.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

zdc1775

FNG
Never thought of that for some reason but I like it. Suggestion on type of paint to use?

I'll second Krylon. I use the specialty camo paint that's ultra flat, and I don't clearcoat it because I found that even the matte or flat made it too shiny for my liking. Plus that allows the paint to chip and fade from use which I like on my rifles.

Bingo! I am tempted to engage on there but thinking I’d better not.

Got into it a bit with Furman on tuning/.5moa all day/we owe it to the animals to tune at 1000 yards etc. not a fruitful discussion.

I think I’m on thin ice with those dudes but honestly I haven’t learned much from that forum in years so I don’t know why I even bother.

I think their cartridge guides are pretty good. Good info on case capacity differences with different brass. I find Alex Wheeler's contributions interesting and helpful at times beyond the ultra tuning that aint in my wheelhouse. But i was recently banned for a post here saying i wasn't surprised at reported bias towards bad christensen reports due to site sponsorship.. Used to get a kick out of one of the members there touting how great christensen and carbon was because they don't walk like a steel barrel.

Back on topic.. had my factory lite 223 tube sent to @Pharmseller a while back because the new ACE tube was to be ready in December but ACE lost their 0.219 bore tooling apparently so I've been without a 223 for a couple months and i'm getting freakin antsy to have a 223 back in the rotation!

Lawnboi

WKR
I think their cartridge guides are pretty good. Good info on case capacity differences with different brass. I find Alex Wheeler's contributions interesting and helpful at times beyond the ultra tuning that aint in my wheelhouse. But i was recently banned for a post here saying i wasn't surprised at reported bias towards bad christensen reports due to site sponsorship.. Used to get a kick out of one of the members there touting how great christensen and carbon was because they don't walk like a steel barrel.

Back on topic.. had my factory lite 223 tube sent to @Pharmseller a while back because the new ACE tube was to be ready in December but ACE lost their 0.219 bore tooling apparently so I've been without a 223 for a couple months and i'm getting freakin antsy to have a 223 back in the rotation!
Who’s doing your chamber job and what chamber?

After breaking in my 223 with the ADI 55bk (which shot no shit .7 moa 10 shots over and over) I went to find jam with some bullets… and I’m pretty sure I got a standard 223 chamber. I’m at jam with every bullet ~.020 out of the case. While I’m a little disappointed, it still shoots 75s and 77s so well I don’t know if I want to call and have it remedied or not. When I’m not putting up a group over 1” it’s hard to want to chase speed and case capacity. I was hoping to burn up my varget stash though.

Who’s doing your chamber job and what chamber?

After breaking in my 223 with the ADI 55bk (which shot no shit .7 moa 10 shots over and over) I went to find jam with some bullets… and I’m pretty sure I got a standard 223 chamber. I’m at jam with every bullet ~.020 out of the case. While I’m a little disappointed, it still shoots 75s and 77s so well I don’t know if I want to call and have it remedied or not. When I’m not putting up a group over 1” it’s hard to want to chase speed and case capacity. I was hoping to burn up my varget stash though.

Thats a bummer but cool that its shooting that well!

Sending this one to Manzella probably just do a wylde chamber. He said to send him a dummy round if I want it longer but I dont think there is a reason to for 77 TMKs and 75 ELDs.

JJ3

FNG
View attachment 669223

I don’t know about the T3x, but this stainless T3 Lite is 1-10.”

Blue Lightning.

P
I bought a blued 223 lite from Europtic last year (brand new) and it was keyholing 75 and 77s at fifty yards. Figured this out when I couldnt hit a a 8.5x11 sheet of paper at 100y with a known .3-.7 load. Ended up barrel was stamped 1:8 but was actually a 1:12

Berretta customer service was a joke. Told me to send it in on my dime and they would look at it in 16wks or so. Denied it was possible to be the wrong twist. Finally got a credit back from Europtic......then moved on.

Just my experience

I bought a blued 223 lite from Europtic last year (brand new) and it was keyholing 75 and 77s at fifty yards. Figured this out when I couldnt hit a a 8.5x11 sheet of paper at 100y with a known .3-.7 load. Ended up barrel was stamped 1:8 but was actually a 1:12

Berretta customer service was a joke. Told me to send it in on my dime and they would look at it in 16wks or so. Denied it was possible to be the wrong twist. Finally got a credit back from Europtic......then moved on.

Just my experience
Wow, that's pretty awful. I just used their CS for my Sako with a stripped screw and they took care of me right away, but I know things get a lot trickier when potential gunsmithing is involved. Hopefully I never have to use their CS for that.

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider

Just my experience
Props to euro optic

philcox

WKR
I'd be really curious as to how this conversation would change (or if it would) in a world of mono bullets only? @Ryan Avery @Formidilosus does mono change the discussion to needing/wanting a bigger cartrige (e.g., 7PRC, 300 PRC)? - Thx

I'd be really curious as to how this conversation would change (or if it would) in a world of mono bullets only? @Ryan Avery @Formidilosus does mono change the discussion to needing/wanting a bigger cartrige (e.g., 7PRC, 300 PRC)? - Thx
More speed not necessarily size is my understanding. Lower velocity expansion window for reliable expansion as compared to cup and core counterparts.

I could be wrong…

And there is no telling what Pharm is doing to your old tube as we speak. I’m guessing he’s making a big batch of reduced recoil loads for it though… beyond that….