6mm arc build Howa Mini or buy complete

Which for 6mm ARC hunting rifle

• Savage Axis 2 and mod down the road

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Whats that cut to and what speed do you get out of it? I really like the size of that.
It’s actually just the stock 20” barrel. The suppressor though is an “over the barrel” suppressor so it makes it seem short.

Per my Garmin, I’m getting average of 2635 from 108 ELD-M factory ammo.

mddat

FNG
I got the 20” factory one, put in a stockys VG, cut the mag down, my only complaint was how small the bolt handle was so I took a grinder and filed the bolt handle till I could thread it 5/16 -24 and put a longer bolt knob on, shooting 112 Barnes match burners at 2590 fps with H4895 quite well. Weighs 7.5 lbs but I have a Trijicon Creedo 3-9 coming so should drop down a few more ounces IMG_5094.jpegIMG_5096.jpeg

IMG_3716.jpeg

I’m really happy with my Stockys and Carbon6, scale says 7lbs 7oz. I've had 2 Howas in 6arc, one was in the Howa chassis, I didn't like it all that much, not very good ergos. This one kind of evolved a little over time. I'd get the barreled action, Stockys, and see how you like it. The Oryx is a great chassis, but that thing would be a pig, more than I’d want to carry around in the field.

The Ruger looks cool, will have a big advantage since it'll feed from AR mags, but they are on the heavy side and few to no lightweight stocks to chose from.

Last edited:

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty sure this is the way to go.

I think Howa might be making one as well but it's not on the Legacy Sports website.

There's also this option for making the factory mag almost flush.
I ran those cut down mags for years and only recently obtained a Jefferson floorplate which I'm loving, the flush floorplate is what these rifles are screaming out for.
20240707_170009.jpg

Now I'm dreaming of one in 6ARC, I wouldn't hesitate to own another Howa

Hurley88

FNG
I’ve seen quite a bit of buzz over the 6 ARC lately, I’d bet a ton of info is on its way as guys are building/buying them. I’ve had a bunch of adulting to do these last few months but I have a Tikka 223 that I reamed the bolt face & spun on a 6 ARC barrel from PBB. Been aching to finish it, all the parts have been on my bench just sitting there for a while now.

I’ll try to get it wrapped up & will post data. Recoil versus 6.5CM & 6CM, velocity, feeding, all that fun stuff. It’ll be a couple months though.

View attachment 732401

I’m really happy with my Stockys and Carbon6, scale says 7lbs 7oz. I've had 2 Howas in 6arc, one was in the Howa chassis, I didn't like it all that much, not very good ergos. This one kind of evolved a little over time. I'd get the barreled action, Stockys, and see how you like it. The Oryx is a great chassis, but that thing would be a pig, more than I’d want to carry around in the field.

The Ruger looks cool, will have a big advantage since it'll feed from AR mags, but they are on the heavy side and few to no lightweight stocks to chose from.

@turbobrick - Is that a SRS Hunters Rail? I’d like to do the same on a Stockys VG when it gets delivered. Do you remember if it’s the 10.625” or 11.5” version? Thanks!

jpk724

FNG
I just put this together for $800. Mini barreled action. Stockys VG2. DNZ mounts. The scope is an old Zeiss I had laying around that weighs 16 ounces to give you an idea of the bare rifle weight.

I really don’t think you can do better than that combo.
View attachment 731923
Looking at doing the same. Did you find some sales? Seems about $200 less than what I’m pricing out.

Marshfly

WKR
Looking at doing the same. Did you find some sales? Seems about $200 less than what I’m pricing out.
I looked back. Both had sales back in June. Barreled Action was $369 and the stock was $399. Looking at the Brownells code it was $10% off a $400 normal price. I guess these have increased in cost lately to $450. Stockys had a 33% off sale at the time.

jpk724

FNG
I looked back. Both had sales back in June. Barreled Action was $369 and the stock was $399. Looking at the Brownells code it was $10% off a $400 normal price. I guess these have increased in cost lately to $450. Stockys had a 33% off sale at the time.
Damn, just missed it then. Does Brownells put them on sale often?