Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatlander

WKR
I love precision rifles and shooting a long way but this is just another example of how people are taking shots they shouldn't because there's a chance.. Both the parties in this story from the sounds of things. throwing lead.

Wouldn't be opposed to a 400 or 500 yard max shot distance laws even though they'd be tough to enforce.

I agree with this premise 100%.

If people would stop shooting at deer from different zip codes, this stuff wouldn’t happen near as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG these memes are so freaking funny. Its a true tragedy that things played out the way they did though.

Regardless of whose story is true/more accurate, the reality is this:

They were both in the wrong, BUT-

It sounds like she is a relatively new hunter. Whether she chose to take a 630-yard shot or she was “mentored” to, she very likely shouldn’t have been shooting at all. That’s no distance for a novice to be shooting at anything but paper.

However, Mr. Von WhatsHisName is a self-proclaimed professional in the field. He admittedly took an un-ranged, 730-yard shot at a quartering-away deer, that he hadn’t even identified well enough to see whether it was collared.

Just tossing lead and a prayer.

If you cut it down to basics, both shooters were wrong. He was just MORE wrong.

Everything after that is a declining sh!t show where he appears to be the conductor.

Every hunter I know would have approached her, asked what happened, and then offered to go help her finish HER deer.

I had a very similar situation happen where I walked off the mountain without a buck that only had my bullets in him, so maybe I’m biased.

However, I can’t imagine any experienced, ethical “sportsman” essentially bum-rushing in and double-tapping someone else’s buck just so they can mark the mule deer box on their quest to “Kill All 5 North American Deer Species” in a season.

Fatcamp

WKR
Sitka under an orange vest, an unnecessary cowboy hat, product placement of a box of bullets no one can read. Staged photo of him walking with his rifle. Ummmm, everything?

Hey now, let's leave cowboy hats out of this.

They are a fine head accessory and we are not here to judge. Skin cancer is a real threat in the outdoor community, more people should take it seriously.

😐

Sevens

WKR
I agree with this premise 100%.

If people would stop shooting at deer from different zip codes, this stuff wouldn’t happen near as much.

Don’t want to takeaway from a good meme thread with logic, but I think competition for those BOAL is one of the reasons that folks are driven to make shots they probably should not take. If it was a doe, eh, let’s get closer, but a BOAL, better shoot now before AVB or someone else hidden in the bushes caps it in the knee and claims it.

I think many ethical hunters might be driven to take a Hail Mary shot beyond their capabilities if they saw a BOAL a little beyond their max.

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
84s4m6.jpg

TXCO

WKR
I hope people write to the nra/american hunter and outdoor life to get this guy removed from being a writer. We need meaningful action in addition to memes to stop this behavior and social media celebrity fame at all costs craze.

We’ll never know the full story but the fact this guy self admitted to not knowing his target nor range, shooting over people, and in essence fighting over/first to a deer not working together with others to recover a wounded deer as a “leader” of the community is wild. Thats grounds for deplatforming to me.

I suspect the kind of shooting that took place in this story is more common than anyone would want to admit. People buy a tacticool rifle, high BC bullets, a Hubble FFP scope and "ring steel" way on out there a few times at the range, and they are now long range hunters like everyone else on the internet. Then reality sinks in once they are afield.

I hope people write to the nra/american hunter and outdoor life to get this guy removed from being a writer. We need meaningful action in addition to memes to stop this behavior and social media celebrity fame at all costs craze.

We’ll never know the full story but the fact this guy self admitted to not knowing his target nor range, shooting over people, and in essence fighting over/first to a deer not working together with others to recover a wounded deer as a “leader” of the community is wild. Thats grounds for deplatforming to me.

Based on the backlash he’s received on multiple platforms, he could pull a defamation suit since he’s lost all credibility in the court of public opinion. Then we’d know all the details in the public case.

Based on the backlash he’s received on multiple platforms, he could pull a defamation suit since he’s lost all credibility in the court of public opinion. Then we’d know all the details in the public case.
Its a he said she said case and most platforms have been just as critical of what he said and claimed as what she claimed he did. Outside of an autopsy or unknown video or pictures, he has no leg to stand on. His best course of action is to give the girl her deer and try and move on with life. The public has spoken.

buckpro

FNG
Regardless of whose story is true/more accurate, the reality is this:

They were both in the wrong, BUT-

It sounds like she is a relatively new hunter. Whether she chose to take a 630-yard shot or she was “mentored” to, she very likely shouldn’t have been shooting at all. That’s no distance for a novice to be shooting at anything but paper.

However, Mr. Von WhatsHisName is a self-proclaimed professional in the field. He admittedly took an un-ranged, 730-yard shot at a quartering-away deer, that he hadn’t even identified well enough to see whether it was collared.

Just tossing lead and a prayer.

If you cut it down to basics, both shooters were wrong. He was just MORE wrong.

Everything after that is a declining sh!t show where he appears to be the conductor.

Every hunter I know would have approached her, asked what happened, and then offered to go help her finish HER deer.

I had a very similar situation happen where I walked off the mountain without a buck that only had my bullets in him, so maybe I’m biased.

However, I can’t imagine any experienced, ethical “sportsman” essentially bum-rushing in and double-tapping someone else’s buck just so they can mark the mule deer box on their quest to “Kill All 5 North American Deer Species” in a season.
Did he admit he took a 730 yard shot without ranging whatsoever? I don't care if you're Chris Kyle or Jesus, you are getting no where near a deer if you don't range(lets not mention windage and level), much less hit it.

And how the heck did he know whose shot what whose if he did hit it?

This guys is full of it. She drew first blood and pursued the deer, he interfered and as soon as he figured he could push his way in, he did.

PS: Her boyfriend is a chickenshi* for not standing up.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
I think this guy did plenty wrong, but it's incredibly disturbing that people are reaching out to his employers trying to take his livelihood. At the end of the day we don't know exactly what happened. I'll make memes and joke about stuff but it's shameful to try and ruin someone's life and in my eyes worse than what it seems like he did to that girl over a deer.

Shame on anyone reaching out to his employers.

Your actively trying to play judge and jury in a man's career and ability to provide for his family.

I think this guy did plenty wrong, but it's incredibly disturbing that people are reaching out to his employers trying to take his livelihood. At the end of the day we don't know exactly what happened. I'll make memes and joke about stuff but it's shameful to try and ruin someone's life and in my eyes worse than what it seems like he did to that girl over a deer.

Shame on anyone reaching out to his employers.

Your actively trying to play judge and jury in a man's career and ability to provide for his family.

Yeah, seems a bit much for a first known slip up and i'm usually in front of the line wanting to hold hunting personalities accountable.

It seems like people are taking accounts and distorting them to further the outrage too. Dude said he didn't range the deer at the exact position when he shot and people are acting like he just eyeball ranged at 730 yards. As if nobody has ever sent an arrow without ranging an animals current spot when the arrow was released. I shot a bull for 40 when it was actually at 46 last year (gasp!). I can't imagine how many thousands of animals are shot with range assumptions after moving from a known range every year. Obviously his choice was bad in this situation combined with the distance but I just find it odd that folks are fixated on that when ranging errors are extremely common.

Memes calling him for what seems to be some shadiness and arrogance on his version of the story seem appropriate but it feels like we're really grasping on reasons to hate this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.