6.5 Creedmoor Penetration

Im not following what you are talking about exceeding what I posted by 100 yards.

I don’t recall posting a distance, just velocity.

I’ve been shooting a 6.5 caliber rifle since 1998 (260 REM and now 260AI). I’m aware of what they do well and don’t do well. I’m also aware of their limitations.

Regarding your comment on researching BC and minimum velocity, I don’t give a flip about what someone says on the internet or in a book. I’m going off real world results based on personal experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ballistic Coefficient is pier reviewed scientific fact.
Not Fudd Lore Bull shit.

What I'm saying is it you are comparing two different bullet weights in a calculator to see when they hit 2000 fps and you are not accounting for different BC then you are putting bullshit into the calculator.
Then spewing bs on the internet.

Heavy for caliber bullets with a better BC will always, every single time retain velocity longer.

What you said earlier about the heavier bullets loosing out sooner is absolutely wrong

Wrong wrong wrong, you haven't accounting for something .

Likewise, there are target bullets made to shoot targets. I know Rocksliders know more than the manufacturers, of course. It probably won’t be long before those companies change their marketing materials to get rid of their bullets designed for hunting. ;)

Sorry man, got to call you out.

You just absolutely don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Just spreading Fudd lore.

xsn10s

WKR
I noticed something today while checking the BC's on TMK's. Sierra lists them as a hunting/ defense bullet as well as target.

Sorry man, got to call you out.

Just spreading Fudd lore.
One thing I have learned in the fairly recent history is conventional wisdom generally isn’t very wise across the whole hunting space, goes for all forms of hunting.

Fudd-lore is probably the most unwise conventional wisdom, but arrow jargon isn’t far behind

woods89

WKR
Ballistic Coefficient is pier reviewed scientific fact.
Not Fudd Lore Bull shit.

What I'm saying is it you are comparing two different bullet weights in a calculator to see when they hit 2000 fps and you are not accounting for different BC then you are putting bullshit into the calculator.
Then spewing bs on the internet.

Heavy for caliber bullets with a better BC will always, every single time retain velocity longer.

What you said earlier about the heavier bullets loosing out sooner is absolutely wrong

Wrong wrong wrong, you haven't accounting for something .

I've shot the 156 Bergers out of my CM some, starting at about 2700 fps. It's really enlightening to see what happens beyond 400 with them vs a 130 or 140 at 2800-2900. And then you have the whole wind issue.

I'm not saying people should shoot 156s in Creedmoors, as you have to load fairly hot. I'm kind of switching to 130 TMK for almost all my uses. But to say BC isn't a big deal is just not correct.

All that to say, I agree with you!

I'm not saying match bullets are the end all be all.
Or they are for everyone.
And pick whatever min opening velocity you want to pick.
But its not the same for all bullet designs.
Thats part of the draw to match bullets.
Precision, BC, Min opening velocity.

But if you are gonna compare something at least do it semi accurately.

Don't just make stuff up, especially if you are gonna recommend it to other people.

Fatcamp

WKR
I've shot a pretty good pile of deer and antelope with a 6.5CM and 143gr ELDX. Never had a problem with penetration.

Last deer was behind left shoulder and and exited in front of the right hind quarter. Didn't go ten feet.

I will say, all my animals have been killed between 200 and 300 yards, so they probably don't count.

When you think about it, terminal ballistics is more about vibes than numbers. Don't let some nerd on the internet talk to you about "ballistic coefficients" and "velocity", I can't even pronounce that. How bullets work on animals is more about the confidence and can-do attitude of the shooter. So if he doesn't think it will work past 500, it won't.

Refer to 0:15 in this video to reinforce the point.

xsn10s

WKR
@deer_hunter132

The 69gr TMK is listed as hunting and defend. Defend shows up on many of the other TMK's. Berger originally listed their bullets as match on and didn't recommend them for hunting. that changed once enough people wrote in claiming they worked great for hunting. the rest is history.

Some mfg dont make each bullet line exactly the same jacket construction between calibers or weights.
Im curious is the 69 & 77 are the same and also compared to 6mm 130gr.

jimh406

WKR

So, you are saying that manufacturers don't make "target" bullets. You can disagree with them, but it's clearly in their documentation.

Also, you probably should read all that I post before you to " try to call" someone out. :D. I also said the following.

"Seriously though, I don’t think there is a perfect bullet. Hopefully, everyone finds ones that work for them to prevent losing wounded game."

What part of that statement do you disagree with?;)

So, you are saying that manufacturers don't make "target" bullets. You can disagree with them, but it's clearly in their documentation.

Also, you probably should read all that I post before you to " try to call" someone out. :D. I also said the following.

"Seriously though, I don’t think there is a perfect bullet. Hopefully, everyone finds ones that work for them to prevent losing wounded game."

What part of that statement do you disagree with?;)
I think they just don't want the liability of suggesting them for hunting. But they clearly work very well for alot of people for alot of scenarios.

And your statement leads us to believe you think they are only for target.

jimh406

WKR
And your statement leads us to believe you think they are only for target.
Mind reading of their marketing groups aside ... use what you want, and I'll stick with my hunting bullets for my uses. Again, in a slightly different way ... there isn't a perfect bullet for all scenarios.

Mind reading of their marketing groups aside ... use what you want, and I'll stick with my hunting bullets for my uses. Again, in a slightly different way ... there isn't a perfect bullet for all scenarios.
How can you deny the lethality of the the target bullets?
When there are litterly hundreds if not thousands of post on here saying they work effectively?

What do you do if the range exceeds the min opening velocity of your hunting bullet?

Let me guess, thats to far to even be considered hunting?