6mm arc build Howa Mini or buy complete

Which for 6mm ARC hunting rifle

• Savage Axis 2 and mod down the road

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jpk724

FNG
I picked up a 20" barreled action when they were on sale around the 4th of July. I got a Stockys VG factory seconds as well.

My little girl and I sponge painted it. I need to mount a scope and go shoot it.
Looks like I just missed out on the sales. Hopefully they pop up again soon 🤞

mcr-85

WKR
Looks like I just missed out on the sales. Hopefully they pop up again soon
The factory seconds can be picked up from Stockys at a great price. Just send them an email.

I don't know what makes a stock qualify for factory seconds but mine was in good shape. I hit it with a scouring pad, cleaned it and painted it. The inlet was just fine.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

jpk724

FNG
The factory seconds can be picked up from Stockys at a great price. Just send them an email.

I don't know what makes a stock qualify for factory seconds but mine was in good shape. I hit it with a scouring pad, cleaned it and painted it. The inlet was just fine.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Good to know!

How are ya'll liking the Stocky's? I got a Bell and Carlson that is good quality, but I like the vertical grip on the Stocky's.

Last edited:

jamesmc8

WKR
I have the carbon barrelled action. It comes in about 6 ounces less than the 22" sporter steel barrel option. Accuracy has been good for me. All in with Stockys VG Mini stock, Trijicon Credo 3-9x40, DNZ rings, Jefferson floor plate and Warne bubble level at 6 lbs 3 oz.

For me this is a backpacking specific rifle. For general purpose hunting I grabbing my Tikka 6mm Creed every time.

Attachments

• 20240814_205020.jpg
    20240814_205020.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 20240814_204957.jpg
    20240814_204957.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 65
Howa Mini 6 ARC got some range time today. 108 grain ELDMs over 27.5 grains of Varget 2700 FPS 22” barrel.

Hitting steel at 800 yards. So easy to spot hits.

IMG_1485.jpeg

Spent a couple hours at the range today with my 6 ARC. 600 yards steel no problem. 108 ELDM handloads are rivaling my Tikka UPR 6.5 CM. My 6 ARC likely will be my #1 hunting rifle this year. The 6 ARC is just a pleasant rifle to shoot.

Another bonus of the 6 ARC is barrel life. I’m approaching 1K rounds on the bore and I’m hearing they can go 5K rounds easy.

PC356

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Put this one together using a Howa Mini 7.62x39 stainless barreled action I picked up from Brownells. The stainless version in these seems to have a much smoother bolt feel than the chromoly versions I’ve handled. Spun on a prefit variable shoulder PBB 18”, 1-7.5” twist, 6 ARC barrel in light Palma contour. Bedded it into a Stocky’s VG. Runnin the Jefferson Outdoors DBM. The Arken LH is really just a place holder to break in the barrel. It dialed beautifully out to 913 yds and the glass impressed me even on 16 power. Might run it till it breaks. Lovin how it shoots, seems to hold 5/8-3/4 MOA easily. Banged steel at 600, 810, and 913 without much drama. I noticed this 18” barreled Mini Action is almost exactly the same overall length as my other CA Ridegline Scout in 6 ARC with a 16” barrel.IMG_2542.jpegIMG_2531.jpeg

Last edited:

waspocrew

WKR
I keep going back to this thread - the brownell's BA seems like a great value. Problem is, it seems stockys is out of the VG for the time being, so wouldn't be able to shoot it for a while.

For bolt 6 ARC options I'm considering:
- Ruger American Gen 2 (not super impressed with the action, but accuracy reports seem very favorable)
- Howa mini action (as above, want to go with a stockys VG, so probably a bit of a wait)
- Pick up a new bolt for my Terminus Zeus QC and prefit barrel (more $$, but solid platform and takes very little effort to change my barrels)

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
I keep going back to this thread - the brownell's BA seems like a great value. Problem is, it seems stockys is out of the VG for the time being, so wouldn't be able to shoot it for a while.

For bolt 6 ARC options I'm considering:
- Ruger American Gen 2 (not super impressed with the action, but accuracy reports seem very favorable)
- Howa mini action (as above, want to go with a stockys VG, so probably a bit of a wait)
- Pick up a new bolt for my Terminus Zeus QC and prefit barrel (more $$, but solid platform and takes very little effort to change my barrels)
Usually Stockys is able to fill backorders pretty quickly. I'd recommend giving them a call and asking if you haven't already.

waspocrew

WKR
Usually Stockys is able to fill backorders pretty quickly. I'd recommend giving them a call and asking if you haven't already.
Good call! I'll see what they have to say about backorder ETA. With the recent release of Alpha brass for the 6 ARC, I'm definitely even more interested in a bolt action 6 arc platform.

PC356

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Good call! I'll see what they have to say about backorder ETA. With the recent release of Alpha brass for the 6 ARC, I'm definitely even more interested in a bolt action 6 arc platform.
My stock above was back ordered. Emailed about it a cpl weeks after ordering. Showed up a few days later oddly enough.

waspocrew

WKR
How's the trigger on the Howa? Decent for the price? I've been spoiled with the plethora of aftermarket rem 700 clone triggers.

I back ordered a hunter and VG. VG shipped in a couple weeks and the hunter took about a month. The finish on the hunter might have made the wait longer. Excellent customer service as well.

waspocrew

WKR
I back ordered a hunter and VG. VG shipped in a couple weeks and the hunter took about a month. The finish on the hunter might have made the wait longer. Excellent customer service as well.

You guys are making me want to click the "backorder" button right now haha

Might wait to pull the trigger until Labor day just in case Brownell's has a sale or coupon.

How's the trigger on the Howa? Decent for the price? I've been spoiled with the plethora of aftermarket rem 700 clone triggers.
I’d say it’s decent for the price but you’ll probably be disappointed in comparing it to aftermarket rem 700 triggers.

I have a Timney waiting for me at home to try out. It should be a nice upgrade over stock.