6.5 Creedmoor/260 for Deer, Elk, and whatever else.....

Is there any info out there on the 140gr Tactical Tip Matchking loaded by Federal for their tactical line? I couldn't find anything useful out there. It looks like a 140gr TMK but I didn't find published data on it.

Spoonbill

WKR
Is there any info out there on the 140gr Tactical Tip Matchking loaded by Federal for their tactical line? I couldn't find anything useful out there. It looks like a 140gr TMK but I didn't find published data on it.
I think its in the 223 thread but its the same bullet just with a blue tip. Not sure if that applies to just the 223 or across the board.

BjornF16

WKR
The Sierra Ballistician gave me a BC of .563 G1 for the 140 TMK

OP
woods89

woods89

WKR
Think they’ll ever sell the 140tmk ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It'd be great for the PRC and SAUM guys, but would it really do much more at CM velocities?

I used to feel like I wanted a 145-148 TMK, but I've about decided the 130 is just fine for a CM/260. The biggest thing on my mind was better penetration but after my own experience with 130s and watching people drop animals wholesale with 22 cal and 6mm rounds, I'm not worried about it anymore.

amassi

WKR
It'd be great for the PRC and SAUM guys, but would it really do much more at CM velocities?

I used to feel like I wanted a 145-148 TMK, but I've about decided the 130 is just fine for a CM/260. The biggest thing on my mind was better penetration but after my own experience with 130s and watching people drop animals wholesale with 22 cal and 6mm rounds, I'm not worried about it anymore.

Definitely leaning towards magnum for the 140.
Agree the 130tmk is match made in heaven for cm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
Because people lost their minds and bought everything they saw when they didn’t need it, and Sierra didn’t/hasn’t increased production.
Ahhhh, I interpreted your first statement wrong. If they can be found would you prefer those federal loaded 140gr over 140 eldm. I had planned on using the Hornady this year as I don't reload. I have used the 77gr tmk with great results but nobody does a factory load with the creedmoor.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
If they can be found would you prefer those federal loaded 140gr over 140 eldm.

The TMK’s create as close to an ideal wound profile as any bullet made to me. Having said that, ELD-M’s are very good and most/few people would ever notice the difference. Pick whichever is available to you, you won’t miss it fail because you used one or the other.

Having said that…. Given both on a table and in quantity- TMK’s.

My wife just killed a billy at 470y with a little 6.5cm shooting 147 ELD-Ms out of a 18.5” tube. She was able to watch her impact and prepare for a follow up shot, which wasn’t needed. The results were exactly what I have experienced with previous animals of this combo.

Caliber-sized entrance, substantial disruption the the chest cavity with a tennis- to golf-ball sized hole exiting the chest. I typically get exits with smaller bodied animals like deer, pronghorn, and goat, but generally not with elk or larger.
I will continue to hunt exclusively with that combo.
85D0C953-967E-4882-92E2-A1D2F1D3136B.jpeg

Exit with offside shoulder on

443B1A68-1AC0-4C46-957F-0C5A4BCF505B.jpeg

Exit with offside shoulder removed.

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
Drank the koolaid and ordered a T3X in 6.5CM. People I trust tell me I'll be undergunned for elk. Hope to find out that's not true this fall.