Another truck tire thread

DaleW

WKR
We've always run ko2s. We had a set go 65k miles before they were burnt out. But that's probably higher than the norm. The sidewalls i believe are thicker/tougher than a normal all terrain which is nice for sharp rocks.

I also had the Goodyear duratracs. They're better in mud and snow than the ko2 but my set was pretty loud on the highway.

AlleghenyMountain

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the General Grabbers on my '05 F250, had them on my last F150 too. They've done well for me, a total of close to 20 years.

Spindrift

FNG
If you spend time in the mountains, Coopers are hard to beat. Almost all of the FS rigs run them around here due to performance in everything from shale to snow and ice. I run the ST Maxx on both my rigs and would swear by them.

If you're not on ice and snow, K02s have great road manners. They pack up easy in snow, though, so be aware of that.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
Duratracs are cheap, but they are noisy and wear fast.

I run KO2's on my oilfield truck and they are pretty good, a few other guys had the belts separate on them though.

I ran Toyo AT2's on my personal truck and they were great for everything but ice. They were terrible. I got 90,000 miles out of them.

I am now running the AT3's and they are by far my favourite tire.

I’m at 47k on a set of Cooper discover at3. Ford f350 6.7 diesel. I pull a 12k 5th wheel a few thousand miles a year. Do about 70% around town/highway miles and then the other 25-30% on back roads, gravel, crappy places. Most mileage I have ever gotten out of tire on a HD pickup. They are about done for. Will be replacing them soon with another set of Coopers

fellerr

Lil-Rokslider
Just out a new set of hercules x venture on my suburban. They were the most popular by far with two local tire shops. Excellent warranty…for what its worth i guess, never needed to use a warranty on a tire.

Kinda wish id have went falken, seems to be top choice here!

I would steer clear of Toyo M/T's if you plan to drive on icy roads in the late season. I run 35s on my 4x4 tundra and it's pretty sketchy. Trucks with all terrains fly by me

I would steer clear of Toyo M/T's if you plan to drive on icy roads in the late season. I run 35s on my 4x4 tundra and it's pretty sketchy. Trucks with all terrains fly by me
I hated them, I put them on a taco and they had a lot of tread left when I ditched them, they were super slick even on wet pavement. Might be ok on a heavy pickup but I hated those things, brutally bad traction on slippery roads.

I hated them, I put them on a taco and they had a lot of tread left when I ditched them, they were super slick even on wet pavement. Might be ok on a heavy pickup but I hated those things, brutally bad traction on slippery roads.
I still have pretty good tread but I'm getting rid of them as well. My buddy runs the bfg k02 that seem to get pretty good traction on frozen roads. Probably gonna head in that direction

mack1112

Lil-Rokslider
not sure if its been said but falken wildpeaks are similar to the ko2's and seemed to wear well on my last pickup

I run Cooper Discoverer At3's on my Tacoma and have General Grabber Arctic snow tires on another set of wheels for winter use.

f16jack

WKR
Go to tirerack.com and look at data for treadlife, traction, noise, etc. Great analysis over millions of mile if use. One of the categories is "would you recommend."
I've run 10 ply KO-2's on my rigs for many years. I recently switched to the General Grabber AT's Light Truck tire. Look at the reviews.
I've got a Yukon XL and a older Jeep Wrangler, and I put them through the paces every year.

Wrongside

WKR
Duratracs are cheap, but they are noisy and wear fast.

I run KO2's on my oilfield truck and they are pretty good, a few other guys had the belts separate on them though.

I ran Toyo AT2's on my personal truck and they were great for everything but ice. They were terrible. I got 90,000 miles out of them.

I am now running the AT3's and they are by far my favourite tire.
Agreed. I’ve run multiples of many of the top ATs and hybrids- Dura, KO, Toyo ATII, etc- and the Toyo Open Country ATIII has been my favorite by far.

The new Toyo Open Country RT- Trail looks really interesting, but the lack of TPMS rating will probably cost it sales. At least up here in Alberta and BC.

Falken wildpeaks (10 ply, E rated) on my Tundra currently have 68,500 miles on them and I would guess they've got at least 20 - 30,000 more miles of life left in them. This truck gets driven 5 days a week and probably averages 500 miles/week.
This almost sounds too good to be true. Never heard of anybody getting 88-98,000 miles on a set of All-terrain tires.