Another truck tire thread

I know this is a repeated thread but I like to think some guys enjoy talking truck stuff no matter how many times it comes up. I have an f150 that I need to get some tires for. I am looking for some other opinions/experiences for a tire that is 70% highway/interstate/town, 30% forest service roads/desert gumbo/county roads, pulling a 28ft bumper pull camper. I am trying to get a good tire but not break the bank. I have kO2s on my oil field truck but I am hoping to not shell out that much for tires. The truck sits in my driveway 5
Days a week. I have been look it the falken at3s, Firestone destination xt, Goodyear wrangler workhorse at, general graber at/x. Not opposed to another tire. Just trying to save some pennies. Thanks guys and gals!

I run the Goodyear duratracs in my Tacoma, they have been a good tire on that truck. I decided to try the Mickey Thompson Baja’s on my CTD . So far I like them as well. My brother runs Falkens on his F150 and has had good luck with them.

Tmac

WKR
Have got 35k on a set of the Falken Wildpeaks. Plenty of tread left and they have done very well on and off road, including in rocky stuff. Still quiet on the freeway. They are the LT version, 10 plys. They are a heavy tire so cost a little on the mpg side of things.

We put the falken at3’s on our tundra recently coming from ko2’s, like them so far, I think we have about 9k on them and they still look new, but too early to have a strong opinion one way or another. Really good wet road traction

I put the falken wildpeak mt’s on my pickup about 6k ago, and liking them so far too. It’s a tire I’ve been meaning to try. I hated the ko2’s on my pickup, never again.

If I don’t like the falken enough to buy again, I like the design of the new hankook mt… I wish cooper would have kept making the discovery stt, only tire I’ve really liked on small pickups enough to keep buying, I haven’t bought the same tires twice since them.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I have always had good luck with falken, 10 ply’s. They are heavy but my mpg didn’t change much.
I think they are quieter than ko2’s and they are great in deep snow.

fraz01

FNG
I've got 2 sets of Grabbers in use. One set going on 2 years, the other set have been on for two months. Pretty quite on the pavement, they flat work on gravel and off road. These are 10 ply rating.

Just bought KO2s last week from discount and they matched Costco pricing. Knocked almost $200 off. 10 ply e rated.

I’ve got Falken wild peaks on my 2 rigs now. So far so good.

The only thing I didn’t like is the larger sizes come with a few more 32nds tread. Something like 13 on the smaller, 15 on the mids, and 17 to 19 on the large ones.
My 31” tires look like they would have been better with the deeper tread that my 33” tires have.

Spotts

FNG
Hard to go wrong with K02 or Toyo open country at3’s in my opinion but neither are cheap.

Wrench

WKR
I have Ko2's on my land cruiser and powerstroke, I have pro comp at's on one of my cummins trucks. The pro comps were $850 during a sale last Thanksgiving and for a 35/12.50-18 e rated tire were a steal. They irrigate better than the bfg on wet roads. I can't say how they act at half tread....but seem like they should be reasonable. I've had a bunch of sets of bfg's and they are not good for hudroplaning and they are pretty hard rubber, so I tend to swap them out early because it snows where I live.

My other cummins truck is a 5500 4x4 and runs Otani 650's.....those are killer tires and I wish they made them in lt sizes. There's no comparison in road manners or snow performance.

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is a repeated thread but I like to think some guys enjoy talking truck stuff no matter how many times it comes up. I have an f150 that I need to get some tires for. I am looking for some other opinions/experiences for a tire that is 70% highway/interstate/town, 30% forest service roads/desert gumbo/county roads, pulling a 28ft bumper pull camper. I am trying to get a good tire but not break the bank. I have kO2s on my oil field truck but I am hoping to not shell out that much for tires. The truck sits in my driveway 5
Days a week. I have been look it the falken at3s, Firestone destination xt, Goodyear wrangler workhorse at, general graber at/x. Not opposed to another tire. Just trying to save some pennies. Thanks guys and gals!
I recently switched my f350 7.3 to falkin at3 from hankock mt’s picked up a couple mpg but I did stick the truck in New Mexico, not sure I would blame the tires we’ve had falkins on my wife’s f150 for a while they seem to be decent

Finn16

WKR
I had two sets of KO2's and they are terrible in western mud but they did well in the snow. I talked to a Colorado game warden who had Wrangler Duratracs on his work rig and he really likes them. I also asked a guide I know who is really hard on equipment and he too is running the Duratracs and likes them. I researched the Duratracs and they get good reviews except multiple mentions of a weak sidewall. But based on the opinions of the two guys above, I bought the Duratracs (10 ply) and so far so good, although every time I get into sharp rocks I think of what I read about the sidewalls.

hiker270

WKR
Cooper AT3 4S tires have been an excellent tire on both my trucks, One of the highest rated on/off road tires in the Tire Rack surveys.

Buckman

WKR
I am cheap and am trying some Nokian Outpost AT's on my Suburban. got them cheap from Walfart. 150 a piece. Haven't had them out yet, still in rebuilding mode on the Burban. Time will tell i guess if it was a good decision.

Don't overlook the Discount Tire-only Goodyear Ultra Terrains. I run Toyo AT3's on my F350 and have run Falken wild peaks, KO2's, KM's on Jeeps and F150s over the years.

I just put new Ultra Terrains on my daily driver Jeep after comparing specs (sidewall, weight, 3 peak rated, tread). They are much cheaper, and the only downside is that they don't have a mileage warranty. I've had them on a Jeep before but never put loads of miles on. We'll see how these do on a daily but after 1k miles they're awesome. Great grip and not too noisy...

Reactions: AZ8

handwerk

WKR
Another fan of the Falken AT 3's. I went with the "C" rated model on my tundra and have been very happy. We also recently put them on our FJ cruiser and GX 460.

AZ8

WKR
Don't overlook the Discount Tire-only Goodyear Ultra Terrains. I run Toyo AT3's on my F350 and have run Falken wild peaks, KO2's, KM's on Jeeps and F150s over the years.

I just put new Ultra Terrains on my daily driver Jeep after comparing specs (sidewall, weight, 3 peak rated, tread). They are much cheaper, and the only downside is that they don't have a mileage warranty. I've had them on a Jeep before but never put loads of miles on. We'll see how these do on a daily but after 1k miles they're awesome. Great grip and not too noisy...
I’ve had those on my Silverado for 3 years now and they’ve performed great, both in mud and snow. Also do good on the rocky desert roads.

Expensive, but Discount has been good to me for years.

I don’t like to go cheap on tires. It’s the one piece of equipment safety wise that shouldn’t be compromised.