6mm arc build Howa Mini or buy complete

Which for 6mm ARC hunting rifle

• Savage Carbon Predator ($1k used)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Savage Axis 2 and mod down the road

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Whats that cut to and what speed do you get out of it? I really like the size of that.
It’s actually just the stock 20” barrel. The suppressor though is an “over the barrel” suppressor so it makes it seem short.

Per my Garmin, I’m getting average of 2635 from 108 ELD-M factory ammo.

mddat

FNG
I got the 20” factory one, put in a stockys VG, cut the mag down, my only complaint was how small the bolt handle was so I took a grinder and filed the bolt handle till I could thread it 5/16 -24 and put a longer bolt knob on, shooting 112 Barnes match burners at 2590 fps with H4895 quite well. Weighs 7.5 lbs but I have a Trijicon Creedo 3-9 coming so should drop down a few more ounces IMG_5094.jpegIMG_5096.jpeg

IMG_3716.jpeg

I’m really happy with my Stockys and Carbon6, scale says 7lbs 7oz. I've had 2 Howas in 6arc, one was in the Howa chassis, I didn't like it all that much, not very good ergos. This one kind of evolved a little over time. I'd get the barreled action, Stockys, and see how you like it. The Oryx is a great chassis, but that thing would be a pig, more than I’d want to carry around in the field.

The Ruger looks cool, will have a big advantage since it'll feed from AR mags, but they are on the heavy side and few to no lightweight stocks to chose from.

Last edited: