Archery turkey for kid

id450

WKR
My 11 year old daughter is going with me for some turkey this year. She’s a great shot but this will be her first hunt with her bow.
Should I have her go for the vitals with the 3 options that may present themselves or go for a head shot? The headshot is pretty much a kill or a clean miss it seems. I’ve only killed a few and have never taken a head shot. Your thoughts and what will be better for a kid. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 11 year old daughter is going with me for some turkey this year. She’s a great shot but this will be her first hunt with her bow.
Should I have her go for the vitals with the 3 options that may present themselves or go for a head shot? The headshot is pretty much a kill or a clean miss it seems. I’ve only killed a few and have never taken a head shot. Your thoughts and what will be better for a kid. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Base of the fan kills them every time

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would suggest the vitals for a young shooter. Heck, even for a experienced shooter, the head shot can be difficult. I'd rather have a marginal vital shot with a forced follow up than a missed bird that is on the run especially for a youngster. Just my .02
Good luck!!!!

Back