6.5 Creedmoor/260 for Deer, Elk, and whatever else.....

cqh1111

FNG
Killed plenty of antelope and mule deer with a 20” barreled 6.5 creedmoor from 50-425 yards. Never had any run too far. Haven’t tried on elk yet. Plenty of pics in other posts that suggest it’s adequate with good shot placement.

Grant76

FNG
Killed plenty of antelope and mule deer with a 20” barreled 6.5 creedmoor from 50-425 yards. Never had any run too far. Haven’t tried on elk yet. Plenty of pics in other posts that suggest it’s adequate with good shot placement.
It is most definitely more than adequate with proper bullets. Key is to pick bullets that maximize killing potential.

View attachment 641170
View attachment 641171
6.5 creed got broken in...
180 yds 2500ish fps impact vel
140 ELDM 2710 MV
Put three bullets in and she dropped within seven seconds of the first shot.
Damage was astounding.
Spotting the impacts was a breeze!! I'm sold!
PTL!

Man 3 shots in 7 seconds, was it you in the Texas School Book Depository building in Dallas 11/22/63?

Congratulations, 3 hits in 7 seconds is pretty impressive! What model is your Night force?
Thank you sir! I've been practicing! (Dry fire before I go to bed every night does the trick)

It's the SHV F1 4-14x50. Originally was going to run an SWFA 6x on it. But how SWFA is choosing to run things right now just makes me gag. So I sent my money to NF. I went back and checked and I had it on 5x for the shots.
Two of them when into the rear lower portion of the lung and the other hit the middle of the shoulder.

Unckebob

WKR
Anyone running 140gr nosler BT in 6.5 with good results?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I took one deer with it using my handloads. It did not perform any better or worse than the 143g ELD-x on game.

If I was at the store picking out bullets to hand load, I would choose the less expensive of the 2.

gerry35

WKR
Thank you sir! I've been practicing! (Dry fire before I go to bed every night does the trick)

It's the SHV F1 4-14x50. Originally was going to run an SWFA 6x on it. But how SWFA is choosing to run things right now just makes me gag. So I sent my money to NF. I went back and checked and I had it on 5x for the shots.
Two of them when into the rear lower portion of the lung and the other hit the middle of the shoulder.
Thanks, much appreciated. I have a couple of Tikkas that might get the upgrade to the 3-10x42 SHV. Your 4-14x50 looks good on top of your 6.5 Creed. Congratulations again.

gwh97

FNG
Can anyone chime in with more 140 Berger Elite Hunter experience? This thread is quite convincing with ELD-X, ELD-M, and TMK experience, but seems to be relatively few people using the Bergers. I have always been a big Accubond fan, but am trying to talk myself into a switch.

I have an Aoudad hunt in February that I am considering using my 6.5 PRC. I was hoping to use the Hornady's but just couldn't get them to shoot; however, the 140 Elite Hunter is shooting great at 2,880 MV. It sounds like with the Berger it's wise to keep your impact velocity >2000 ft/sec.

I have some buddies telling me I'd be unwise to move away from the 160 AB, but I'm not so sure...