Arizona Game and Fish - Pays Influencers - Newberg cancels contract after backlash

cnelk

WKR
YouTube and monetizing is a big thing.

All you have to do is Google and find out how much monetized YouTube videos get.

Okhotnik

WKR
What? They think they are a cut above everyone else? Lmao. No dude. Randy is more old school. If anything it would be fans of mountain ops or someone like that. All the dudes that think they are cool cuz they shoot the total archery challenge on a mountain with the flat brimmed hats, drinking sugar energy drinks, and pubic beards that hunt out west. Randy ain't that guy and he has been around a lot longer than these newer guys. He doesn't just tote AZ, in fact he always talks about his home state of Montana.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
How many shows does Randy have hunting trophy dyi whitetails in the state of NY?
lol

Big, big money in monetizing and pimping public lands and its finite resources out west. Ask Randy, Hush, Yvonne Chouinard, BHA, sitka .....

Notice all of the posts the past few years regarding moving out west?

Last edited:

TheTone

WKR
How many shows does Randy have hunting trophy dyi whitetails in the state of NY?
lol

Big, big money in monetizing and pimping public lands and its finite resources out west. Ask Randy, Hush, Yvonne Chouinard, BHA, sitka .....

Notice all of the posts the past few years regarding moving out west?
Hush seems to be doing pretty well; purchasing landowner tags every year, giving kids range rovers as birthday gifts. But yeah I’m sure it’s all about just loving hunting…

Okhotnik

WKR
Hush seems to be doing pretty well; purchasing landowner tags every year, giving kids range rovers as birthday gifts. But yeah I’m sure it’s all about just loving hunting…
All the social media hunting influencers are sacrificing their lifestyles and are down sizing and moving to Bozangelos because it's cheap and Economical to live there.

They're all just in it for wildlife conservation dontcha know

Randy has put up polls asking what the fans want to see. He has tried the deer stuff but the fans want to see elk hunting out west and I'm sure that is what sells best on Amazon prime. He actually does ask for the fans opinions a bunch, more so than any other youtuber/influencer. Its weird that we use the term influencer in today's society. Bunch of which goes perfect with today's world but its true. I do like Randy though and used to like meateater until he went to far corporate. I guess they all do once they reach a certain point.

SDHNTR

WKR
I wish there weren’t influencers. And I wish there weren’t so many people who were so easily influenced so as to give the influencers any influence!

Its absurd. There’s only one man who’s worthy of influence on others, and he’s not of this world.

Last edited:
It's just a result of the Pareto distribution of talent. Most people are terrible at everything, so they flock to free information from people who appear to be successful. And they're so terrible at it, they can't tell that the influencers are also terrible...and on down the drain it goes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3forks

WKR
Randy has put up polls asking what the fans want to see. He has tried the deer stuff but the fans want to see elk hunting out west and I'm sure that is what sells best on Amazon prime. He actually does ask for the fans opinions a bunch, more so than any other youtuber/influencer. Its weird that we use the term influencer in today's society. Bunch of which goes perfect with today's world but its true. I do like Randy though and used to like meateater until he went to far corporate. I guess they all do once they reach a certain point.

At a certain point, all the content is so similar that in order for these guys to differentiate themselves from one another, they start sharing more than they should.

Almost every available hunting podcast that focuses on western hunting has discussed the same topics, has had the same guests on, with the guests getting asked the same questions, and those guests answering those same questions over and over again.

People also like to be given recipes for success. If your content basically instructs someone how to replicate the experience the host has had - it appeals to a certain clientele.

Look at what magazines have turned into… top places to go, top products you should have when you get to the top places to go, top things to do when you’re at the top places with the top gear, etc.

Not too long ago, there wasn’t that much info out there on certain aspects of western hunting and anyone who really wanted to pursue a species or particular hunt had to do a lot of research on their own.

I have very little interest in hunting Couse deer and have not paid much attention to it at all. However, just like I have zero interest in those fat ass Khardashian sisters, you get inundated with so much just by being online or from what the media is promoting, you can’t help but start to become more aware of something even though it’s not really of any interest to you. Anyway, my point is that even thiugh I didn’t make an effort to know, I can tell you what glass Coues deer hunters prefer, what regions of AZ are good for Coues, and who the Kardashians and dating.

Just the same way some celebrities live their lives in order to generate interest in themselves and their brand, AZ partnered with Randy to promote hunting in their state. It appears Randy realized he didn’t want to be a part of it and broke the contract, but there would definitely have been someone else who would have done the same thing if it weren’t Randy.

Okhotnik

WKR
Randy has put up polls asking what the fans want to see. He has tried the deer stuff but the fans want to see elk hunting out west and I'm sure that is what sells best on Amazon prime. He actually does ask for the fans opinions a bunch, more so than any other youtuber/influencer. Its weird that we use the term influencer in today's society. Bunch of
emoji207.png
which goes perfect with today's world but its true. I do like Randy though and used to like meateater until he went to far corporate. I guess they all do once they reach a certain point.

M One
Yes it was
Monetizing fragile PUBLIC RESOURCES is always wrong. You can try marketing your exploitation however you want but it is wrong and should be stopped despite what Randy's fan boys say. How many fan boys are profiting off of Randy?

S-3 ranch

WKR
M One

Monetizing fragile PUBLIC RESOURCES is always wrong. You can try marketing your exploitation however you want but it is wrong and should be stopped despite what Randy's fan boys say. How many fan boys are profiting off of Randy?
I always wondered WTF are these guys doing to pocket multiple permits in multiple states, I am a slow learner I guess :oops:

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
I always wondered WTF are these doing to pocket multiple permits in multiple states, I am a slow learner I guess :oops:
Its a fair system. lol. Ask Buzz.

what a grift!!! Good sportsmen are finally waking up to the fraud by these grifters