.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Eurooptic has them in stock, call and you can save a few bucks from the online price. Mine arrived at the FFL today and I will pick it up tomorrow.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
GunZoneDeals sellls the stainless for like $770 delivered.
I've heard they are hit or miss on service quality. I hate dealing with stupid, so paying $60 more to get it from Eurooptic was worth it to me. Perhaps, it just makes me the stupid in the equation though.🤷‍♂️

atmat

WKR
I've heard they are hit or miss on service quality. I hate dealing with stupid, so paying $60 more to get it from Eurooptic was worth it to me. Perhaps, it just makes me the stupid in the equation though.🤷‍♂️
I’ve not heard much of bad quality from them and have also ordered multiple times. I would buy with a lot of confidence.

But yeah ultimately $60 is inconsequential. If you trust EO more then buy from them — they’re great too.

Antares

WKR

I ordered a stainless 6.5CM from gunzonedeals last week for the price @atmat stated. It shipped a day or two later. Supposed to be here Tuesday. No issues with my sample size of one.

fwafwow

WKR
Sorry if this has been answered. I gathered from searching through this thread that the 75gr ELD-M is too long for the Tikka OEM magazine, but that the 75gr BTHP would fit. Assuming I'm right on that, would the length vary at all hand loading vs. manufactured? I'm looking at a bulk purchase of Frontier 75gr BTHP for practice rounds and want to make sure that the prior threads about BTHP length wasn't limited to handloads.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry if this has been answered. I gathered from searching through this thread that the 75gr ELD-M is too long for the Tikka OEM magazine, but that the 75gr BTHP would fit. Assuming I'm right on that, would the length vary at all hand loading vs. manufactured? I'm looking at a bulk purchase of Frontier 75gr BTHP for practice rounds and want to make sure that the prior threads about BTHP length wasn't limited to handloads.

I have shot a few hundred rounds of the factory Hornady Frontier 5.56 NATO 75g BTHP through my stock Tikka T3x Lite .223 with 1:8” using factory magazine and never had any issues. It also shoots the 68g BTHP equally well, so if the goal is practice ammo then the 68g can often be found a bit cheaper. Can’t go wrong either way!

Lawnboi

WKR
They are loaded at saami length and will work fine.

73 eld is what you want for mag length if reloading. Similar BC to the tmk and they tend to shoot really well from a tikka.

fwafwow

WKR
I have shot a few hundred rounds of the factory Hornady Frontier 5.56 NATO 75g BTHP through my stock Tikka T3x Lite .223 with 1:8” using factory magazine and never had any issues. It also shoots the 68g BTHP equally well, so if the goal is practice ammo then the 68g can often be found a bit cheaper. Can’t go wrong either way!
Thanks to you and @Lawnboi. I've found Frontier 5.56 75gr BTHP for about $0.625 per, and Frontier 223 68gr BTHP for about $0.575 per, both before shipping and taxes - so about half of what I paid for Hornady 75gr ELD-M.

Lawnboi

WKR
@fwafwow

Look up cases of global ordinance ADI loaded with 55 blitz kings and 69 smk. Smoking deal for decent brass, loaded well. The 55bk ammo is also a round I found just shoots in most tikkas. Not much more expensive than the bull ammo you’re looking at but it’s not bulk. It also dosnt have a primer crimp if you plan to reload.

Great for short range work and 100 yard drills. Good Vermin/predator round as well. Stuff at short distance has shot better than I can hand load heavier stuff.

Anymore I save Tmk for big animals.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
@fwafwow

Look up cases of global ordinance ADI loaded with 55 blitz kings and 69 smk. Smoking deal for decent brass, loaded well. The 55bk ammo is also a round I found just shoots in most tikkas. Not much more expensive than the bull ammo you’re looking at but it’s not bulk. It also dosnt have a primer crimp if you plan to reload.

Great for short range work and 100 yard drills. Good Vermin/predator round as well. Stuff at short distance has shot better than I can hand load heavier stuff.

This is brilliant. I removed over 500 primer crimps from the frontier brass I saved and like many, after doing that once I realized I’d rather just buy brass without crimps. I may look into this for practice ammo next year, thanks for the tip!

Lawnboi

WKR
This is brilliant. I removed over 500 primer crimps from the frontier brass I saved and like many, after doing that once I realized I’d rather just buy brass without crimps. I may look into this for practice ammo next year, thanks for the tip!
Same…. Brass with crimps goes in the recycling bucket!

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve not heard much of bad quality from them and have also ordered multiple times. I would buy with a lot of confidence.

But yeah ultimately $60 is inconsequential. If you trust EO more then buy from them — they’re great too.

I ordered a stainless 6.5CM from gunzonedeals last week for the price @atmat stated. It shipped a day or two later. Supposed to be here Tuesday. No issues with my sample size of one.

I also got the $723 deal from Gunzone without any issues.
Good to know. Thanks.

fwafwow

WKR
@fwafwow

Thanks for this info. I ran the same numbers for 400 of the Blitz Kings and SMKs and the comparable numbers are $0.60 and $0.62 per. When you add in taxes and the lower shipping costs, the numbers are $0.74 and $0.68 for Frontier 5.56 and 223 BTHP, respectively, and $0.71 $0.68 for the ADIs. Although I'm not a reloader, I will be saving my brass.

I'm not familiar with ADI, and admit that my first reaction would be to spend the difference (if any) with a "known" (at least to me) brand. But if they are the same, or ADI is better (whether due to the crimping issue, or otherwise), I'm more than happy to try the ADI. Especially a mix of both weights.

Jimbee

WKR
Thanks for this info. I ran the same numbers for 400 of the Blitz Kings and SMKs and the comparable numbers are $0.60 and $0.62 per. When you add in taxes and the lower shipping costs, the numbers are $0.74 and $0.68 for Frontier 5.56 and 223 BTHP, respectively, and $0.71 $0.68 for the ADIs. Although I'm not a reloader, I will be saving my brass.

I'm not familiar with ADI, and admit that my first reaction would be to spend the difference (if any) with a "known" (at least to me) brand. But if they are the same, or ADI is better (whether due to the crimping issue, or otherwise), I'm more than happy to try the ADI. Especially a mix of both weights.
I bought 700rds of ADI 69gr and it shot really well out of my tikka. Now I have a bunch of good brass that I've reloaded a few times. I recommend ADI for accuracy and brass, but I haven't tried any hornady

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider

I bought 700rds of ADI 69gr and it shot really well out of my tikka. Now I have a bunch of good brass that I've reloaded a few times. I recommend ADI for accuracy and brass, but I haven't tried any hornady

I can’t speak to ADI brass personally as I’ve never used it, though I’ve heard it’s good quality. My experience with Hornady frontier brass has been mixed. The ammo shot well (1.5-2 MOA 10-shot groups for me as a newer shooter) but the brass is hit or miss, probably depending on the lot. Probably 2/3 of the frontier brass I’ve kept was Lake City, the other 1/3 was stamped PSD, which according to google is decent quality and Korean made. All the frontier brass I’ve saved to reload had crimped primers, which is a pain. About half of the cases required trimming to be within spec and about 10% were trimmed so short I didn’t feel comfortable reloading them.

If you ever plan to reload, the difference of a few dollars spread out over 1000 rounds with the ADI brass vs the grab-bag that is Hornady frontier brass seems like a no brainer to me. If you factor in your time for brass prep, especially the primer pockets, it starts to make even more sense.

Lawnboi

WKR

Frontier is junk compared to adi in my experience.

I’d buy adi before even buying Hornady match 223

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
Website says every 700 has a Timney in it. Wonder if its a decent trigger or if it just has their name slapped on a POS?
Couldn’t be any worse than what it replaced. Something tells me Timney wouldn’t risk their rep on shit product in an OEM rifle. Good that Remington acknowledged their complete inability to make a safe trigger of decent quality since the 40X and did something about it. It’s sad that the solution wasn’t found in house.