Not open for further replies.

Drenalin

.WKR
@tam9492 This is the best I can do currently

84sa9v.jpg

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Yeah, seems a bit much for a first known slip up and i'm usually in front of the line wanting to hold hunting personalities accountable.

It seems like people are taking accounts and distorting them to further the outrage too. Dude said he didn't range the deer at the exact position when he shot and people are acting like he just eyeball ranged at 730 yards. As if nobody has ever sent an arrow without ranging an animals current spot when the arrow was released. I shot a bull for 40 when it was actually at 46 last year (gasp!). I can't imagine how many thousands of animals are shot with range assumptions after moving from a known range every year. Obviously his choice was bad in this situation combined with the distance but I just find it odd that folks are fixated on that when ranging errors are extremely common.

Memes calling him for what seems to be some shadiness and arrogance on his version of the story seem appropriate but it feels like we're really grasping on reasons to hate this guy.
Totally agree. I've added a couple clicks when a deer walked a bit further away without re-ranging.

And I don't want anybody to think I don't think this guy did a lot wrong that day. As much attention as this is going to get there will be repercussions for him. It just seems sad that people want to destroy him. Lord knows I've done plenty of wrong things. Lots of things I'm not proud of. I'm in no position to judge people. The world could use more people giving grace. And memes. The world needs more memes.

I think this guy did plenty wrong, but it's incredibly disturbing that people are reaching out to his employers trying to take his livelihood. At the end of the day we don't know exactly what happened. I'll make memes and joke about stuff but it's shameful to try and ruin someone's life and in my eyes worse than what it seems like he did to that girl over a deer.

Shame on anyone reaching out to his employers.

Your actively trying to play judge and jury in a man's career and ability to provide for his family.
I agree, but..,,,,,, live by the sword, die by the sword.
If you want to base your career on public perception of your outdoor skills, you best keep that perception positive.

Yeah, laugh at the situation sure. Contact his employers, not so much.

prm

WKR
Yet another example of the need to appear cool on social media driving stupidity. Since we can't hunt game and sell the meat (for good reason), can we also eliminate any profit from social media resulting from killing game? Post all the hunting stuff you want, but no dead animals. Be fine with me.

lak2004

WKR
I think this guy did plenty wrong, but it's incredibly disturbing that people are reaching out to his employers trying to take his livelihood. At the end of the day we don't know exactly what happened. I'll make memes and joke about stuff but it's shameful to try and ruin someone's life and in my eyes worse than what it seems like he did to that girl over a deer.

Your actively trying to play judge and jury in a man's career and ability to provide for his family.
Agree. Public lashing, sure. Trying to take food out of his families mouth over some BS hunting ethics, not cool. If you're contacting his employer you must be a woke lefty, cut that's what they'd do to cancel the guy.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Maybe my tolerance for insta famous a holes is getting really short. Based on his story, based on her story, based on the memes (maybe not the memes) I have zero issue with this guy getting fired as a self proclaimed expert writer. I hope they all go away. No doubt in my mind that we will all be better off for it!

KenLee

WKR

From his own writings, he was ruined long ago. Public just didn't know it.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
If true, then how does Muley Freak Erik still have sponsors (employers)?
He owns muley freak, won't fire himself. Most of the work he does for other companies is on the back end. They run social media and don't have to be known. He also does massive amounts of damage control PR for himself..

fatlander

WKR
I think [mention]Dioni A [/mention] is leaving out a crucial fact of the matter in this situation as it pertains to not contacting Mr. Von Being-A-dicks employer. The arena in which this instance took place is his place of work, that everyone in this thread pays for. If he punched the clock with a normal 9-5, I’d be more inclined to agree with you.

If I was at the dentist, I wouldn’t contact the DDS regarding the groundskeeper being an ass. But I certainly would if it was the hygienist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I agree that blasting the guys employers is ridiculous. And while I love a good meme thread, I think we're on the wrong side of the "policing ourselves/cancel culture" line here.

I shot a mule deer buck at ~530 yards when I was in college... with a pre '64 model 70 in 30-06, with a 3x9 bushnel on top. I didn't even own a rangefinder... I just had used google earth to get approximate yardage of the canyons I was hunting. Am I proud of it? Nope!

But I was broke, and a little desperate and I drilled that little forky in the liver. Shit happens. We make decisions we want back. And the only difference in my decision making there, over Mr. AVB is that no one else was trying to kill that buck at the same time. I don't have all the answers about how to strike a balance, but cancel culture is tearing us apart as a society. I think people need second/third/fourth chances.

prm

WKR
Agree. Public lashing, sure. Trying to take food out of his families mouth over some BS hunting ethics, not cool. If you're contacting his employer you must be a woke lefty, cut that's what they'd do to cancel the guy.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

If he is making his living hunting, and his hunting ethics are hurting hunting as a whole, I have zero issue with him losing his job. ZERO. In fact, I would have an issue if he does not suffer serious some repercussions.

Edit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.