply just a volume game at that point.

As far as I'm concerned, I do feel a bit burnt by the way this whole endeavour has transpired and my way of 'getting even' is to not give them my money now, or ever again in the future. Sitting by idly waiting for a cooler to arrive someday really doesn't send any message to them. If Wal Mart ever decides to cut ties with these guys they will likely be very sorry and not supporting them now, or ever will pay dividends. My recommendation is to bail right now on this whole fiasco.

I have to agree with you. As aggravating as this whole thing has been I don't think they had bad intentions. I think they just got in way over their heads with growing so fast and didn't handle it well. They made some poor customer service intentions but I don't want their company to fail because of it. Especially since I'd like to keep selling their twisted cups, lol. Y'all don't run them out of business ok?

Laqua3030

FNG

I have to disagree. Like I mentioned earlier. If they actually had their own capital they could have placed an order large enough to satisfy everyone. Instead they used our money to purchase product to fulfill an order for another company. Chinese manufacturing companies don't have limits on product. If you can pay up front they will send whatever you order.

I 100% believe this was a scam. If the Walmart order was so important to them why wasn't it placed months ago. Is it not coincidental that the Walmart order was not even placed until after our group buy closed? Why did they offer a group buy with very attractive terms if Walmart was beating down their doors for product?

We got used for funding to start a company for this guy. Anyone look at his failed Kickstarter? The terms were hilarious. $5000 would have got you a 110qt and a 65qt cooler. With your name on it of course. For a $1000 you could have gotten a 65qt cooler. What a deal! Zero people pledged of course so he went back to the drawing board, actually the rokslide board, a rolled out this scam.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I have to agree with you. As aggravating as this whole thing has been I don't think they had bad intentions. I think they just got in way over their heads with growing so fast and didn't handle it well. They made some poor customer service intentions but I don't want their company to fail because of it. Especially since I'd like to keep selling their twisted cups, lol. Y'all don't run them out of business ok?

Never **** a stranger in the ass...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk