2024 Cold Bore Challenge Q&A Thread

Lowedown

FNG
Good morning! I feel like I missed a buck this morning, and will be analyzing my missed shot all day today!

I lost my day 2 shot to a small ill timed wind gust this morning. Another great learning experience to get me thinking about what I could have done better. I'm thinking zoom out to see more foilage for wind changes, and remember that grassy open ridges start thermalizing in that morning sun :)

lak2004

WKR
Shot some rounds this morning at 798 yards. Only hit the steel one time out of 25 shots. There's lots to work on. Enjoying suppressed shooting immensely, though, that in itself will get me shooting more often. Also, I got the LS Wild 2-5 rear bag and it is awesome. Lightweight, relatively cheap and helped me miss more consistently
90cae7692798c018db237b819d434d75.jpg

Ucsdryder

WKR
Shot some rounds this morning at 798 yards. Only hit the steel one time out of 25 shots. There's lots to work on. Enjoying suppressed shooting immensely, though, that in itself will get me shooting more often. Also, I got the LS Wild 2-5 rear bag and it is awesome. Lightweight, relatively cheap and helped me miss more consistently
90cae7692798c018db237b819d434d75.jpg
Haha! I’m not sure they’d want your for their rear bag spokesman! 😜

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Good morning! I feel like I missed a buck this morning, and will be analyzing my missed shot all day today!

I lost my day 2 shot to a small ill timed wind gust this morning. Another great learning experience to get me thinking about what I could have done better. I'm thinking zoom out to see more foilage for wind changes, and remember that grassy open ridges start thermalizing in that morning sun :)
Man that looked like a good shot and dang close! If you're a lungs aimer (which everyone should be in my opinion) I think you have a dead animal as long as you weren't too low? Love your spectators!

Lowedown

FNG
Man that looked like a good shot and dang close! If you're a lungs aimer (which everyone should be in my opinion) I think you have a dead animal as long as you weren't too low? Love your spectators!
Thanks for checking it out and the encouragement! Yes the spectators are always welcome ;)

lak2004

WKR
I may be the Pot calling the Kettle black but I couldn't resist!View attachment 731908
I had dialed up 6.3 mils according to 4dof but was hitting high, dialed down to 5.7 mils and elevation was good then. Need to get some more chronograph data. Thinking my barrel maybe sped up. Also, new can. Shot the first 2 shots with a proven load bit still missed. Oh well

Lowedown

FNG
I had dialed up 6.3 mils according to 4dof but was hitting high, dialed down to 5.7 mils and elevation was good then. Need to get some more chronograph data. Thinking my barrel maybe sped up. Also, new can. Shot the first 2 shots with a proven load bit still missed. Oh well
Copy that. I had a load speed up last year. Once I figured it out it wasn't hard to get back on. My rifle just got a new stock and has been shot twice before the challenge to somewhat verify zero, but I was admittedly nervous to send my first 600 yard round. I now feel the rifle is doing what it should but I plan to put some range time in to further verify and practice my wind. I think it is time to invest in a wind meter.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Hey, I went and watched your videos, great shooting! Especially in that much wind!

I’m not totally up on the rules for this contest, but I thought your first two had to be between 575 and 625?
I’m also not totally up on the rules. Just hiked and climbed up and set up a target and then shot.

If I’m disqualified that’s no worries at all. I would do this with no prizes at stake to be honest. Such a cool idea and event.