Probably Going Crazy, But Looking for Suggestions

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
So…going to preface this by saying most of y’all will probably think I need to be in the loony bin after this, but should also generate some good laughs/stories/and maybe a helpful suggestion.

Of course, we’re fixing to talk about ghost here.

So, GF’s daughter (3) has made comments every now and then going on 6 months about a little boy that will be in her room that just stares at her, never describes him more and obviously we don’t encourage her dwelling on it. Normally totally neutral and just stares at her, but sometimes it seems to really scare her. She probably brings him up once every other week.

At first I thought she just had an active imagination mixed with nightmares, she is only 3 after all. But more recent stuff has us second guessing.

About 2 months back, her dog moved its head like something moved across the living room then started barking its head off. Go to bed. Wake up two hours later with the dog going crazy, camera alarm’s going off but nothing caught on camera, go to the living room and see a human shadow through the front window. Both of me and me GF see it, dog is staring at it and barking. As soon as I yelled for the gun and to call the cops, shadow leaves without setting off cameras. We both thought this was an attempted break in that was thwarted by barking dog and me yelling. Police report was filed, no doubt in my mind all 3 of us saw a person in the window.

Very next night, I saw a kid standing in the door frame. White gown, blond bowl cut. Obviously don’t say anything to anyone about this. Her daughter brings up at breakfast the boy was in her room and scared her.

One or two more situations with the dog doing weird stuff and the GC having one experience herself.

2 weeks ago her daughter started talking in the middle of her sleep like a 75 year old that had been smoking 2 packs of cigarettes their whole life.

This morning she told my GF that she was brave last night and even though the boy tried to scare her she didn’t wake anyone else up.

This afternoon, she started making noise and looked panicked while swimming. Said someone was on the pool ladder trying to get into the pool.

About 20 minutes ago when I started typing this, the light in her room flickered on and off.

Anyone deal with this before and what was the result? We don’t talk about it at all around her and are super particular with what she has access to, so I don’t even know how the concept of a ghost would of been introduced to her if this is just imagination. My gut reaction to all of this is she has a hyperactive imagination, the one night someone actually tried to break into the house, mine and my GF’s experiences were just because we had the idea put into our heads by her daughter.

But on the other hand all 3 of us have seen it at this point. Plus I’m counting the dog, so make it 4 of us

Yeah that kinda gave me chills and I don’t really believe in ghosts. But damn.

Our female Rottweiler will pitch a fit about something when neither me, the wife, or the male Rott notice anything and I joke that she just givin the poltergeist hell again. But we’ve never seen anything of the sort.

If I was in your shoes I might start believing. Good luck with all that…

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Id be moving... whether its actual malevolent spirits or just bad energy and imaginations.... I would get out of there. From your story, enough has happened to convince you its not just the kids imagination or you wouldn't have posted on here You could explore getting a priest to bless the house and i think you can get people who are truly blessed that could make a difference but a lot of them are likely just going through the motions. Good luck thats some spooky shit

Kid and dog would be sleeping in my room I think. When I was a kid I saw some stuff, but it was always something silly casting a weird shadow like a coat hanging in a door. Damn near gave my mom a heart attack one night, three times me screaming about a guy in my room. This poor lady is 4'11" and would run in with a wooden cooking spoon ready to attack someone. Lol

You ever mess with stuff like play with the "weegee" board or whatever? I intentionally misspelled that because I'm creeped out even typing it. Lol

Rob5589

WKR
That's some spooky sheeit. A good friend's daughter experienced something similar when she was around 4. She would play and talk with a "little boy" that would come into her room at night. My buddy and his wife watched it happen on a few occasions. Went on for about 6 months then one day the little boy stopped coming. The daughter has no recollection it ever happened (28 now). Freaky.

TaperPin

WKR
Gotta admit, your description gives me the willys!

Ive known some Indians who believe in little people that live in the mountains - sort of a spirit, but flesh and blood. They don’t hurt you, but it’s kind of freaky. The crazy thing is once you hear the stories and believe that these guys really believe it, its easy to start seeing things - a little glimps of an animal becomes a small person, a shadow might be something it’s not, a natural sound resembles something a small human would make.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
1691557743979.png
Probably not the best thing to read right before bed.

RMM

WKR
Time to get rid of the kid. (Joke)

I don't have any actual suggestions but your story gave me the chills 2 or 3 times.

Definitely creepy. I can't say I've ever seen anything but I for sure believe in spirits. The fact that you saw something, well I'm not even sure why you're questioning it. I'd either get a priest in there or get out.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
That was an attention getter!

Ive only had one paranormal experience.

Some friends of ours had a Halloween party at their house. It was set as a haunted house for the kids. The adults were situated in each of the rooms with some sort of scary thing to do to the kids when they walked in.

All was fine until the room me and another guy were in and suddenly we had company - similar to what you described. You could just see and feel 'something' moving around the room.

Later that evening after the kids had their fun, we were sitting around having cocktails and we brought this situation up to the house owners....

"Oh yeah".... "this house is haunted. It used to be a funeral home"

They were used to it.

The ghost would even pull hair, move stuff around and all kinds of crazy stuff.

They ended up putting sage bunches in each room and that seemed to help.

Good luck

OP
B

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Heck yes!

Have the kid describe the boy as best she can, see if you saw the same thing.

Is the dog a dumbass or smart?

I say switch rooms with the kid for a week and see what happens. Set up some trail cams or whatever. Buy some garlic.
Unfortunately the dog is very smart. Only ever barked 3 times at night.

One time when we think someone was trying to break in, second time the next night when I saw the boy, third time all the cameras around the house we’re going off at the same time but nothing showed up on camera.

On the third time, I took the dog outside to see if he would chase a raccoon or something. He just walked 15’ out the front door, turned around, and stared back at the house. Didn’t bark, didn’t move, just stood frozen staring at the house. Didn’t respond to anything for a good minute, before just quietly walking beside me going around the house.

sndmn11

WKR
Unfortunately the dog is very smart. Only ever barked 3 times at night.

One time when we think someone was trying to break in, second time the next night when I saw the boy, third time all the cameras around the house we’re going off at the same time but nothing showed up on camera.

On the third time, I took the dog outside to see if he would chase a raccoon or something. He just walked 15’ out the front door, turned around, and stared back at the house. Didn’t bark, didn’t move, just stood frozen staring at the house. Didn’t respond to anything for a good minute, before just quietly walking beside me going around the house.

I'd just go get a continuous record camera and set it up in the kid's room. Put some holiday bells on all the interior door knobs and buckle up.

Do you have a friend with another smart dog that gets a long with yours? It would be interesting to have a doggy sleep over and see what happens.

Wrench

WKR
I've never been one to buy into ghosts....but, I was in a corrections facility and a microwave was busted in a common area. When we reviewed the cameras to find out who did it, the camera caught the microwave simply jumping off the table and body slamming itself. I never had any issues personally....but I did watch the footage.

You're going to need a young priest and an old priest...
Just kidding. If you're not religious, then you should start in my opinion. I'm a Christian and I was raised in an old school southern pentecostal / non denominational home. We learned all about demon possession and evil spirits. That's what your story brings to mind to me. I would have the preacher come over and pray over the home and pray together as a family. Maybe leave the bible open in her daughter's room. When I was a kid and would get scared then I would say James 4:7 to myself and it would help, "therefore submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you."

There will be a few folks that think I sound crazier then you, but that's what I would do and maybe move if you can.