.224 75 grain scirocco - 22 creed velocities

270quest

WKR
Anyone played around with this bullet in say anything 2900 FPS and faster? Got me a bit intrigued in the 22 creed as its a sleeker higher bc bullet but also bonded - if that matters at all? If say that bullet and a 77 TMK bullet were launched at nearly similar velocities and hit a deer or antelope and nearly similar impact velocities - wondering the difference between the two?

@Formidilosus any experience on the swift?

I have read online they can be finicky to find a good load - but most of what I read was with larger caliber bullets/cartridges/loads.

I can only speak to my experience with the 75 grain swift scirocco in a 22-250AI at 3400 fps. And primarily on large’ish pigs (200# or so). They kill but blood trails are difficult and I’ve not had a single one drop with shoulder hits out to 300 yards or so.

I have no on game experience using the TMK yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Anyone played around with this bullet in say anything 2900 FPS and faster? Got me a bit intrigued in the 22 creed as its a sleeker higher bc bullet but also bonded - if that matters at all? If say that bullet and a 77 TMK bullet were launched at nearly similar velocities and hit a deer or antelope and nearly similar impact velocities - wondering the difference between the two?

@Formidilosus any experience on the swift?

I have read online they can be finicky to find a good load - but most of what I read was with larger caliber bullets/cartridges/loads.

Sciroccos generally are a bit picky to get shooting, but as far as high weight retention bullets go, the Scirocco is probably the one I would choose as they tend to open a bit wider than others. Compared to heavy ELD-M’s and especially TMK’s, they produce narrower wounds.